Let's start with the pros!
This hotel is best for the perfect location of Times Square. The hotel is really in the middle of broadway which makes it perfect for going to the theatre for example! Good location to drop off your shopping bags half way throughout the day also!
It is a very old building of art deco style which is partly why we chose this particular hotel. It is a lot smaller (reception area) than it appears on the website but this wasn't a problem. I really loved that it retained the old glamour of the decade it was built.
There is a small diner attached to the hotel and we found it the best value for breakfast. A steak and eggs only cost about $12! The staff were really polite and friendly too despite being rushed off their feet.
The Rum Bar which is part of the hotel is really quaint and very Prohibition era styled. However, the drinks were EXPENSIVE. I mean very very expensive. After buying about 2 beers, 3 cocktails and 2 shots I was really shocked that our bill was $130. However, the piano man was great and again added to the feel of the 1920's.
The cheese and wine event on Fridays is really good fun and they have a jazz band too - this is free for guests and we really enjoyed this.
Now the cons.. :-|
Unfortunately, despite informing the hotel that we were here on Honeymoon, they gave us a very old battered room on the 16th floor. The heating in this room was unbearable. I have heard people on Trip Advisor mention this problem before and in all honesty I thought they were likely to be exaggerating, but they weren’t!
We attempted to turn off the heating all together but this seemed to do nothing. We therefore asked someone to come and help. A handyman came and tried to turn off the radiator and claimed they had been successful in doing so but again the heating remained on (full blast).
On the third day of our stay we went down to physically explain we could not stay in the room due to the heating. Someone then came up and told us that the radiator was broken, but they didn’t offer to move us. So we stayed in a boiling room throughout our stay.
As you can see the pros outweighed the cons. Would I stay here again? Yes, possibly! As stated, the location is great if you have never been to NY before and want to stay in an area where all the action is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1931, Hotel Edison is an architectural art deco masterpiece with a rich history dating back from the moment famed American inventor, Thomas Edison turned on the light at the grand opening of the hotel to playing host to countless notables, to movie and television appearances. Hotel Edison is conveniently situated in the heart of New York City's iconic Times Square, amidst the energy and excitement of the latest in Broadway Theatres, nightlife, fine dining and shopping. The hotel is within steps of Midtown Manhattan's premier business and leisure destinations - Time Warner Center, Rockefeller Center, MoMA and world renown Fifth Avenue Shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Otel, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Edison Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edison Towers Times Square
- Edison Hotel New York City
- Edison New York
- Edison Towers Time Square
- Edison Hotel Nyc
- Hotel Edison New York City
- Edison Towers New York
- Edison Towers Hotel