My wife and I stayed at the. Edison for 5 nights from thee 27th March.
After reading one of the previous reviews we arrived with a little trepidation.
We were on the 15th floor, overlooking 47th street so a bit of a view, we could just about see the Hudson in one direction and onto 7th Avenue in the other.
The room was a good size with a large closet, a desk with chair, a very large chest of drawers and 2 large bedside lockers. The bathroom was a compact size but had a bath so better than some! The TV was a decent sized LCD interactive model and worked very well.
Overall the room was in very acceptable order, a bit of fraying on the carpet edge but not really an issue. The bed was large enough, comfortable and clean. We had plenty of towels, changed daily. The room maid seemed to do a great job of keeping things replenished and clean.
The only slight gripe I had was the noise. There are lots of road works nearby and, because of the way the air-con unit was fitted into the aperture of one of the sash casements, there were gaps around the edge covered only with thin plastic. This allowed extra noise in and it seemed night time was when the noisiest works took place. I had to wear earplugs (which I often do anyway) which solved the issue but my wife did mention the noise quite a bit.
One other small issue was the cost of the WiFi. Most other hotels now supply free Wifi but it was a cost option at the Edison. $ 25 for 3 days so not cheap either. These days this should be addressed. But certainly worth taking into account. That said, e Wifi was fast and reliable.
The staff were great, a little stressed at the front desk sometimes but understandably. The cafe staff were friendly as were the bartenders in the Rum Room. The lobby is fantastic and very welcoming. Free safety deposit boxes were a bonus.
We would certainly visit again based on this experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1931, Hotel Edison is an architectural art deco masterpiece with a rich history dating back from the moment famed American inventor, Thomas Edison turned on the light at the grand opening of the hotel to playing host to countless notables, to movie and television appearances. Hotel Edison is conveniently situated in the heart of New York City's iconic Times Square, amidst the energy and excitement of the latest in Broadway Theatres, nightlife, fine dining and shopping. The hotel is within steps of Midtown Manhattan's premier business and leisure destinations - Time Warner Center, Rockefeller Center, MoMA and world renown Fifth Avenue Shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Otel, Odigeo, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Edison Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edison Towers Times Square
- Edison Hotel New York City
- Edison New York
- Edison Towers Time Square
- Edison Hotel Nyc
- Hotel Edison New York City
- Edison Towers New York
- Edison Towers Hotel