The Edison is an older hotel but don't hold that against them. There are 4 elevators and even during peak usage times the wait was minimal.
There is an attached cafe' (Cafe Edison) that's a typical NYC eatery. No complaints there.
The location is literally, a baseball throw from Times Square and the theaters are all within a short walk (go up 8th to avoid the gauntlet of tour bus ticket peddlers, guys handing out free CD, etc) as is just about anywhere on Restaurant Row.
Here's the rub. The room we reserved was a "Signature" (large) room on on upper floor. The room they put us in was a "Classic" (small) on the 3rd floor right over the main entrance. This wouldn't have been a problem *IF* the lady at the reception desk had said so from the beginning and explained that the bill would be adjusted accordingly. She did not, and it took a manager to approve the $850 refund (after being confronted about the switch).
All that said, apart from being small (for more than 2 people it would have been way too small but for 2 it was fine), it still wasn't a bad room. One of the two windows actually opened more than a few inches (don't see that in NYC hotels very often!) and the traffic noise was barely noticeable. A huge plus were the little markets along the street and the Duane Reed on 8th. Pretty much anything you might have needed was covered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional twenty-two-story hotel with Art Deco touches, situated in the heart of the theater district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Edison Hotel Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edison Towers Times Square
- Edison Hotel New York City
- Edison New York
- Edison Towers Time Square
- Edison Hotel Nyc
- Hotel Edison New York City
- Edison Towers New York
- Edison Towers Hotel