“The Edison hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Edison Hotel Times Square

Save Saved
You added Edison Hotel Times Square to your Saves list
Edison Hotel Times Square
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   228 West 47th Street, Between 8th Avenue and Broadway, New York City, NY 10036   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Tripadvisor Special 15%
Ranked #291 of 449 hotels in New York City
Stockholm
“The Edison hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Just returned last night from our first visit to New York. The Edison hotel is in a fantastic location,
within walking distance to many attractions and not more than about 40 meters to times square.We saved on metro fares by being able to walk to many places.
The hotel staff are very friendly and helpfull.The hotel restaurants and bars are very well priced and the quality is higher than many other places on times square.The room was very clean and although very close to times square the noise level was fully acceptable. I would without a doubt
use this hotel again.A coffee machine or kettle in the room would make this hotel perfect for my
next trip.

Room Tip: High up is quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GloriaPierrot, Guest Relations Manager at Edison Hotel Times Square, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Alldar,
Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are grateful to have had the opportunity to serve you. For your future stays, our Superior King rooms and our Signature rooms are all equipped with coffee makers and many other amenities. Please keep in touch via social media. We look forward to welcoming you back.

4,878 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (748)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Meredith, New Hampshire, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I booked the Edison Hotel on their online site after researching hotels in my price range in Times Square & ended up choosing Edison because of it's location and historic appeal. I was very impressed with the value of this hotel. First off, the staff was friendly and efficient. My son and I got to the hotel a couple of hours before check in and thought we'd just leave our bags and head out until 3. When we went to the front desk we were given a room immediately, no questions asked. Our room was clean and good sized with a king bed and a small sitting area. The bathroom was generously stocked with all kinds of toiletries and towels. The hotel was quiet and restful and the bed & pillows were comfortable. I was impressed as I booked the least expensive room. But really, the thing that makes this hotel fabulous is the location! Steps from TKTS, the subway and all things in Times Square!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Elizabeth S, Thank you for your positive review. It sound like you were booked one of our new Superior King rooms. We are so glad that it met with your approval, and that you loved our location. Thank you for recognizing our staff as well. Please keep in touch via social media. We look forward to welcoming you and your son back to the Hotel Edison.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I first stayed at the Edison in October 2012 with two girlfriends. My second stay was in February 2013. Both stays were extremely enjoyable.
When you arrive at the Edison the doorman always greets you with a smile. Security is always standing inside the door next to the elevators. These gentlemen have a wealth of information on getting around the city!
The front desk staff is efficient and friendly. I have never had to wait for someone to address me at the counter.
I have stayed in three different types of rooms (two twin room, two queen room and a renovated two queen) and all were clean and comfortable.The mattresses and bedding were perfect and the bathrooms were clean and well stocked. The renovated room was especially lovely...loved the shower and "flower" tissues.
There is a restaurant attached to the hotel. I have only used it for coffee and breakfasts. The food is tasty and reasonably priced. Service is fast...perfect when you have a whole day planned.
NYC is easy to navigate from the Edison.I was able to walk to many attractions. There are numerous subway entrances near the hotel for exploring other parts of the city. Stop by the concierge desk and you will get a detailed map to help you explore. After a day of sightseeing, I really appreciated the hotel having two entrances. I always chose the closest!
During my last visit I had the opportunity to meet Gloria, the guest relations manager at the Edison. She is a lovely woman who prides herself on making your stay at the Edison a memorable and enjoyable one.
I'll be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
GloriaPierrot, Guest Relations Manager at Edison Hotel Times Square, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Maresha,
Thank you for the positive comments regarding the cleanliness, service and location of the hotel.
We want to pass along our gratitude to those who contribute and as a result pass on their wisdom, experience and knowledge. We are delighted that you enjoyed the Hotel Edison and would love to have you to stay in our home again!
Middletown, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We've stayed at the Edison now about a dozen times, most recently in February 2013, and in December 2012. As many have noted, you cannot beat the location of this hotel - museums, shows, eateries, etc. We've always had a great time staying at the Edison - it's always been clean and comfortable. They have a great, accommodating staff, the best doormen in NYC, and a great Deco lobby. The Edison Cafe is THE place to get your breakfast. Our most recent stay was the first time we were in one of the upgraded rooms on the 20th floor. The room is comparable with some of the best hotels I've stayed at around the world. The bathroom was beautifully updated and the bed and furniture were equally as nice and comfortable. I must admit though, I have a fondness for the older rooms too, and hope that they will preserve at least a few floors of these rooms to those of us that enjoy them. Still the best deal in NYC, price-wise. Sure, you can find a fancier hotel in NYC, but how much time do you spend in your room in NYC?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GloriaPierrot, Guest Relations Manager at Edison Hotel Times Square, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear David C, What makes us the most happy is satisfied guests, and this review is fabulous!
Our aim is to always exceed our guests’ expectations and we are delighted to know our entire team has done that for you. We are so glad that our Signature rooms have lived up to your expectations. We trust we will see you again soon in your New York home.
Kaysville, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We booked this hotel on Priceline. It was listed as a 4-star Express Deal. By choosing one of these express deals on Priceline you dont know what 4-star hotel you get until you hit submit. It was listed as a 4-star hotel, restaurant, and fitness room. The result for us came up with Edison Hotel. As we have been reading the reviews it sounds like there is definitely nicer/remodeled floors and older non-remodeled not so nice floors. I called today to confirm our reservation and to see how we can make sure we are on one of the nicer remodeled floors. The front desk lady informed me that since we had booked it on Priceline and got "a deal" we would not be able to stay on one of the nicer/remodeled room floors. I am leery to see what floor/room we will get now. The location of this hotel looks great supposedly right next to the Marriott Marquis but paying over $200/night for a older room seems crazy. We dont go until April of this year. Once we do I will update my review.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GloriaPierrot, Guest Relations Manager at Edison Hotel Times Square, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Danandstacie,
We look forward to welcoming you to the Hotel Edison. Please send me an email with the reservation details and I can make notations of your preferences. We will make every effort to make you stay with us as comfortable and worry-free as possible. Kind Regards, Gloria Pierrot.
Conway, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have been staying at The Edison since 1984 and continue to enjoy my stays here. There is something extremely comforting about a facility that reflects "Old New York" charm in a simplistic way. The staff is gracious and very helpful. My room this visit was clean, neat, and small, but, for a single traveler, all my needs were met. Yes, if you want glamour and glitz, there are other places. So go there if that is what you require in order to be happy. This establishment provides all the comfort, cleanliness, and security that any traveler should need. I always return and in 29 years, I have never had a bad Hotel Edison experience. Russell Johnson

Room Tip: If you have problems with your accommodations, then contact the Front Desk. They are very helpful.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
GloriaPierrot, Guest Relations Manager at Edison Hotel Times Square, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Russell Johnson,
Out heartfelt thanks for such a great review. Your kind words and high marks means so much to us as we work hard to ensure that each guest's experience is satisfactory. We must be doing something right if you have patronized our property for 29 years. Here's to many more!!
adelaide
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I wouldn't recommend this hotel at all. Stayed in April 2012. They didnt have our booking, front desk staff weren't very helpful. We were put in a filthy room, which for the price we were paying we werent happy with, so they upgraded us to their renovated level - which was still gross.
The shower was covered in mould, we had to request a new shower curtain as it was covered in mould. Yes it's New York so the rooms were small, it was a bed to sleep to in at the end of the day and thats about it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
GloriaPierrot, Guest Relations Manager at Edison Hotel Times Square, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Leeshie83,
We are sorry you had such a disappointing stay last April. It has been almost a year since your visit and we are happy to apprise you that many of our guest rooms have undergone renovations and we are proud to introduce our Signature and Superior rooms. We hope to welcome you back, and are confident you will notice the transformation and be pleased in one of these room types.

Been to Edison Hotel Times Square? Share your experiences!