“Felt like I was a celebrity!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bedford Hotel

You added Bedford Hotel to your Saves list
Bedford Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   118 East 40th Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #339 of 457 Hotels in New York City
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Felt like I was a celebrity!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

So I rolled up to here in the merc I had jumped in at jfk and they treat me like I'm royalty,. As soon as I got to the front door, the staff were straight out the front door grabbing my bags and taking them inside. I paid the driver and headed inside. I gave them my confirmation and got the keys within minutes. They showed me to my room and it was great! What an unbelievable package I had got myself! I found this place cheap online and its straight across from grand central. Brilliant location and ideal for anyone looking to be Central. I couldn't compliment these guys enough for their hospitality throughput my time here. The only thing I don't like is the fact that I cant book in advance yet to return next year :(

• Stayed November 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Polish first
Mississauga, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

i book this hotel on hotels.com requesting a room for 3 people 2 queen beds. when i arrived at front desk they said the only room they have is one King bed and that i have to pay extra for 3rd person. (which i already paid when booked the hotel) when i tried to talk to the manager he said i had to pay extra anyways and would not do anything about it. when i called hotels.com they called the manager and tried to resolve the problem. it took more than 30min on the phone after that they manager came and told us that the only room they have but they will give us a pull out bad free of charge. Over all terrible costumer service.
the room was small and smelled weird. they only good thing about this hotel is the location, close to Central station and Times square.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Monterey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

The location was awesome. less than two blocks to Grand Central. Quick walk to NY Library, Bryant Park, Times Square, Theatre District, etc. It has been sold and will be converted into a 5-star hotel. Too bad. It was great deal. The "little guy" loses.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Fairbanks, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

I was pleased to find this hotel on line after looking at many other hotels within walking distance of Times Square, the theater district, Grand Central Station and good restaurants. While it is an older hotel, it served my wife and me very well and was clean enough for her. We liked the large living area, the separate bedroom, TWO CLOSETS, the nice, but small bathroom and the safe in the closet. The shower had great water pressure and lots of hot water. We were on the fourth floor and both elevators worked all four days. There was a large (65) group of HS girls from Wales staying at the hotel and they did not bother us at all. The doorman (if you can call him that) was not much help and the "reserved" unloading/loading area at the curb was almost always filled by delivery trucks. I saw other more expensive hotels with the same problem. However, I would stay here again without reservation, since I now know what to expect.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Cardiff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

The hotel itself looked ok from the website and their were a few features that were better than others. Firstly the positives! It has a good mini kitchen area with a job, coffee machine as fridge, it's opposite a Starbucks and has a deli nex door which does breakfasts better than the hotel! It's a really short walk to the city center and is really close to grand central terminal. The negatives. It's cold and you have to ask atleast 3 times for anything. They have no concept of space 5 people will not fit in a room designed for 4 even if you move all the furniture arround and my friend saw some cockroaches... Otherwise it's not to bad if you don't mind any of these things

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

The Bedford hotel is a five minute walk away from Grand Central station. It is very well located for all things in New York. It would be preferable to get a room on the higher floors to drown out the street noise. My room was on the third floor and I got woken up a couple of times by the rubbish trucks and the police sirens. I guess the higher you are the less this could happen. The hotel itself is quite dated, but for the price you pay compared to other hotels in this area it is fine. There is no room service, but plenty of places to eat very close by.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

Yes, this is an older hotel, but it is charming! It does not have a lot of frills, no food and or beverage, but the rooms are roomy and it was very clean. Our suite had 2 closets in the master bedroom, small, but both even had lights in them, which I loved. The bathroom was clean with very nice shampoo/cream rinse and soaps. The water pressure was excellent and a most enjoyable Hot shower. Bed linens were also terrific! Our son slept on the sofa bed and he said it was not especially comfortable, but he had plenty of blankets and pillows, that had been made up for him. All in all I would definitely stay there again. The location was perfect for us. We did A LOT of sightseeing and the access to taxis and the subway was excellent. We arrived at noon and left our bags until the 2:00 check in. Staff was very gracious and welcoming!

Room Tip: We asked for a suite and we were on the 16th floor. The view was excellent and minimal city noise.
Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Bedford Hotel? Share your experiences!