“I was ok” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bedford Hotel

You added Bedford Hotel to your Saves list
Bedford Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   118 East 40th Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #339 of 457 Hotels in New York City
Bucuresti, Romania
“I was ok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Everything was clean. They ensure good protection, when I arrive from the city 3:00 am, the doorman asked me to show him that I have a card for a room in order to let mi pass, I thought is ok that he was do his job at that our. I was there only for one night so I can say too much...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Polish first
Medellin, Colombia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was so happy when i arrive to this hotel it as free wifi. having this at Manhattan is a luxury, on our trip to NY we stayed 5 days on The Roosevelt hotel and then move to The Bedford for additional 4 days since the unavailability on the Roosevelt, we walked to the Bedford going around grand central. This 3-star hotel on E. 40th is in the heart of Manhattan and was priced incredibly considering where we were...I The room had not one frill, but - most importantly - had space enough to breathe and fit my wife and I, it has a small fridge, microwave oven and a coffee machine. Our view out the back window...the Empire State Building. We were at a really short walking distance of everything, including the subway station and entrance to the rail on grand central, there were several restaurants near it with options for breakfast and dinner. We will recommend it to anyone who wants to stay at midtown and has a tight budget, it probably wont go over $250 a night!

Room Tip: WIFI is free, ask for the password at the lobby. The front desk personnel where very helpful printin...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
buenos aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were in NYC for the new year's eve. We arrive on december the 30th. We were a party of 8. As soon as we arrive rhey wer expecting us with a nice and yummy gift set. The rooms are big enough (for NYC). It's was clean. All the staff was very helpfull and always trying to give some tips to use our time in the city. Restaurants and averything you need it's a few steps away. I will return shortly to this hotel

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the Empire Stat view!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here twice on week-long trips and we all had a great time! The staff are very welcoming and the rooms are clean and very spacious. The hotel is in walking distance to Grand Central with lots of amenities nearby. I would definitely consider staying here the next time I visit Manhattan!

Room Tip: Ask for a side-facing room if you want extra privacy from street noise!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hunt, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I love this hotel. I also love Domenico's Restaurant next door. FDR and Eleanor lived here back in the day. This old hotel had everything I needed as a business traveler. My only problem was that it's so popular with people in the know, that I often could not get a reservation for my week-long stays. Great location in Murray Hill.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here for just one night and it served its purpose well. Room was good sized - a bit tired and worn but I did not find it as bad as some of the other reviewers have said. Bathrooms was good, clean, absolutely fine. Staff was friendly and helpful.

It's a small hotel but there seemed to be a lot of groups (lots of luggage stacked up in the lobby area).

In this price range on this side of town there aren't a lot of options. If you don't want to spend too much, the Bedford is good value for money.

I had a room on the back and did not find it at all noisy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The best of this hotel is its location. You can walk to many interesting places from there, and since it is close to Grand Central Terminal, you can get the subway in less than 5 minutes walking.
We were 3 in our room that was big enough for us, but it was old and not too clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bedford Hotel? Share your experiences!