“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SIXTY SoHo

You added SIXTY SoHo to your Saves list
SIXTY SoHo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Thompson Street, New York City, NY 10012 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #224 of 458 Hotels in New York City
San Francisco, California
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed at the Sixty Soho on our way to San Francisco for 4 nights. I wanted an option to the Soho Grand Hotel, which is very nice also, but I find the rooms a bit too small.
The room had been recently remodeled and smelled fresh. I had a nice comfortable king bed in a spacious room, although the bathroom was small, but still nice, with a great shower. Maybe due to the remodeling the hotel is going through, the shower drain was clogged and the water would overflow while showering. The entrance hall light did not work and the TV had terrible image, I am not sure why. I complained and they were happy to fix it right away, except for the TV image which continued to be bad. The major inconvenience was when upon returning from a tiring expedition at museums one warm afternoon, I was eager to shower and there was no water. They told me there was a pipe burst at one room above. I only wished they would have called and informed us of the problem which unfortunately they did not. We couldn't use the bathroom for about an hour.
At the last evening at the hotel I found a note with a box of chocolates apologizing for the inconvenience, which I thought it was a nice touch most hotels don't even bother to do.
The rooftop bar is a pleasant place for a drink in the evening, even though service is a bit slow.
The staff was nice and even though my stay was not that smooth, I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Catherine A, Hotel Manager at SIXTY SoHo, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Dear Alecrym,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience and for your immense patience and understanding while our renovation wraps up. We’re sorry that it affected your stay in multiple ways and we appreciate that you reported the drainage, lighting and other issues so that our engineers could address them. As for the TV, I’m happy to report that we’ll soon be upgrading to the leading entertainment technology provider, which will improve picture quality. We’re extremely grateful for your willingness to return when The SIXTY SoHo is ready to present its best self, which should be fairly soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have not been paid by 60 SoHo but I need to say it was one of my best hospitality experience in NYC. Good and relaxing restaurant with nice terrace, excellent rooftop, very quiet and realxing room, excellent bed...I was here for business and it was very relaxing...
Service was very good in the hotel, very efficient every time I interacted with them, very careful about making my trip enjoyable. Only thing that was not perfect was the service on the rooftop because one night they included 18% gratuity to my bill.
price was good because I booked by discount agency. Maybe the regular price is a bit expensive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Paralne,

We greatly appreciate your stellar review! It sounds like the understated feel of The SIXTY SoHo made it the perfect oasis to relax at the end of each day during your trip. A suggested gratuity of 18% should have been included on your A60 bill only if you did not specify otherwise. I’m sorry that this wasn’t made clearer. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Sixty Soho -it's modern hotel with new bathroom and high speed elevator-what is very rare in NY..
Staff is very professional and kind!! I had a problem with authorization my credit card, very kind reception found solution and helped me!!! I booked room for 2 days but prolonged it for more 2 days! The area is si nice-shopping here is comfortable but without crowd of tourists!!!! A lot of nice small restaurants and cafe.. The restaurant Pera in hotel-is very popular and very tasty!! With fusion Turkish -Mediterranean kitchen.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Nosogor,

Thank you for writing about your stay. We’re glad you were impressed and that our staff was consistently able to provide a satisfactory response to your needs. Pera is one of the many great restaurants in the vicinity of The SIXTY SoHo, and we hope you’ll make a return visit to try some others!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We recently stayed at Sixty SOHO (formerly 60 Thompson) and loved it.

We actually were planning on staying elsewhere in Manhattan, stayed at the other Times Square Hotel, and hated it. We stayed at this hotel 5 years ago, and had a fantastic experience.

I called SIXTY SoHo and they were absolutely accommodating and re packed up and moved.

Best decision we made on the trip. It changed the whole dynamics of our visit to the City.

I travelled with my two teenage boys (18 and 16). The doorman, concierge, front staff and housekeeping were each stellar.

It was undergoing the last of renovations, but it was NOT AT ALL obvious.

We stayed on the 11th floor in room 1116, great room, incredible views.

THANK YOU SIXTY SOHO for helping save our trip!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 11th floor in room 1116, great room, incredible views. Quiet and accommodated th...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kroencke,

Thank you for such a terrific review! We’re delighted to have turned your trip around and won another set of loyal guests. We’d love to have you and your sons back!

Best regards,

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Lots of pros in my experience. Staff are uber friendly and helpful. They checked me in early and upgraded me. The rooms are a little tight but great value for money. I paid ~$290 including taxes for each night which is less than half the cost of boutique hotels in this area. Location is amazing.

Only downside is that WIFI is $15 - I absolutely hate paying for wifi in hotels where I am staying.

Didn't eat at the restaurant but the bar is fun and has a great view of the city. Positive experience.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Hongkongfoodie2014,

Thank you for writing a review about us. It’s fantastic to hear that you enjoyed so many things about The SIXTY SoHo and that our staff was able to increase your enjoyment by going the extra mile. Regarding wi-fi, our lobby and restaurant network is complimentary and will soon be more convenient to use, as our second-level lobby will feature ample seating space and a relaxed atmosphere. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Staff at Sixty Soho know how to treat guests. I decided to spend my birthday in NYC and the staff made my overnight celebration one to remember. They are thoughtful, helpful and highly professional without the ultra fabulous and rude attitudes that sometimes can accompany high-end stylish hotels. Sixty Soho is my new favorite hotel in NYC - I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Catherine A, Hotel Manager at SIXTY SoHo, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Decade4LivingLife,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us.We’re absolutely honored to be your new favorite hotel and that you had a nice birthday! Our approachable, accountable team is one of the signature features of The SIXTY Hotel SoHo and we take great pride in providing quality service. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regrads,

Wilton, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

So I have mixed feeling about this place. On the one hand, it doesn't compare with a top boutique hotel in the same general area, for example The Greenwich Hotel, which is a personal favorite, but on the other hand it's half the price. Still I get the impression that they think they are that good and that's just not true at all. Anyway, you kind of get what you pay for so in that sense it's fine. On the other hand, if they raise the prices when the current (not very intrusive) construction is over then it will be overpriced.

So, the Pros:
Prompt, polite valet service.
Clean rooms.
Good bed.
Rooftop bar with great views.
Good price Deluxe King for about $350 including taxes etc.
I arrived early and they were able to check me in.
Nice staff although distinctly new and inexperienced in some cases.

And the Cons:
The rooftop bar had no bottled sparkling water. Not kidding. The waitress said "oh, we had some 2 weeks ago, now we only have evian"
Usual grossly overpriced minibar.
Wifi is $15. I can't believe any good hotels still charge for Internet.
Room furnishing was kind of "sleek" but basically cheap.
Although downstairs restaurant was good, staff good, wine well priced, it was kind of overshadowed by the fact that we saw a large rat, casually and unconcernedly working his way along a wall foraging for snacks.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Zorna,

We’re sorry to hear that your experience did not exceed your expectations, however it’s great to hear that our front desk and housekeeping staff delivered excellent service. We do aspire to make an impression for all our guests and therefore value your feedback. Unfortunately due to several construction projects in the area this has caused some infrequent rodent appearances, which we are taking extremely seriously. We are taking the proper measures in order to regulate this issue at hand.

Best regards,

Hotel Manager

Been to SIXTY SoHo? Share your experiences!