“Royal Treatment, Great Room, at a Cost” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SIXTY SoHo

Save Saved
You added SIXTY SoHo to your Saves list
SIXTY SoHo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Thompson Street, New York City, NY 10012 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #210 of 453 Hotels in New York City
“Royal Treatment, Great Room, at a Cost”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I stayed here one night on business. I'm a NYC ex-pat so am familiar with the area. This place was very expensive, but every other lodging option I could find, including Mariott, Sheraton, and Holiday Inn in the neighborhood, were even more! So, considering how nice the place is, it's actually a great value. Because of the renovations, I was upgraded to an already renovated room, which although it had no view but the side of another building, was well appointed with giant flat screen TV, two very comfy double beds, beautiful wide plank dark wood flooring, dark marble and glass in the bathroom, with water pressure to spare. Everything was spanking clean.

They're still renovating, so if you plan on being on the premises during business hours that could be a hassle. I wasn't, so it wasn't an issue for me. The only real clues to this were the fact that the elevator wouldn't take you to the lobby (it's closed for reno, with the front desk set up on the ground floor), and the smell of fresh building materials in the room (not a wood smell, but, I don't know - stain, adhesive, grout, something), which wasn't great but wasn't terrible. I have an oversensitive sniffer and it didn't really bother me.

The staff was great. Extremely attentive, incredibly helpful, super friendly and pleasant. I had some food delivered, and I had stepped out before it arrived. When it arrived early, I was still out. The person at the front desk called me on my cell to let me know, but I missed it, so she was about to pay for it on my behalf when I finally turned up. Another staffer was actually roaming the premises looking for me. Sorry guys! Anyway, they don't go to these lengths in other hotels and that may be worth the high price.

I'm taking 1 star off just because of the renovation, and so people are aware that it's going on. Other than that, it's stellar.

Room Tip: I didn't see any rooms but mine. If you're expecting a view, you should ask for it. But wi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Catherine A, Hotel Manager at SIXTY SoHo, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Jamie D,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We loved it that you like our newly renovated rooms. Regarding the construction, I do apologize. We are in the midst of renovating the hotel and I am sorry that you were inconvenienced. Renovations should be finished late summer. We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff especially as someone who is a NYC ex-pat. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to SIXTY SoHo.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Belmar, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Love this hotel....they upgraded us to a small suite and it was a great room. The only reason we didn't give it 5 stars is because the AC in Bedroom was not functioning and we did not have a good nights sleep despite the incredibly comfortable bed. I'm sure it was a one time problem and we would be back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ginny089,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am very sorry to hear that you were not able to sleep because the AC was not working. We are glad that despite your experience you would come back in a heartbeat. We are looking forward to welcome you back very soon at SIXTY SoHo.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This Hotel is expensive. I stayed 7 years ago and loved it and as a treat for my husband, I booked it again. To be honest, it's a little tired. they were doing a refurb whilst we were staying - there was drilling in the morning (before 9am) and paint was a bit chipped on skirting boards etc....
That said, you pay for the excellent location. We loved it here and we could walk to all our favourite restaurants. Try: Blue Ribbon sushi, Freeman's, Arturo's pizza and Raoul's...
I would recommend it to friends, but warn them that it's not as luxurious as it once was.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear albi2604,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such feedback about your stay. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to our housekeeping management. Our renovations will be finished in late summer and we do hope you give us another chance as we will look forward to hear your feedback about the new rooms and the lobby.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Excellent staff and service through our stay,also the concierge was excellent in advices and restaurants reservations, as well as the front desk and the bell boys, it was a wonderful experience, if you can afford it we highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Catherine A, Hotel Manager at SIXTY SoHo, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Carlos M,

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review on tripadvisor. We are very thankful to have such amazing staff and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to SIXTY SoHo very soon.

Kind regards,

Oslo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Very good location in Soho, new and renovated rooms, nice and clean, quiet and calm hotel, also with a roof-deck. The staff and their excellent level of service is the most amazing thing about this hotel. Very charming!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Catherine A, Hotel Manager at SIXTY SoHo, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear ErikBrenna,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us and we love that you find our staff amazing! We hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Sixty Soho is a wonderful hotel. I am in the hotel business and this hotel passed all my expectations. I know good service and Sixty exhibited the BEST service.My mom and I were warmly welcomed by the bell/door staff and the front desk team. From the moment we walked in I knew we had chosen the right place. Rooms are beautifully done and clean. The bed is incredibly luxurious. (Great sleeps every night). We stayed on the highest floor. Our view was great and we could not hear any street noise. The rooftop bar was the perfect place to enjoy a drink(s) with my mom! The best part of the stay was the wonderful help from Robert the concierge. He made the perfect recommendations that were tailored to what we wanted to do. His attitude and assistance really made our trip. Only wish I could of taken him back with me to Baltimore. Thanks Sixty Soho for everything. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2014
Catherine A, Hotel Manager at SIXTY SoHo, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Sassysteinberg,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We’re very excited to have gained your praise, especially given your appreciation for the finer points of the hotel business. Our renovation, which began a couple of months ago and should finish in late summer, has been proceeding beautifully. We’re happy that you are as pleased with our new look and so are we. The timing couldn’t have come at a better time so you were able to enjoy our roof top. We’ll make sure Robert is recognized for his outstanding concierge services, we are very lucky to have him as part of the team. Ms Sassysteinberg, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon at SIXTY SoHo.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is a great hotel in an nice location, within easy reach of everything in Soho and Tribeca. The lobby bar is a buzzing place to be every evening with a really friendly crowd and great music. The roof-top terrace offers a great view and an excellent place to chill or party depending evening/night. The staff is fabulous.

I perhaps would not stay at this hotel with young children, the clientele tend to be quite sophisticated and either travelling in couples or groups of friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear RichardTA,

Thank you for taking the time to review your impressions of SIXTY SoHo. We’re lucky to be located in such a unique neighborhood, and I’m pleased that our lounge, bar and rooftop appealed as venues for all kinds of social plans. We are thrilled that you find our staff fabulous.

We hope to welcome you back to SIXTY SoHo very soon.

Hotel Manager

Been to SIXTY SoHo? Share your experiences!