“Terrific Staff,Location & Room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SIXTY SoHo

You added SIXTY SoHo to your Saves list
SIXTY SoHo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Thompson Street, New York City, NY 10012 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #222 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Brooklyn, New York
“Terrific Staff,Location & Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I spent the weekend at Sixty Soho for my birthday staycation (a last minute deal from the app Hotels Tonight) From minute 1, the staff was amazing--professional, personable and friendly. Although the room was smaller (I think it was a king) than I had anticipated, it was stylish & clean. I loved the evening turndown service (Fat Witch brownies!) and the hotel bar had great music and a low key trendy vibe.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Heidi E, Manager at SIXTY SoHo, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Chriss W,

Happy belated Birthday!!

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed a nice staycation for your birthday and that Sixty SoHo and staff did its part to it.

If you have planned on coming back to Sixty SoHo before your next Birthday please feel free to reach out to us directly so we can make sure you will have another enjoyable experience.

Thank you!
Best,
Heidi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had the pleasure of visiting SIXTY SoHo this weekend after our original reservation had been overbooked at a sister location. The front office staff, led by Iga, could not have been more accommodating and professional. The hotel's convenient location put us within walking distance of wonderful Italian restaurants, a great place for excellent coffee and sandwiches, welcoming shops and boutiques, and the "E" train (which we needed only once to catch the matinee we were in town to see). Our room was well appointed with stone and tile shower stall, flat-panel TV, stereo, minibar, in-room safe, plush robes, and slippers. Minutes after checking-in, a plate of delicious cookies arrived. Coffee for two the next morning came within 10 minutes of ordering. I highly recommend SIXTY SoHo and look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Heidi E, Manager at SIXTY SoHo, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Andy L,

Thank you so much for taking your time and posting such a nice review for Sixty Soho and our team. We are very glad that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed your amenities in your room.
We are very fortunate to be located in such a great area. Thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact us directly if you are planning to come back.

Sincerely
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Our room was great - stayed in the Sixty Suite,and service was the best, which is why I always stay here while in NYC. Everyone there is pleasant, helpful, and can be counted on to go out of their way to make the stay better. From Anna to Adrian to Luis, all were exceptional.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Zoha G, Front Office Manager at SIXTY SoHo, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience, and we are so pleased that you had a wonderful visit at SIXTY SoHo Hotel.

At SIXTY Soho, we pride ourselves on exceptional service, and are so glad that you were able to experience this first hand. We will be sure to pass on your kind words to Adrian, Luis, Anna and the whole Sixty team.

Please let us know when you will be returning to New York, as we would love to welcome you back as our guest.

Kind regards,

Zoha Ghaffar
Antwerp
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I've stayed 5 times now at Sixty Soho (previously 60 Thompson) and I have each time enjoyed my stay. Staff is very professional yet very friendly as well. Email confirmation upfront was promptly replied to. Roomservice was fast, got Caesar Salad in less than 15 minutes. In the summer I like to go for cocktails at the rooftop bar, great ambiance over there with cool people often from fashion and design professions. In the bar inside the hotel there is often a deejay or like on Sundays a great Cuba party. Needless to say that Sixty Soho is in one of the best areas of the city, at least it is in my favorite part, Soho, but still in a quiet street. This place is more than recommended ! Luc

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
On behalf of the entire team at SIXTY SoHo Hotel, we thank you for sharing the details of your most recent visit to our property on TripAdvisor.

We are so pleased you had such a comfortable stay with us. We pride ourselves in our outstanding staff and service and are so happy you were able to experience that again. Additionally, we are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our prime SoHo location.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Kind regards,

Zoha Ghaffar
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have nothing but good things to say about SIXTY SoHo. The location is ideal for exploring the city and for shopping. The reception staff were top notch and the rooms are lovely. There is a very cool bar on the reception level and great Thai fusion restaurant on the entrance level, and also innumerable restaurants in the area - I could stay forever!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Heidi E, Manager at SIXTY SoHo, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Good Afternoon,

From everyone here at Sixty Soho Hotel, we are delighted to read your nice review of our property. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Best,
The Hague, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Obviously location is in the heart of Soho, so absolutely great. However, price charge is completely out of proportion with the offering. Small room, no internet connection, heating system does not work, each day had to re-magnetize my room card. Hotel needs a major overhaul as it is barely in the 3 star category. Disappointing as it has great potential.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Heidi E, Manager at SIXTY SoHo, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review on Tripadvisor.

We are fortunate to be in such a prime Soho location and are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of that.

We do, however, regret to learn of the other disappointments you experienced during your recent visit.

We totally understand your frustration with the key system and I am happy to share that along with our total refurbishment which starts next week, we will also get a new key system and we are very excited about those changes.

As for the internet we do have wifi in all guestrooms, we also provide complimentary internet access in our lobby.

We would be more than happy if you would give us another chance after the renovation has been completed.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any questions or maybe even for a future reservation - hengelmann@sixtyhotels.com

Sincerely
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Thinking of Staying at 60 Thompson Hotel in NY - SoHo?

Rethink, unless you don’t mind having your valuables missing without them doing anything about it.

On January 27th I left a valuable watch in my room, in the bathroom, and when I returned later that day it wasn’t there anymore. We were at room 61. As soon as I realized the watch was missing, I reported the fact to the hotel staff, specifically Mr. Pierre and Ms. Heidi, who said they would run a thorough investigation. All they did was tell me that they searched the linen and the garbage and it was not there. It took them more than 12 hours to contact the housekeeper, which coincidently was on her “day off” the following day that my watch went missing, and of course, she doesn’t recall seeing any watch. Apparently the same thing with all the other 2 persons who were in our room that day.

Finally, after more than 30 hours after I reported the missing watch, Ms. Heidi, hotel manager, told me that she could do nothing for me, that I had to report it to the police, which I did, and now they’re running an investigation. One of the first things that NYPD asked the manager was about the security cameras on the hallway, and, surprise surprise: they never bothered to check the cameras.

It is unbelievable that a supposedly fancy hotel treats this situation like this. A valuable item disappeared under their care, and they did nothing about it, only the minimum they could to say the “tried” to help me.

What bothers me even more is to hear from the hotel manager (Ms. Heidi) that they “never had a problem like this in the hotel”, which not only is unlikely, but untrue. I could easily find on Trip Advisor a report of stolen $500 boots, dated September 2013, so please don’t tell me you “never had a problem like this”. It is hypocrite, to say the least.

Another huge “coincidence” that I found out only after, is that my mother in law had her watch “gone missing” about 4 months ago, while staying at 60 Thompson, the SAME hotel.
Is that really a coincidence?

Thompson Hotels – NEVER AGAIN.

Please contact me if you are reading this and were also a victim of a Thompson Hotel, so we can together make our voices heard. No more people have to be disrespected and fooled like I was. You’re supposed to relax on your vacation, not to worry if your things will be safe on the place you chose to be your “home away from home”.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Heidi E, Manager at SIXTY SoHo, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Mrs. Carvalho –

Thank you for this information. We completely understand your concern and we want to assure you that we take these allegations very seriously which is why we have implemented the following to better assist us in recovering your valued item. Just to clarify, whenever a guest claims that our hotel was the cause of lost guest items we always follow protocol and notify the New York City police department.

The hotel reported your missing item to the police department, and they had sent out an investigator with whom you met. After taking a statement from you and filing a police report they returned spending hours at the hotel watching video recordings and conducted further investigation.

In the end as we await further information from the investigator, we feel that our follow up methods were completely necessary as we do care very much about every guest that we have during their time at Sixty SoHo. Moving forward, please be aware that every guestroom is equipped with an in-room safe that would further secure any of your valuables you hold so dear.

Heidi

Been to SIXTY SoHo? Share your experiences!