“When can we come back??!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SIXTY SoHo

Save Saved
You added SIXTY SoHo to your Saves list
SIXTY SoHo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Thompson Street, New York City, NY 10012 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #219 of 454 Hotels in New York City
London
“When can we come back??!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We visited earlier this year and I should have written my review at the time but totally forgot. I always think that people are far quicker at talking about the bad stuff rather than the good (perhaps explains the delay in writing this)!

We had a fantastic time at 60 Thompson, great hotel, really polite and helpful staff! The room was comfortable and perfectly suited what we needed. Its in an amazing location - especially when the lovely assistant at Michael Kors puts the wrong pair of shoes in your bag and you need to go back on foot to change them!

Would recommend this to anyone visiting the City who wants to be in a really cool neighborhood. New York can sometimes feel a bit claustrophobic but this isn't the case at 60 Thompson

My only disappointment was that there wasn't free WiFi but am sure that this will no longer be the case when we go back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I recently spent a week at 60 Thompson for business. The service was excellent and the room was very comfortable. I had a few special requests throughout the week that were handled quickly and efficiently. Room service was speedy too. The staff and location make this one of my NYC favorites.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the 60 Thompson. The rooms were clean, the staff take professional to a whole new level. They are always pleasant and willing to help guests. They make you feel special. The hotel is well kept. It has recently been under renovations. It reminds you of the W Hotel but with outstanding customer service. It is centrally located in SoHo. One of my favorite places to stay. I visited the Rooftop Bar while there which gives you an amazing view of the city. Great value for your money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

"New York is my boyfriend BUT 60 Thompson is my lover"

My first time in NYC and I had the most exciting time - the staff right from check in were polite, great looking & always helpful & smiling
A60 was a blast - you need to get white cranberry juice for the cocktail I made up - the views was spectacular both day & night - the service was impeccable as were the drinks - THOM bar was sexy
My room 105 was fantastic - as was kittichai food -
The conceige Boys were very helpful & attentive

Well done 60 Thompson - See you March 14 Lover xx

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was the first time staying at this property and I must say I was pretty impressed! The bellman, concierge, and front desk were all VERY courteous and quick to greet by my first name every day I was there. Beds/pillows were comfortable, and bathroom was spacious. As for constructive feedback, the bathroom lighting was awful in terms of getting ready in the morning! There should be a light over the mirror pointing outward (not down- casts bad shadows) in order to fill the face. NO ONE likes to get ready in bad lighting! You want to leave feeling great. Also the bath to shower mechanism worked halfway so that the bathwater was always running while the shower was on, thusly compromising the water pressure. The chambermaids were VERY loud when cleaning the room next door to mine each morning, banging things around and having no consideration for those sleeping (such as myself). I actually complained to one of them after I was awakened by endless banging around while cleaning. Also, the staff at Kittichai were less than friendly. Those who were friendly were slow and my food took forever to come on a busy night. I understand a crowded restaurant, but at least check in and let me know the progress of the food. On the mornings I had breakfast the restaurant was pretty dead, but the staff again were slow and much more unpleasant. One young blonde girl could not have been more disinterested in me or being there at all, for that matter. Very unfriendly. Everyone else that I'd mentioned (bellman, concierge, and front desk) were all stellar and lovely!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I really like this hotel. It isn't perfect but the rooms are nice, the service good, and the location as good as it gets. When I go to NY I prefer to say in SoHo so there is a short list of hotels I consider. The James, SoHo Grand and 60 Thompson. The James is very nice and the design very interesting (the corner rooms are like staying in a fishbowl with fabulous views). SoHo Grand is cool but perhaps the attitude of the staff does not equal what the hotel delivers. 60 Thompson is cool, understated and delivers a great experiences. If you want a party, go to the Trump or W. I you want a very classy place then 60 Thompson is a good choice. The design of the rooms is tasteful and the beds are comfortable. The lobby is very nice and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Wonderful hotel to explore Manhattan. You probably will not spend too much time in your room but it's nice to come back to a comfortable place at night. Great location in Soho with restaurants and shops, subway within a few blocks. The double room had 2 good size beds for our 3 kids. Our rooms were at the 12th, right below the very nice roof terras. If you're sensitive to noise you might want to request to be on a different floor. We slept perfectly! Breakfast outside on the terras downstairs. The front of the hotel is now in scaffolding but this looks to be temporary and did not bother us in any way. Free wifi at the lobby area.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to SIXTY SoHo? Share your experiences!