“Rooftop Bar is Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SIXTY SoHo

You added SIXTY SoHo to your Saves list
SIXTY SoHo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Thompson Street, New York City, NY 10012 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #201 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Auckland, New Zealand
“Rooftop Bar is Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We werent staying in the hotel but had been recommended to go to the rooftop bar by a local. We managed to get let up (dress up spiffy if you want to be let up and are not a hotel guest) and we stayed here for the rest of the night. AMAZING view. Very intimate place to sit and chat - not really to party. We were very impressed and was the highlight of our trip to NYC.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pablo M, General Manager at SIXTY SoHo, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear BelindaD,

Thank you for the taking a moment of your time to share your A60 experience with Tripadvisor.

We know how special our rooftop lounge is and, were very happy to see you were able to enjoy it.

Next time, take advantage of also staying at 60 Thompson...it would make your commute to A60 that much easier!

Regards.

Pablo Migoya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I'm a little late with my review. I stayed here for a night back in March 2012. I met a friend who was visiting from London. I was quite nervous about driving into the city and having to deal with parking. The hotel is very close to the Holland Tunnel (only a few blocks). I really couldn't believe how easy the drive actually was (Saturday morning). Parking was valet so I was able to pull right up to the front of the hotel & they took care of the rest. I paid $55 (yikes) (billed on your room bill) and wasn't able to take my car in/out. It still worked out being cheaper for me than taking the train in, etc.

I arrived early in the morning so we could spend the day in the city. I did not expect my room to be ready. The hotel will store your luggage prior to checking in & also when you check out which was fabulous for sightseeing. Later in the day when I actually did check-in, they no longer had king bed rooms which I had booked, therefore they upgraded me at no additional charge to a king suite with a balcony... sweet!

Yes, the hotel was noisy at night, especially for a weekend. There was an event being held that night so the hotel bar was closed for a private function, but were still serving drinks to patrons in the comfy hotel lobby.

Be sure to closely check your bill when checking out as I was charged for room service which I did not order. They did take it off with no problem.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Pablo M, General Manager at SIXTY SoHo, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Polskacorka,

Thank you for taking the time to review 60 Thompson.

I am truly sorry for the expense of parking however; parking lots are a true luxury in the city.

We are happy to see that your overall experience at the hotel was a positive one and, that you would come back in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Overnight at 60 Thompson Hotel. Service and staff are excellent! Room small but comfortable. Has all the comforts one can want....sans kettle and tee service in room. But that can be said about most American hotels. Great roof terrace... Definitely the place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask for possible upgrade to larger room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Christian B,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

First and foremost, my sincerest apologies for your noise experience during your stay while in the city.

We make every effort, on every guest interaction, to distinguish ourselves from other hotels by providing a seamless and effortless hotel stay at a price that is related price. I am happy to see we succeeded with you.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The Thompson 60 is an excellent choice for NYC. The location between Greenwich Village and SoHo is great. The rooms and service was very good. Especially the restaurant recommendations were superb.
However, we've chosen the hotel to enjoy the roof top bar and this was closed every time we went there (3 times in 3 days!) due to private parties. If you go there, don't expect to get the chance to use it.
Nevertheless, a strong recommend for the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tobias G,

Thank you for taking the time to review 60 Thompson on Trip Advisor.

We apologize for the closure of A60 during your stay. We try to be very selective on whom and when the rooftop is closed for a private event but, obviously we impacted, in a negative way, your stay.

We do look forward to having you become a loyal Thompson Hotel guest and hope we see you very soon.

General Manager.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel is in a great spot and yes it's a trendy scene. For the money though the hotel is a bit overrated. The room was a bit ratty (the couch nada big white stain. Yum!). My initial experience with the first employee I came across was less than positive. The door guy was flustered and rude when dealing with my car and bags........if I'm paying around $500 a night that NY A-hole stuff doesn't sit well......
Overall I loved the location but for the money there must be something better.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear LAStu,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Although your experience was not one that we are proud of sharing, we do take every review as a potential learning opportunity.

The hotel has been noted, my times over for its exemplary bell and door service however, we seemed to have fallen flat with you and your experience
I would like an opportunity to change your mind on 60 Thompson so, if you have a moment, please reach out to me.

Montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The 60 thompson is a beautiful hotel in an excellent location close to everything in soho. Having stayed in everything from high end to low end in my travels, I was looking forward to the 60 thompson being the luxury experience to top off my shopping trip to nyc. The hotel facilities did not disappoint, but the service staff were below expected standards. Front desk, lobby bar staff underwhelming and at times a hint rude.

Unfortunately due to weather, the rooftop was closed, and the lobby lounge and bar were one of the most disappointing aspects. Wanting to have an after dinner cocktail, the bar was already filling with drunk, young 20-somethings, no place for a relaxing drink. instead heading to soho house. Told by management that the restaurant downstairs manages the bar did not make a difference, as I expected a quality standard that was far below expectations.

Oh - and the shower in the room didn't work properly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear victoriiii,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.

The hotel has been noted, my times over for its exemplary service however, we seemed to have fallen flat with you and, your experience.

Miramar, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Kind of fell into this hotel when planning a trip to NYC for my daughter's 15th birthday. Totally did not realize that I had had drinks at the bar during a trip about 6 years ago. Anyway, the location in the heart of SOHO is great. You don't need to walk more than two blocks in any direction to find interesting shops, great restaurants, etc.

The hotel offers a great bar/lounge behind reception, plus another swanky rooftop bar with stunning views of the skyline. My wife and I had afternoon drinks at the rooftop and (very) late night drinks at the lounge after returning from a night out. Both offered exceptional drink menus, accommodating service, and their own form of entertainment. Upstairs, the beautiful crowd and the view is the draw. Inside, we had great conversation with the bartender and his late-arriving girlfriend.

Another big plus is the hotel restaurant, Kittichai. I reviewed it separately because it deserves it. A simply phenomenal restaurant all around.

The room we had was fine. Nothing special expected and nothing special delivered. The linens and Kiehl's bath products were nice touches. They did provide complimentary brownies and blondies for turndown but the gesture was unfortunately *MUCH* better than the baked goods. Yikes.

Note that we were given a room on a smoking floor. Didn't think to specify otherwise as it's rare to find smoking rooms in the U.S. nowadays. If you are not a smoker don't forget to specify. Luckily we didn't have neighbors so smoke wasn't an issue.

Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Damian D,

Thank you for taking a moment to reveiw us on line.

The hotel, after 11 years has become a steady favorite of many guests. Some, like yourself discovered us over drinks in one of our lounges and some, that have actually stayed in the hotel.

Its always great to hear the stories and experiences that our guests have discovered while being at 60 Thompson.

thank you!

Pablo Migoya

Been to SIXTY SoHo? Share your experiences!