“Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SIXTY SoHo

Save Saved
You added SIXTY SoHo to your Saves list
SIXTY SoHo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Thompson Street, New York City, NY 10012 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #211 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

I always stay here when in the city, and it's like home away from home most certainly. Everyone knows my name, who I am, and they all treat me like I'm a star. I'm very impressed by the staff, from the front desk to house keeping, the door man to the concierge, to the Bars managers.. I also LOVE the restaurant Kitti Chi, and the room service rocks here at 60 Thompson. The Penthouse suite is sweet to stay in, as well as the Thompson suites, some ate better than others, but I like the place over all. The basic rooms are great too.
I love the 60 Thompson.

Room Tip: Penthouse has 2 terraces, and it's loft style, great for entertaining too. The Thompson suites...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011 via mobile

This place is awful. I am in my room right now, it is after midnight, and the music from the club in the lobby is so loud that items in the room are literally VIBRATING. I spoke to the person at the desk and then the manager and they both told me that's how it always is and that the music goes until 2 AM. I was told that they do keep ear plugs on hand to help the guests deal with the music. He was serious. He then said that the music is usually even louder. So I am paying 500 dollars to sleep in a hotel that I can't sleep in. I wish I could record how loud this music is. I can't believe they aren't up front and honest about it. And my room is stifling hot without any AC. This place has ruined my trip to NYC.

• Stayed November 2011
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stayed in 60 Thompson from Sunday 6th Nov until Wed 9th Nov. I had just gotten off a 30 hour or so flight from Australia and so was feeling pretty tired. New York was fabulous but this hotel was an absolute shocker. The hotel was unbearably hot. I was in the top floor and suspect that made it much worse. When I turned on the cooling in my room hot air came out and made my room hotter. It was impossible to sleep unless you open the window. Unfortunately it was then impossible to sleep because of the street noise. Hence I had 3 sleepless nights following a 30 hour flight from Australia!! Upon telling the hotel staff the answer I repeatedly got was that due to the recent snow they were required to turn on the heating within the hotel and as the temperature got hotter instead of staying cold the rooms were hotter. But this is not good enough I am afraid. For the price of the rooms especially. On top of that rooftop bar was closed (as "too cold") and the bar at the reception level was under renovation. Restaurant for breakfast was beautiful but took over 1 hour for what I hoped was going to be a quick breakfast so that I could get out of the hotel. They said they were not expecting so many people that day (! There were only 6 table!), Overall I would recommend you give this hotel a big miss!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here for a last minute trip to NYC. Rooms were great and well serviced and the rates were very reasonable. Walking distance to loads of bars and restaurants but it was quiet around the hotel. Highly recommend staying here

• Stayed October 2011
paris
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

I am currently staying at the 60, Thompson. I was mucky enough to stay in this hotel when it was very new, the staff still committed and enthusiastic. These days are gone: the staff looks utterly demotivated, does barely notice you, I was not given a hello when I arrived at reception for check in (I "had" to say hello). The person had me wait for 8 minutes, to come back and say that I had to be downgraded, as "my room was taken by a guest that had extended his stay". No apologies, no effort whatsoever. This hotel still benefits from a un-deserved glow of trendiness and quality. I strongly recommend not to go this hotel any longer.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
ThompsonHotels, Guest Relations Manager at SIXTY SoHo, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Dear franck078,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at 60 Thompson; we love hearing from our guests. We are sad to hear that your visit was anything less than exceptional and we truly apologize for the disappointing service you received. We are grateful for your feedback, however, and we will be sure to address your concerns swiftly. Furthermore, we hope you will provide us with the opportunity to serve you once more in order to restore your faith in the quality of the Thompson experience.
Thank you again for your feedback.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011 via mobile

I travel frequently to New York for work, and I have stayed at innumerable NY hotels, as I tend to be picky. 60 Thompson is home for me now and has been for some time. I love the location, the ambiance, the staff, and the rooms. I can't imagine staying elsewhere in NYC.

• Stayed April 2011
ThompsonHotels, Guest Relations Manager at SIXTY SoHo, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear JohnJRS,
Thank you for your wonderful review; we love hearing from our guests. The care and comfort of our guests is important to us, and we're grateful to know that you always feel at home at 60 Thompson. We value your continued patronage, and we look forward to serving you again upon your next stay.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

We arrived at the hotel expecting a boutique hidden treasure, unfortunately shabby chic (shabby being operative word) is what we found. The hotel is nice, it's not dirty by by anyone's standards, but it's certainly not the luxurious hideaway that it's portrayed to be. A little tired, a little small, and the service does not do justice to the $600 per night price tag, oh and on top that internet is $15 for 24hrs....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
ThompsonHotels, Guest Relations Manager at SIXTY SoHo, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Dear strawberrysandwich,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We regret to hear that your recent stay at 60 Thompson was anything less than exceptional, but we're glad you said something. We value our guests' feedback and take each comment into great consideration as we constantly strive to improve our services and accommodations. We hope you'll allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Thompson Hotels

Been to SIXTY SoHo? Share your experiences!