“Our new Favorite Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Iroquois

Save Saved
You added The Iroquois to your Saves list
The Iroquois
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49 W 44th St, btwn 5th & 6th Aves, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #19 of 451 hotels in New York City
Loudonville, NY
“Our new Favorite Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

My husband and I were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary, and our children gifted us a stay at the Iroquois. We loved the Hotel. I don't know what we liked better - the beautiful suite we were in, with the jacuzzi tub and the sitting room, or the fact that we could walk everywhere.
It was Easter weekend, and the staff was very cordial and helpful; the room was beautifully decorated, with the highest quality linens and accesories, and the intimacy of a finer boutique hotel.
The location was a plus, making it our new Favorite hotel, since we could walk to the theatre, our favorite restaurants, and even the train station. We will definitely stay there the next time we are in the city, and will send all of our friends there, too.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

1,711 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Turkish first
washingtondc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

My 11 yr old daughter and I stayed at the Iroquois for 2 nights and loved it. The staff are warm and helpful. It is next door to the Algonquin where we visited their famous cat Mathilda. Walking distance to all Broadway shows. 1 block from 6th Ave subway lines. Our room looked out on a lovely outdoor patio seating area next door and was very quiet for NYC because we were in the back of the hotel. The small library off of the lobby had a computer available for guests so my daughter could keep in touch with her friends via g mail. There were lots of restaurants on 44th and 45th streets--from fancy french to Chipoltle and of course the Red Flame Coffee Shop.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Santa Ynez
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

I join the many who love this place. Roomy, tasteful, great service, fantastic location.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Southwest England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

We spent three nights at the Iroquois in April--myself, our teenage daughter and my husband. We chose a suite, and in effect found it was two rooms for the price of one. Our daughter could shut the door and have her own space, and a very comfortable bed.

The hotel is brilliantly located--an easy walk to the theatre district, Times Square, Empire State Building, Fifth Avenue, and of course good shopping. At the same time, when you walk inside, it feels like an oasis. The door is opened for you with a smile, and it's quiet and comfortable inside. The desk staff greet you with a steaming cup of cider--very refreshing.

The room was spacious, immaculately clean, and nicely furnished. Each evening your bed is turned down, and chocolates and a weather report left on your pillow. If I could change one thing, I'd have windows that can open--but that would allow noise, so it might not suit some--the double glazing meant it was very quiet. There was also one waitress who disappointed with her cool attitude.

However, the rest of the staff were terrific--and that's what really makes the place. Absolutely everyone else--from cleaners, doormen and most of all the desk staff-- were ready and willing to help, and generously sorted out any problem. For example, we were offered umbrellas on rainy days, and were allowed to shower and warm up after a drenching on the last day of our stay, long after we should have checked out of the room--and for a very reasonable extra fee. Really, the staff make the place what it is--a perfect spot for wonderful holiday!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

As a business traveler who has been to New York City over 100 times in the last twenty years, I have stayed at somewhere between 15-20 different hotels. During that time, I developed a personal set of preferences for a satisfying NY hotel trip, listed in order of importance to me:

1 - Very clean and comfortable bed/pillows
2 - Bath with a strong shower and good bath amenities;
3 - Pleasant and helpful staff
4 - Centralized location to wherever I need to go, whether by foot or cab
5 - Free access to internet
6 - Exercise facilities, accessible at any time at no charge

Given these criteria, I am proud to say that I have not stayed at another hotel other than the Iroquois for several years now! Looking back, I am quite amazed that not one hotel that I visited prior to the Iroquois was able to match each of my preferences (in some cases, not even half of them!). Given the sprawling, crowded environment of many of the larger NYC hotels that I previously endured, I have become especially fond of the Iroquois' cozy, intimate setting that allows the staff the opportunity to assist on a more personal basis with their guests. That the hotel staff always remembers me by name whenever I return (and I have also seen this with many other visitors) and goes out of their way to make me feel welcome without being intrusive is an absolute luxury - especially when i am over 2,000 miles away from home!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
SE Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

To put it simply, this is an extraordinary hotel, but not merely because of the standard concerns of location and amenities. It has those in abundance, but it has something else that truly sets it above and apart from even what most would otherwise consider the best. The Management and Staff of the Iroquois New York genuinely care about the pleasure you take from your stay with them. No, it is not overt or even subtly obsequious treatment that lacks sincerity and substances. It is exclusively about how you, the guest, perceives the physical characteristics of the hotel, the merits of its collective efforts, and the overall attitude and manner the entire package is delivered. They could not do it better. Moreover, no hotel my wife and I have ever stayed in forty-two plus years of traveling in Asia, Europe, Canada, The Caribbean, and the United States has come even close.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Worthing, West Sussex, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

Very plush traditional hotel. Very clean with polite staff. 3 minutes walk to Times Square. Lovely rooms, although ours was pretty small with a view onto a brick wall! Mini bar, large plasma telly with DVD player, really good bathroom. No tea making facils in the room which was a bit of a shame, but they did have them in reception.
Overall a great hotel that I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Iroquois? Share your experiences!