“Great classy hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Iroquois

Save Saved
You added The Iroquois to your Saves list
The Iroquois
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49 W 44th St, btwn 5th & 6th Aves, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #24 of 446 hotels in New York City
West Linn, Oregon, United States
“Great classy hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Friendly staff, excellent bellmen. the location is very central for subways, theaters and good restaurants. Room was clean and quiet, little traffic noise, bed was fantastic. No real view except into the NY Bar Assoc library :-)
We would definitely return

Room Tip: Check what is happening in NY Rates can really vary
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IroquoisFrontDesk, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Iroquois, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to New York City! I’m pleased to hear that you took advantage of your great location and you found The Iroquois to be an overall great stay. Your Trip Advisor comments are pleasure to read and thank you for sharing with everyone. We look forward to having you back on your next trip to New York City.

1,547 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Turkish first
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

we found this place on booking.com and read the reviews. great location and staff. the front desk clerk allowed us to check in early which was a great advantage since we were tired from playing tourist all day. the room was large (by NY standards), clean and comfortable. I would stay here again. Actually, the room was positioned that we had an OK view but very quiet and.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to New York City! I’m very happy to hear our staff made your stay comforting and you were able to check in early. Walking around the city can be taxing and good rest is always needed. Your kind words are much appreciated, thank you once again and we look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you stay in New York City.

Weston, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

It's been awhile since I've been back to the Iroquois as I try to save money every time I go to NYC. I thought that I was going to have trouble getting a room the same day of travel but I was lucky and spoke to Patrick. He was so helpful and recognized my loyalty. He gave me a reasonable rate and a beautiful room. This stay was as good, if not better than my last. The room was clean and beautiful, the staff was great and the service was excellent. I would stay here every time I go to NYC. My favorite hotel by far!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Your commitment to us is a testament to our dedication for our guests. I’m very happy Patrick was able to assist you with your same day reservation! We are always working to raise our standards of service, amenities and décor. We look forward to your next stay with us and some great new features we’re about to undertake for an even greater enjoyment!

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Iroquois is in a great location for shows and shopping. The rooms are nice sized by New York standards, reasonably priced, clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We had a quiet room on an upper floor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to New York City! I’m pleased to hear that you took advantage of your great location and you found The Iroquois to be an overall great stay. We look forward to having you back on your next trip to New York City.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Thanks to all the friendly staff during our 3 day stay in the city. Bill, you are awesome! Comfortable rooms, great location, competitive pricing and friendly. Was here for a special birthday as well as a bit of business. Perfect for both!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to New York City! I’m very happy to hear Bill and the rest of our staff were able to make your birthday a special way, even while squeezing in some work time. Your kind words are much appreciated, thank you once again and we look forward to you coming back to us the next time you stay in New York City.

Branford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Mom and I went for a girls weekend to NYC as we do every year. This year we chose the Iroquois and were not disappointed! The room size was good for NYC. Location was ideal as we were close to Times Square, Rockefeller Center and the Theatre District. The concierge who helped us with our dinner recommendations even sent two glasses of prosecco with our dessert - we were very impressed! Would come back to stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
IroquoisFrontDesk, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Iroquois, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at The Iroquois New York! It's great to hear you and your mom enjoyed your girls’ weekend in the city and taking advantage of our central location seeing sites around town. Our concierge enjoys taking that extra step to personalize your stay and making it a memorable one and hopefully we will see you again on your next visit back to New York City!

Best Regards,

Gulfport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed here with my fiancé. We were impressed by the awesome location, you can walk to Times Square about a block. Very beautiful, nice and clean. The room was super quiet which I was surprised by considering the location at how quiet it was. Our view wasn't good but we weren't expecting a good view, our window faced a brick building. The staff is friendly and accommodating. Two things I do have to say that aren't the best, but wouldn't keep me from booking there again is that there was not inroom coffee and the robes weren't very soft. They are very nice robes, I even bought one, but I think at home I'll use fabric softener.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IroquoisFrontDesk, Assistant Front Office Manager at The Iroquois, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at The Iroquois New York! We’re very happy to hear you and you fiancé enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our central location being so close to it all but yet quiet enough for a great night’s sleep. I’m sorry you were disappointed regarding the coffee and the texture of the robe. I do hope you able to take advantage of our complimentary coffee station in the lobby and after a washing, your new robe should loosen up a bit. We hope you will join us again on your next trip back to New York City!

Best Regards,

Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to The Iroquois? Share your experiences!