“Quaint Hotel with soothing atmosphere and great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Iroquois New York

You added The Iroquois New York to your Saves list
The Iroquois New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49 W 44th St, btwn 5th & 6th Aves, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Anniversary Sale
Ranked #33 of 468 Hotels in New York City
New York
“Quaint Hotel with soothing atmosphere and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel was very clean, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. It is a quaint hotel with a soothing astmosphere. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and will stay there in future trips to NYC. The location of the hotel is great also.

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel is great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 151Barb
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
I would like to first off,thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel on Trip Advisor. And also thank you for your recommendation, I am glad to know you had a comfortable stay with us. We will look forward to welcoming you back!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

very clean and tidy,good location,room was quite spacious,
for new york. restaurants nearby, good night sleep,
staff very helpful and use of internet free. stayed here for
7 nights enjoyed would go back

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jcb145
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for taking your time and sharing your comments on trip advisor, it's great to hear feedback from our guest. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel comfortable throughout your stay. We would be delighted to welcome you back in the future.

UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

A small "boutique" hotel but without the truly boutique features. It's an adequate average hotel with small rooms and tiny bathrooms even for NY. Comfortable bed but noisy ac, no coffee maker or kettle and no curtains. Shower standard within bath. As I said. Not really boutique.

Service was fine and it was good to use the gym restroom and shower before leaving.

Guys on the entrance doors did everything other than hold the doors open. Idle chat to their mates seemed the order of the day. Go take a walk up to the Setai on 5th and see how it should be done is my suggestion to them .

Would I return ? Only if most other usual options in this price bracket were unavailable.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank YachtieUK
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
I would like to thank you for staying with us as well as providing us with your feedback, which is a great tool to better our service. I’m disappointed to hear that your stay did not exceed your expectation. We do offer a variety of room types that vary in size and layout. Our suites even offer curtains, as you mentioned your preference for curtains, rather than the blinds that our standard rooms are equipped with. If we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future please contact me directly to assist with your reservation.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Nice hotel with personable hotel staff. Molton Brown toiletries.
The rooms are small but normal for NYC. I stayed in the smallest room and it was fine for one night. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the street was fairly quiet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank shaziamc
Thank you for sharing your experience at The Iroquois on Trip Advisor. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel with our staff and the molton brown amenities. We hope to welcome you in again in the future!

manama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

the hotel is an OK hotel.. nothing fancy about it all, given the fact that it is a 4 stars establishment, but yet doesn't look like one, however, if you want a clean decent hotel with a perfect location, then this is it, I would say that the negative thing about it was the price, I don't think it was well worth the price.
on the other hand, if you want a taxi take the meter taxi, i was cheated the first day by the door man, who advised me to take a private car to a Russian restaurant that was only 5 minutes away driving from the hotel, and costed me USD 25, the door man added that the place i am going to was too far and the taxi may not know the place, pushing me to agree to the 25 dollars ride, which unfortunately i accepted, when i cam back i decided to take a meter taxi that costed me USD 8 with the tip ONLY.. beware.
the room i stayed in was a superior room, the room size was ok, good for 2 at least, the bathroom size was also fine, no complains, however the room furniture looked old, cheap but clean at least, the the negative thing about the room was lack of lights, I do not think it will hurt the management to put some lights in room (at some points it was irritating).
other than the above, my stay was smooth, problem free, and the staff were very good

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank MEtraveller11
Thank you for supplying us with your candid feedback, such reviews allow us to better our service and product based on our guests needs and preferences. I apologize for the situation with the taxi, while we do offer private car services for our guests it is a service that is usually used when taxi service is sparse and a guest is in a rush, per guest request, or for airport transportation. With the insight you have provided me I have been able to communicate with my staff in regards to this situation, however I again apologize that you had a negative experience. Hopefully we will have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the future. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed for two nights for business. Nothing the matter with the place. Staff friendly rooms clean and toiletries good. But rooms also tiny the lobby dark and small and there is little special about the hotel that merits the high rankings on this site. It's dine but not special in any way.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank ADL79
Thank you for sharing with the Trip Advisor Community. I’m pleased to hear that we had the pleasure of welcoming you to the Iroquois, although I’m disappointed to hear that you did not find your stay to be a special experience. As many of our guests find the Iroquois to be a home away from home we attempt to keep a tranquil environment to contrast the hustle and bustle of midtown and offer multiple room categories to suit each traveler’s individual needs. If we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future please contact me directly to handle your reservation.

Pittsford, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This Hotel has an excellent location right in the theater district. You can esentially walk to any Broadway Theater Production.
The Hotel itself is small and very clean. .The rooms are updated, well appointed and the bathrooms are very nice- done all in granite. The rooms are on the smalll side- but this is typical of New York city where a large room is either rare or very very expensive.
The Hotel is on the quiet side. We found this to be a positive but if you prefer an establishment that is buzzing, this may not be for you..
The French Restaurant at the Hotel was closed at the time of our visit. This was the one major disappointment of our visit. We had eaten in the restaurant seveal times befoe which is how we discovered the Hotel. When we made the reservation to stay at the hotel, we were not notified that the Triomphe Restaurant would be under renovation during our stay; we would have preferred to have known this in advance.
Since we booked by e mail, it would have been thoughtful if the Hotel would have let us know of this temporary disruption in advance.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on a higher floor away from the elevator. If the French Restaurant is open, th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your room as well as the hospitality of our staff. I do greatly apologize for the inconvenience we caused you with our restaurant being closed for renovation during your stay. But I am glad to say that both Triomphe restaurant and Lantern's keep are now open with newly renovated floors! We hope to welcome you in again in the future.