“Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Iroquois

You added The Iroquois to your Saves list
The Iroquois
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49 W 44th St, btwn 5th & 6th Aves, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3 nights receive 20%
Ranked #22 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Arvada, Colorado
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Everyone that works there was so friendly and available to assist. The hotel was perfect and we enjoyed our time in the city and having a great hotel experience was part of that. The door was always opened for us and the desk personnel assisted us with everything we needed. The Triomphe restaurant served us wonderful drinks (little pricey) but well worth it as we settled in for the night. The location was excellent (walking distance to Broadway, shopping, Times Square). The beds were awesome and comfortable and the rooms were clean.

Room Tip: The hotel is lovely, I am sure all the rooms are excellent
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for submitting your review on trip advisor. It's a pleasure to hear such kind feedback and I'm pleased that we could accommodate you, and I am glad to hear our staff were able to be of assistance during your stay.

Assistant Front Desk Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Nothing wrong with this hotel but I don't really know what makes this a 4* hotel with an almost $300 price tag other than its location. I have stayed at much nicer 3* hotels. The service is good and everything is adequate but if this is one of the best rated hotels in New York (currently 24/430 NYC hotels at tripadvisor.com) I'd hate to see what the lower ranked hotels are like. By the way, you get no in/out rights for your car using their valet parking which is $55 per day plus $10 extra for SUVs, something which is common in NYC, but people should know ahead of time, perhaps other hotels offer that???

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IroquoisFrontDesk, Manager at The Iroquois, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback with us. Please allow me to personally extend my apologies for the less than perfect experience that you had while staying with us, I was disappointed to learn that your recent visit did not exceed your expectations.
While we pride ourselves on our fantastic restaurant-Triomphe, our helpful staff, our location, as well as historic significance we strive to make every individual as comfortable as possible for their personal needs and it is a great disappointment that we did not take our opportunity to give you an impression of our hotel that so many of our guests have. While parking in New York City is limited, thus the high price tag, it is the responsibility of our staff to explain the details of our valet policy as well as other parking options in the area. Your review has provided me with the insight so we may better our training to prevent future guest dissatisfaction.
Please contact me when your travels bring you to New York again, as I would welcome the opportunity to personally handle your arrangements.

Kelli Phillips
Front Office Manager
Oban, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in March for our first visit to New York – our first visit to America, in fact – and we could have hardly chosen a better place. Very conveniently situated, with the shuttle bus from Newark Airport dropping us only a couple of blocks away, and Times Square very close. Warm welcome, and friendly, courteous service all through our stay. We asked for a quiet room towards the rear of the hotel and away from the elevators, and they were more than happy to oblige. Our room was very spacious and comfortable, with two queen-sized beds. Complimentary coffee available in the lobby all morning, replaced by warm honey-flavoured cider in the afternoon and evening – a great boon on cold March days in New York. Free wi-fi in our bedroom, plus two computers and a printer available for guests in the lobby. A great place to stay, and we fully intend to be back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
It is great to know that you were able to take advantage of our amenities to make your stay that much more enjoyable and comfortable. We try our best to accommodate our guest request as much as possible and it's a pleasure that we were able to fulfill that request. Thank you for such feedback, we look foward in welcoming you again!

Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My trip was a combination of business and pleasure, so I was looking for a hotel that was convenient for both. A friend of a friend recommended it and I'm glad I listened. It started a little rocky because we wanted two beds but only got one, but other than that it was perfect. Great service, clean, comfortable, and convenient to everything (or a train that would take me to everything). I don't get to NYC very often, but this is now my go-to place.

Room Tip: Corner rooms at the back have a nasty view, but are really quiet! If you have trouble sleeping in h...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate you sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor, though I am sorry to know that we weren't able to accomdate you with two beds. We do try our best to accommodate all of our guest requests so I am disappointed to hear that. But it's a pleasure to hear that we were all to make it up to you through providing our services to make your stay comfortable. Thank you for staying with us!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I recently spent a week in New York for our honeymoon and after much research I chose the Iroquois Hotel. What a wise decision it was! As mentioned in all other reviews the hotel is located 5 minutes from Times Square and Fifth Avenue making it ideal for any tourist.
Upon arriving we were given the keys to our 11th floor room by Vanessa who was very friendly and always eager to help. The room was just brilliant. Whilst not the largest hotel room, it was perfectly sized for our needs and we found the view to be perfect and just what we wanted.
As it was our honeymoon, the Hotel staff had provided chocolate covered strawberries, chocolates, a bottle of wine and a nice congratulations letter. We thought this was a really nice gesture and started our trip off on a very positive note.
Back to the room, The bed was super comfy and the bathroom was well laid out with a large amount of towels. The room doesn't come with a regular fridge as standard, it has a minibar style cooler which will charge you if you tamper with any of the contents however I believe a regular fridge can be provided if necessary. The rooms AC was a Godsend given how warm NY is this time of year. Walking back into the room after a scorching hot day was always a relief!
Even if we had the do not disturb on the door, we would recieve a complimentary call in the evening asking if we would like our room cleaned later on anyway which is rare nowadays and a welcome choice.

The hotel staff, from front desk to the cleaners were all very polite and always eager to please. I would especially like to thank the three doormen we had most contact with; John, Carlos and Rocky. They opened doors, helped with our luggage and would hail cabs whenever we left on a day trip.
The only negative I could mention was the hotel only having one elevator. It's a minor complaint but staying on the 11th floor often meant we were waiting a little while on an elevator that wasn't packed full. As I said, a minor fault for a beautiful, comfortable and highly recommended hotel which we will DEFINITELY be staying at next time we travel to the Big Apple! Book with confidence and enjoy your stay!

• Stayed July 2012
First and foremost I would like to congratulate on your honeymoon! Secondly, we would like to thank you for choosing us to celebrate your honeymoom with. We take pride in making sure when couples are spending a special time with us to provide them with the most comfortable stay. I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed our chocolate covered strawberries and wine. I am also flattered to hear that our overall staff were kind and able to provide you with the upmost positive experience. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back!

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had been searching for a hotel in New York for a long weekend in March, and one name kept coming up as available - The Iroquois. It seemed to be reasonably priced though well located, so perhaps there was a catch - well, we were pleased to find there wasn't.

Situated just minutes walk from 5th Avenue, Times Square and numerous must-see places, the hotel could be used as a business stopover as well as a tourist base. Service was friendly at all times, and the facilities were clean and well-maintained. The rooms are not the huge size that is associated with many US hotels, but this is due to the nature of the building and its location, and is more than made up for in the character.

The hotel restaurant is quite pricey, but there are so many good eateries within 3 blocks radius that you can always find somewhere to eat from breakfast to dinner.

Highly recommended and will be looking to stay again on our next trip to the Big Apple.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience, we are always thankful for such feedback from our guests. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and our location was of a convenience to you.I would like to apologize that the room sized you stayed in was not to your liking. But we do offer bigger accomdations through out the hotel that we would be a honor to offer to you and on your future stay.

Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed at The Iroquois New York over 4 days and must say I went away rather impressed. Although the hotel was a little dated, its charm had really to do with the building's long and illustrious history (I read somewhere even James Dean once stayed here).

The room I stayed in was small but comfortable. What should be emphasized though is the level of service, in particular Bill the bellboy and Vanessa at concierge. Their overarching help and enthusiasm made my stay at The Iroquois a lot more memorable.

The Iroquios Hotel is strategically located within a stone's throw from Times Square and Fifth Avenue - a real gem among the litany of hotels in Midtown - and most definitely warrants a return visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
It's a great pleasure when we hear that we go beyond our guest's expectations. We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us, I am glad to hear that Bill and Vanessa were able to make your stay memborable with their great service and help. They are an added value to our team. And you are correct about James Dean! he did live on the property for about 2 years, there is more information on our website here http://www.iroquoisny.com/About/History. It would be a great honor to welcome you back!

Assistant Front Desk Manager

Been to The Iroquois? Share your experiences!