“lost reservation” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Belleclaire

You added Hotel Belleclaire to your Saves list
Hotel Belleclaire
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   250 West 77th Street, New York City, NY 10024 (Manhattan)   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #208 of 457 Hotels in New York City
louisiana
“lost reservation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Before I could even stay at the Hotel Belleclaire I had a problem. I reserved two rooms for March 2015, way back in October. I called to see if I could possibly change the dates of my stay. At that moment I was told there were no reservations in my name! I had printed my confirmation information and actually faxed it over to the representative I was speaking by way of online chat. I was told that yes, I could change my dates and the price would remain the same , to expect a follow up email with new confirmation numbers. When I got the email, my room prices almost doubled!! I quickly called and cancelled those reservations and explained what had happened. That person told me she would speak to the management and someone would call me on Monday. No phone call as of yet!! I did check online for my reservations and found them so I was able to cancel my original reservation online. Thank God.. But I am VERY disappointed.... Guess I will be looking for a new hotel to stay while in NYC.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Greek first
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel is in an awesome location in the upper-west side of Manhattan - walking distance to most everything in mid-town and central park. It is historic - not fancy; the rooms are pretty basic, but clean with nice bed linens. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Be sure to book a room with a street view - I think they have some rooms that don't have widows. I would stay here again - the location is perfect.

Room Tip: I would ask for a higher floor - the hotel has rooms that face Broadway - a pretty noisy street.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Hotel Bellclaire is consistently clean, wonderful staff, great location. I stay here about 7 times a year. I almost was going to be selfish and not leave a review because the hotel is that great!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Palo Alto, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

With so many choices in NYC, how do you decide? I was in the city for a family event, with most people staying at NYLO. Hotel Belleclaire was about $50 cheaper, and it's not as if you spend a lot of time in your room so I opted for the Belleclaire.

We took public transit from the airport and emerged from the subway into snow flurries. By the time I'd walked the two blocks to the hotel, my hair was soaked and I could barely see. (California resident here, no snow in the forecast so not dressed appropriately.) Though I had a reservation, the guy at the front desk handed me a two-page form to complete and projected a lot of hostility. Maybe he didn't want wet people in his lobby, but even in NYC, I expect a bit more of a welcome.

The lobby is small but charming, and there's usually a hot water urn with a selection of teas and cocoa. A pleasant amenity, and we appreciated coming in from the cold and having something warm to drink.

The room itself was clean and adequately furnished. It faced an airshaft, but you're not going to get views in a 10-story hotel and I'd just as soon be away from the street. The ventilation system was creaky and the room seemed overheated no matter what we tried. The noise interfered with my sleep at first but by the third night, I was used to it.

We weren't in the room very much, but the toilet conked out on us several times. I have lo-flows at home, but they need plunging once every few years, not once a day. The shower controls were also wonky and because of the shower design, the floor always took a hit.

I see that the Belleclaire has some really low rates in January/February, so if you can get it for $150/night, you will not be disappointed. It's not worth more than double that amount. Our friends at NYLO across the street all loved the place, and apparently they often have last-minute deals that make it cheaper than the Belleclaire. Lesson learned.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

First trip to New York and what a fabulous experience. I must start with the staff. From the moment we walked in Elvis took care of us. He made the trip so remarkable, i wont be staying anywhere else on my now annual visits to New York. The staff was incredibly nice and welcomed us and made us feel like family. I honestly didn't know what to expect and now the bar is set so high i wont be chancing staying anywhere else. The location was perfect and gave us a safe and secure feeling. I applaud Hotel Belleclaire for setting such a high level of customer service for their guests, I cant wait to return to my new favorite hotel.

Room Tip: I cant imagine they have a bad room.
Kent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here last month for a week for a holiday. Room was very nice and presentable. The location of this hotel is outstanding - around 20 min walk to Times Square and 2 blocks away from Central Park - you have all the excitement of Manhattan within close access but it is quiet enough for you to get a good night's sleep every night.

Yes it is basic, but when you're in New York you will be out and about every single day and being very busy all you really need is a nice clean quiet place to sleep - and that's exactly what we got. Plus for the price you cannot complain.

It was a very special holiday and New York now has a very special place in my heart. I will definately visit again, and I would happily stay at Belleclaire again.

Room Tip: Get the deluxe room - the extra money is worth it!
Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have stayed at the Belleclaire several times over the the past year as well as other hotels in the same price range on the Upper West Side. I keep coming back to this one for several reasons: attractive lobby, comfortable beds with high end linens, floors in rooms not carpeted (feels cleaner with no carpet), easy walking distance to Central Park and the subway. Front desk staff is very friendly, although lines can form during peak check in hours. Gym small as in most similar hotels. It is easily accessible on the first floor (unlike some other hotels that have creepy basement gyms only accessible by an elevator from the lobby). The gym has two good treadmills and a decent elliptical trainer but could use a recumbent bike. New York Times and USA today both available for free in the lobby. Hallways are very narrow and the hallway carpeting could use an upgrade. Rooms are very small. Best for one person or a couple with minimal luggage. Location right off Broadway feels very safe and close to many good restaurants and shops. Nice to be far from the insanity of Times Square (30 minute walk) but still an easy walk to Lincoln Center (10 minute walk). The radiator was a bit loud but bed comfortable enough that I managed to sleep despite the noise. Free wifi is a nice touch.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are farthest from elevators and at end of hallways as you can hear people open and c...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Belleclaire? Share your experiences!