Stayed at The Hotel Belleclaire during a recent visit to NYC with my girlfriend. Prior to arriving at Belleclaire we spent two exciting but hectic nights in the Theatre District before moving our way up the island to this location.
We took the subway from 42nd Street to 72nd Street and walked a few blocks to the hotel. Being the naive NYC traveler from California I guess I thought everywhere in NYC was relatively busy, until we arrived in this part of town on the upper west side.
We walked to the hotel actually able to hear each others words on the sidewalk without screaming them, and even saw parents walking with their kids who were riding their bikes or scooters.
The two of us made it to the lobby of the hotel and were immediately greeted by staff. Check in was fast and easy and I was surprised to see little extras like water and what looked to be lemonade offered to travelers waiting around.
The elevators were quite cramped, which is a red flag to any wheelchair users, as well as the hotel rooms front doors.
The room itself was well put together and looked very clean as well as the bathroom & shower. Hardwood floor was throughout our room and looked to be well maintained.
Overall, I can say if I get the opportunity to visit NYC again soon, Hotel Belleclaire will be on the top of my list of hotels to possibly spend my trip at. If you enjoy small low key boutique hotels in quiet surroundings I'd recommend this spot.
Caution. There was a metal boarder around the edge of our bed that could possibly turn dangerous if you stub your toe or have anything unfortunate occur while not wearing shoes around it. Be careful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by an eclectic array of cultural offerings, Hotel Belleclaire combines classic charm with modern conveniences in a landmark building designed by Emery Roth in 1903. Suitable for business and leisure guests, our Upper West Side hotel is ideally located near iconic New York attractions including Beacon Theatre, The American Museum of Natural History, Central Park and Lincoln Center. Additionally, the avenues surrounding the hotel contain some of the most prominent boutiques, restaurants and bars in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Belleclaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belleclaire Hotel New York City
- Hotel Belleclaire New York