“My NYC Favorite” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Belleclaire

You added Hotel Belleclaire to your Saves list
Hotel Belleclaire
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   250 West 77th Street, New York City, NY 10024 (Manhattan)   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #207 of 457 Hotels in New York City
“My NYC Favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed at The Hotel Belleclaire during a recent visit to NYC with my girlfriend. Prior to arriving at Belleclaire we spent two exciting but hectic nights in the Theatre District before moving our way up the island to this location.

We took the subway from 42nd Street to 72nd Street and walked a few blocks to the hotel. Being the naive NYC traveler from California I guess I thought everywhere in NYC was relatively busy, until we arrived in this part of town on the upper west side.

We walked to the hotel actually able to hear each others words on the sidewalk without screaming them, and even saw parents walking with their kids who were riding their bikes or scooters.

The two of us made it to the lobby of the hotel and were immediately greeted by staff. Check in was fast and easy and I was surprised to see little extras like water and what looked to be lemonade offered to travelers waiting around.

The elevators were quite cramped, which is a red flag to any wheelchair users, as well as the hotel rooms front doors.

The room itself was well put together and looked very clean as well as the bathroom & shower. Hardwood floor was throughout our room and looked to be well maintained.

Overall, I can say if I get the opportunity to visit NYC again soon, Hotel Belleclaire will be on the top of my list of hotels to possibly spend my trip at. If you enjoy small low key boutique hotels in quiet surroundings I'd recommend this spot.

Caution. There was a metal boarder around the edge of our bed that could possibly turn dangerous if you stub your toe or have anything unfortunate occur while not wearing shoes around it. Be careful.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Anna N, Sales and Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Olusegun A,

Thank you for spending the time telling us about your experience at Hotel Belleclaire. We love hearing that you were able to take advantage of our prime location. I notice as well your mention about the safe and convenient location of our Hotel Belleclaire. Is true that it’s in a perfect location, just a stone throw away from Central Park and is situated in a friendly neighborhood on the Upper West Side, where there are lots of bars, shops and places; which is very appreciated by our guests. We appreciate your business and we certainly look forward to welcoming you again soon at Hotel Belleclaire.

Best Regards,

Anna Nejasmic
Sales and Marketing Coordinator
212-706-4479 / salesoffice@hotelbelleclaire.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Greek first
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Excellent stay with helpful and welcoming staff. Fantastic location close to excellent restaurants and subway. Sit in the lobby to relax, grocery store and pharmacy adjacent. Run by the Hudson, eat lunch at Central Park - all within 5 min of hotel! Very reasonable rates!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Susan M F,

Thank you for your excellent review! I am delightful to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your amazing remarks and recognition of their efforts. As you already kindly mention, Hotel Belleclaire is located on the Upper West Side, conveniently located a few blocks from Central Park, and the best museums in NY City. We look forward to welcoming you again soon at Hotel Belleclaire.

Warm Regards,

Anna Nejasmic
Sales and Marketing Coordinator
212-706-4479 / salesoffice@hotelbelleclaire.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

In addition to it's rooms, food and so on... I would like to mention this hotel for its kindness and awareness for how a service for guests should be like - which is not that common nowadays.

As an air-hostess we get to spend many days abroad visiting hotels and during one of my stays I shared a room with another flight attendant, in order to receive a refund from the flight company I was working in. Little did I know that the flight company have made a mistake with our reservation and asked for 2 separate rooms instead of 1 for the both of us.

A month later, after receiving this information I have contacted the company and requested to settle this issue. After facing a no-no from them and suggested to contact the hotel, I have contacted the hotel to try and get some information to help me in this investigation.

The staff there was more the wonderful, despite talking with the for over and hour (!) they kept being extremely helpful, patient and gave me information for my questions without making me feel like they are doing me a "favor".

I can not recommend their service enough for this manner, and I really hope more hotels I will come to visit will be as friendly and nice as they were.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My fiance and I stayed at Hotel Bellecalire for a weekend trip in NYC and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. It is quaint and full of character. The rooms are small, but not cramped. We stayed in a Deluxe Queen room and it worked perfectly for us. Spacious bathroom, great closet space and a very comfortable bed. We both slept great and never heard any street noise. The prices are reasonable and the location can't be beat! It's a short (5-8 minutes) walk to Central Park and the American Museum of Natural History, an easy walk (20-30 minutes) to 5th Avenue shopping, and a short cab ride ($10-$20) to LES and Chelsea. It is a quiet neighborhood with a lot of markets and restaurants. It is truly an upper west side gem! Would definitely recommend!

Cold Spring Harbor, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We loved this small, residential style hotel on the upper west side.

The neighborhood is welcoming and the staff was VERY helpful. It was a rainy evening and they took wonderful care of us with a lovely loaner umbrella and hailing a taxi for us to their side street.

The availability of food 24-hours from a local diner/restaurant was also a great treat.

We WILL be back!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the less noise from the street - true for ANY NYC hotel.
Bryn Mawr
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Great location, bus to east side is spitting distance at 79th, walk to Museum of Natural History, fabulous eating within a block. When I arrived with reservation in single, the room smelled terrible (possibly a cleaning solution). I told the front desk and, without even checking, they upgraded me and put me on a higher floor in an odorless and airy room. Cudos for the response.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

New York, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend getaway. The staff was very nice but there were a few glitches. First our reservation couldn't be found and then we were locked out of our room. Neither one a big deal just rather annoying.
The room was rather small with no place to really relax other than the bed but it was clean so we were happy with it. My biggest problem with the hotel was the air conditioner. It was a window unit that was loud and didn't work too well. Luckily, it wasn't very hot the nights we were there or else it would have been a major problem. Also, when the people upstairs turned on their air conditioner it dripped onto ours causing an annoying sound. Luckily for us again, they seemed to check in the morning we checked out so it wasn't a problem.
Overall, it was a good place. Clean rooms and a pleasant staff. If they could solve the these minor issues it would be real nice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Belleclaire? Share your experiences!