On arrival we were warmly greeted by the hotel staff and checked in without a hitch. The lobby is a nice communal area to sit & wait for your traveling companions or read the paper.
The rooms are on the small side but just what you need as a traveller - most of your time will be spent out seeing NYC!
The beds are comfortable & linen clean.
Shower had good pressure though the water could have been hotter.
We were facing Broadway so it was quite noisy & the windows don't shield a lot if the traffic. It didn't bother us too much but if you're a light sleeper it might affect you.
Rooms were cleaned daily and were to satisfaction.
Each room has a safe & hairdrier. TV is great; we didn't use any pay per view.
There is a media room with Macs and printers so that you can log in & print boarding passes etc.
there is also a gym if you're feeling energetic!
There are no restaurant facilities in this hotel. There is a coffee bar to buy breakfast items. When we booked the room we were promised complimentary coffee etc so when we saw this disappear after our first day we mentioned it to staff. They were very helpful & gave us kettles & cups which satisfied us. (There are no tea-making facilities in the rooms)
Nearby there are lots of places to eat & breakfast so id recommend that for breakfast.
The Subway is really close on W79 street. The 1, 2 or 3 lines will take you to Penn and Times Square or farther downtown.
Overall I was happy at the hotel. Yes the rooms were on the small side but were clean and comfortable. Staff were courteous & always happy to try & help.
Feel free to message me with any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by an eclectic array of cultural offerings, Hotel Belleclaire combines classic charm with modern conveniences in a landmark building designed by Emery Roth in 1903. Suitable for business and leisure guests, our Upper West Side hotel is ideally located near iconic New York attractions including Beacon Theatre, The American Museum of Natural History, Central Park and Lincoln Center. Additionally, the avenues surrounding the hotel contain some of the most prominent boutiques, restaurants and bars in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Belleclaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belleclaire Hotel New York City
- Hotel Belleclaire New York