“amazing romantic weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Night Hotel Times Square

You added Night Hotel Times Square to your Saves list
Night Hotel Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   157 West 47th Street, (between 6th & 7th Avenues), New York City, NY 10036 (Formerly Stay.) (Midtown)   |
Ranked #322 of 463 Hotels in New York City
ct
“amazing romantic weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

My friend organized a birthday get-away for my 40th and it was amazing. The concierge worked with him to plan everything down to the last detail. The he coordinated the roses in the room as well as included chocolate covered strawberries.
My friend hadn't thougth to make dinner arrangements for sat night - the concierge took care of everything - got us into an amazing restaurant - told them it was a birthday occasion, for which I was treated to special desert. It was fabulous. The room was great. All other aspects of the service were excellent.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
StayManager, General Manager at Night Hotel Times Square, responded to this review, February 2, 2010
Dear staceyt11, I am very happy that you enjoyed your birthday celebration at STAY. I will pass on your praise to our Concierge. He will be pleased to learn that you enjoyed his recommendations. I hope that you will keep STAY. in mind for next year’s celebration destination. With warm regards, Christopher Mallon, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
london
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

Seriously, all the reviews below tell you what you need to know.

The reception and bar is great. That's where it ends. Very clean and well presented, it's just that the primary reason of a hotel is normally to sleep, which it doesn't allow very well.

Air Conditioning is specific to your room, (great) however it's so loud you have to turn it off.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Hello hereandthere13, I am very disappointed to learn that the noise from the in room A/C unit did not allow for you to sleep soundly. I am truly very sorry that you were less than comfortable. I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future. Again, I apologize for the disturbance. Best regards, Christopher Mallon, General Manager
sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

I only stayed for one night, but this hotel is very nice, it has great location. Its sort of a funky hipp hotel, the lobby is very nice but dark! The room is kind of small, but the bed was amazing! Would deffinetly stay here again, no question.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Hello kejka, Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. I am very happy that you enjoyed your time in residence. We look forward to welcoming you back! Best wishes, Christopher Mallon, General Manager
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

Just wanted to throw a flag for the extremely small rooms. Even for NY, this was exceptionally small. The decor is nice, the cleanliness was average, the location is good if you want to be on Times Square...but the shock of the closet-sized room was enough to ruin it for me. Also, they have the tiniest elevators ever! So small and so slow...makes it annoying to go in and out.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Dear Loni224, I am disappointed that you found the hotel to be average. I hope that we have the opportunity to host your next visit to the big apple, so that we can provide you with a truly memorable experience. I look forward to welcoming you back. Best wishes, Christopher Mallon, General Manager
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

We spent the weekend at Stay on 47th Street (just off 7th Avenue) in Midtown. You simply can't beat the location. You can leave the hotel and be at a Broadway show in 10 minutes. That being said, our room, as other reviewers have said, was minuscule. Think cruise ship. There's about 18 inches of floor space on the 3 sides of the bed that are not against the wall. There is nowhere to elevate your bag and it won't fit in the 12 inch closet; so it has to be on the floor, which means you're stepping over it constantly. But that's fairly typical of New York rooms. Other than that, the towels were cheap and threadbare, and the drain in the shower couldn't keep pace with the shower; so I had to keep turning the shower off to avoid flooding the bathroom.

The nightclub noise didn't bother us on the 4th floor, but I have three additional gripes. First, the hotel is very under-elevatored. There are two elevators (I think there are 8 floors), and each one can hold a maximum of 4 people, or two people, each with a bag. If you are on a low floor, forget trying to get a down elevator. Every one that opens on your floor is already full from the higher floors. I recommend asking for the highest floor you can get; otherwise you'll never get out of the hotel. There are stairs, but if you have bags, you don't want to have to cart them too far up the stairs, and if you get a room on a floor low enough to use the stairs, the nightclub noise will bother you.

My second gripe is the ice procedure. You have to call the restaurant and they'll bring it up. I tried twice, both around 11 pm when we returned to our room. Both times, the ice didn't arrive till an hour later, at which point we had given up and gone to sleep (only to be awakened by the doorbell). The lack of ice machines is also fairly standard in NY hotels, but it bugs me.

And third -- the bellman is the same person as the doorman. This mean that if you want help with your bags, or if you're trying to put your bags in storage or get them out of storage, you have to wait for him to come back in the hotel. Yesterday he was out trying to flag taxis for several guests, so we waited about 20 minutes to get our bags out of storage. As a result, I missed my plane. My bad for cutting it that close, but 20 minutes is too long to wait, when all you need is for somebody to unlock the closet door so you can collect your stuff.

My recommendations if you're considering this hotel, which you should if location is important to you (I would stay here again, with reduced expectations provided I could pay what I paid this past weekend) --1. Priceline it. We paid $215 per night for Friday and Saturday through Priceline. I don't know what the regular rates are, but $215 is the right price for what you get. I wouldn't pay more than that to stay here. 2. Ask for a high floor if you ever want to catch a down elevator. 3. If you store your bags, allow a lot of time to get them back. 4. If you want ice, buy it yourself at a liquor store before you go up to your room.

• Stayed October 2009
Dear igettheheat, I am pleased that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience; I appreciate you taking the time to post your review. I apologize for the difficulties that you ran into. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to improve the efficiency and standards throughout the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back. Best regards, Christopher Mallon, General Manager
Liverpool
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

This hotel started off quite well......the location was great.....a stones throw from Times Square.....and I mean a normal throw not some pro baseballers throw!

I checked in fine and was shown to my room which was very small but I had expected that so wasn't too annoyed.

The first two nights were fine and then it all went wrong! Friday night being the start of the weekend I returned to the hotel to blasting club music in the lobby. Turns out they turn the bar and restaurant into a nightclub and crank the volume to the max.....great......if you want to party.......not so good if you are a jetlagged tourist who just wants to get some sleep in your hotel room.....above the bar!!!!!!! Oh yeah and the party goes thumping on til 4am.

That was my main problem with this hotel.....no warning when checking in that the place transforms and nothing that can be done about it once you are there.

Other than that there were a few niggles like the housekeeping didn't replenish anything that I had used like shower gel, toilet roll etc. Also for some reason my tv remote was replaced with another one that didn't work.....very odd.....and frankly annoying when noone will pick up the phone in reception for you to tell them you need something. I kid you not.....it rang and rang for about five minutes.....only for it to be put straight down......not good service especially for somewhere that is not cheap! It's these little things that if done right make you want to come back to a hotel. I would happily go back to Stay if they sorted the little things out.......and if I was on a rowdy weekend away with the lads!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

Our stay at this hotel was a perfect experience. The architecture and design of this hotel are one of a kind. I would recommend coming to see the Stay even if you are not going to be rooming there. The aspen social club is very unique as well and turns into a cool hangout on Friday and Saturday nights. The rooms were small but I've stayed in many hotels in New York city and this one was very well layed out. The bathroom was gigantic in comparison to other Manhattan hotels and featured an awesome two person shower. Overall my experience with the staff was awesome as well. When asked where a good restaurant was or which club was good on a Saturday night they always had the answer. Definitely stay here. Awesome awesome awesome!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Hello handbook4, I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience and found the staff to be superb. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I look forward to welcoming you back. Warm wishes, Christopher Mallon, General Manager

Been to Night Hotel Times Square? Share your experiences!