“brilliant location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Night Hotel Times Square

You added Night Hotel Times Square to your Saves list
Night Hotel Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   157 West 47th Street, (between 6th & 7th Avenues), New York City, NY 10036 (Formerly Stay.) (Midtown)   |
Ranked #322 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Sunderland
“brilliant location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

hotel stay was a clean modern and central hotel with all the sights of central square on your doorstep. my husband and I spent four nights here and enjoyed it very much. Rooms were small but very clean and beds were comfortable, staff was helpful and would stay here again if we returned.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
stayasstmanager, Assistant Manager at Night Hotel Times Square, responded to this review, April 11, 2009
Good evening Pipen2,

I'm so happy to hear you and your husband enjoyed your stay, from the helpful staff to the clean and comfortable rooms. We make every effort at Stay. to provide the best service possible, and I truly appreciate the positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

Love the decor location. for NYC, the room size is pretty good. When I'm in NYC I don't need a lot of amenities in my hotel as I'm there to change clothes and sleep, not listen to an ipod.
However, the service in the dining area is sort of crazy. Everyone was as nice as they could be, but breakfast was cracking us up. A business traveller or someone on a schedule would lose their mind. We ordered eggs and toast and a couple of sides. Got the eggs.and sides. Waited for toast. Asked again for toast. Ate eggs and sides before they got too cold. Asked again for toast. Waited some more. Had lots of coffee. Table was bussed, still no toast. Finally got toast and a fresh set of table ware. The place wasn't busy and our order wasn't complicated. I did notice that other diners seemed to be having the same problem. I can't say I ever had this kind of problem before. Eggs and toast together....what's hard?
Otherwise, Stay is great. It could be noisy for some from the late night activity in Aspen, but we weren't especially bothered.
The desk help is very pleasant and efficient. Walter is great!
I'd recommend Stay but only to people with a sense of humor and a dose of patience.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Good evening kabm41,

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, from the front desk staff and room size to the decor and amenities. We appreciate your feedback, and while I apologize about the restaurant experience, I hope that does not deter you from coming back to our hotel soon!
Carrikfergus N Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2009

Hotel was in an excellent location just of Times Square. Room was small but had everything that was needed. Maid service every day. Some days chocolate and next day weather forecast left in room. Fridge in bedroom. Our room was at the back and had a view of the wall and rubbish that had been thrown on to roof, but at least in was quiet at night. I think if you were at the front of the hotel it would be quiet noisy. Only used the bar once as it was very expensive $22 for one Gin and Tonic and a bottle of beer. Plenty of pubs nearby if you want a cheaper priced drink. Turn left when you leave hotel and the local cafe the Evergreen does an excellent breakfast. We got a good deal as we booked early but may be quite expensive. Staff all very helpful. You can even borrow umbrellas when it rains, but make sure you return it as it would cost you $25 if you dont. Would definitely stay here again if I was to return to New York.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
stayasstmanager, Assistant Manager at Night Hotel Times Square, responded to this review, March 26, 2009
Good evening molinda42,

Greetings from America! We are very thankful for your business as well as your review. I'm happy to hear you had a positive experience with a quiet room and friendly staff. I hope you made it back to Ireland safely and that you come back to visit us again in the near future!
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

We came in on Friday the 13th and was amazed at how close everything was to the hotel. We could not get into our room until 3 but, the staff recommended a great little resturant around the corner. We stayed in room 201 above the resturant but, I must say that we fell asleep rather fast after a busy day on the town. I don't remember it being "too loud" but, to each there own. I on the other hand expected it to be much louder since it is the city that never sleeps. Thank you are your great service, clean rooms and friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
stayasstmanager, Assistant Manager at Night Hotel Times Square, responded to this review, March 21, 2009
Good evening Funinthecity08,

On behalf of the hotel, I want to thank YOU for your patronage as well as your feedback. I'm from Virginia myself, and a positive review means a lot coming from someone who truly understands the meaning of "southern hospitality!" We are always happy to hear that guests enjoyed their time with us, and we hope to see you again in the future!
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

Just got back from a 2-night stay at Stay and would totally book a room here again the next time we're in NYC!

Pros:
To say this hotel is conveniently located would be an understatement. You're 1/2 block from the center of Times Square, 3 blocks from Radio City, and the area is packed with bars and restaurants. The bar/lounge in the hotel, the Aspen Social Club, is a funky lodge-themed space that packs people in on Friday and Saturday nights, so you can have a drink here before/after your evening plans. The hotel was spotless and decorated in a quirky, slick, modern style that we really enjoyed. They also have room service and a business center with free internet access on the computers, 2 amenities that don't usually exist in a boutique hotel. The staff were all super-friendly and attentive, saying hello whenever we walked by. The rooms were clean, nicely decorated and had all the basics, including a giant flat-screen TV mounted on the wall. (To comment on some other reviews here -- yes the rooms are small, but this is a BOUTIQUE hotel in TIMES SQUARE. If you want a larger room, then you should book a room at the Marriott or Hilton and pay more than double the cost of a room at Stay.) The bed was super-comfortable, I slept better than I do at home in my own bed!

Cons:
Not many. The AC was noisy in our room, and didn't work very well, so we just cracked our window open and were fine. Because of its closeness to Times Square, the lights of the electronic billboards shine in the rooms, but their window shades were really good at keeping the room really dark. The shower was hot enough, but Monday morning we were able to get the water REALLY hot... probably because many guests had checked out by then and not as many people were using up the hot water.

All in all, this is a great hotel -- convenient, fun, nice staff. We've already talked about staying there again when we're in the city again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Good evening swingchickie,

I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, from the location and decor to the amenities and staff's friendliness. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again! When you do come back, please let us know if you have issues like a noisy AC. We would be more than happy to have one of our engineers fix it for you, as we truly strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible!
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

The staff was very friendly from the concierge to the maid staff. The hotel was clean. Bed was comforable. Great location to everything. Other ratings mentioned noise from the club downstairs, i was on the 5th floor i had no problem with noise level and i'm a very light sleeper...They even held my bags after i check out so i could finish enjoying the city without having to lug them around with me...overall very satisfied with my stay

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
stayasstmanager, Assistant Manager at Night Hotel Times Square, responded to this review, March 20, 2009
Good evening traveljnky,

Thank you very much for your feedback! I'm glad you found the hotel staff accomodating and helpful, and that you found the room comfortable. Guest satisfaction is a top priority for us, and we are delighted to hear that we succeeded. I hope you come visit us again soon!
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

We booked a weekend for March 12 to 15th. It was our 14 year old's first time in New York. I bid on Priceline and got a good price. I called the hotel, and found though that this was only for one queen sized bed. The young lady I spoke with said that there was no problem and I could upgrade for $50 per night to get 2 doubles. This was great.

On our arrival, I found that Priceline had called the hotel, and told them I only needed one bed. The hotel reasonably enough changed it back to one queen. The unfortunate thing was that they were now sold out of rooms with two beds.

This was when I met a manager, I believe his name is Patrick (apologize if I've got it incorrect). I heard him on the telephone with Priceline, and he couldn't get an answer as to how this had happened. Obviously we were concerned.

Patrick couldn't seem to get satisfaction from Priceline, but quickly found a way to make it right. This made a tough situation quite good. We were very pleased.

Now, about the hotel. The location is about 30 paces to Broadway, Times Square, and all the shows. This is ideal for a tourist. Can't say enough.

I hadn't flown into Newark in the past, so the day before we attended, I called, and spoke to Walter, the concierge. Can't say enough good things about him. He advised us to take the Coach USA bus from the airport to the Bus Terminal, which is about a 10 minute walk to the hotel. This was $70 round trip for all three of us. Its a good saving, because a lot of the cars or shutles where tolls and tips are extra.

The hotel lobby is beautiful. It seems that several times a day they are cleaning it.

The rooms were well kept, and the beds were new I think, and very comfortable. The are small as others have written, but we weren't going to play football there anyway. The washroom was fine, and in the morning there was lots of hot water. The Bose radio, and large screen TV are nice touches.

There is a bar in the lobby, and I think my wife and I would have had a night cap there, but we were with the 14 year old on this trip, so that was not happening this time. Seemed nice enough though, and liked the music.

There is a restaurant, that seemed a little pricey to me.... $16 for coffee and pastry etc, but there is a deli next store, and a good but cheap restaurant only two doors beyond that. We like to go to different places to eat anyway.

Back to Walter, the concierge.... if you are there, take advantage of his knowledge, he'll send you to plays, and to great sights.

The whole staff treated us like we were special guests.

We will be back!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Good evening GaryGToronto,

Thank you very much for your feedback- I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff properly welcomed you! We make every effort to make all of our guests feel special and to accomodate them to the best of our ability. It truly gives us satisfaction hearing that guests feel at home while they stay with us.

It's too bad about the night cap, perhaps next time you can make a special trip with your wife!

Again, we really appreciate the comments, and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Been to Night Hotel Times Square? Share your experiences!