“Metro Hip Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Night Hotel Times Square

You added Night Hotel Times Square to your Saves list
Night Hotel Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   157 West 47th Street, (between 6th & 7th Avenues), New York City, NY 10036 (Formerly Stay.) (Midtown)   |
Ranked #322 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Dallas, Texas
“Metro Hip Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We were lucky to get a great package deal with a major online website and chose this place primarily for their location and price. It's located 1/2 block from Times Square, so you're in the middle of it all!We were pleasantly surprised with the ultra modern decor in the lobby and the staff were very very polite and helpful. Our room had a king bed and not much room for anything else in it. The window overlooked a/c units on lower floors, but this is typical in NYC. The bathroom was quite tiny but everything had a nice touch considering the size. The elevator holds about 3 people, so we opted for the stairs on several occasions so as not to wait. The bar decor was very cool and extremely popular with the locals that weekend. If you're like some of us--a hotel room is just to sleep and shower, and this was a great deal for the price but above all, the best of locations. The tour busses load at Times Square, the trains are a block away. Tons of restaurants and theatres within a short walking distance. After staying at this hotel, I made a point to check out the STAY hotel while visiting downtown LA as well. They're a clean, affordable hotel and very easy on the eyes. 2 Thumbs UP!

Room Tip: Look for this hotel listed in package deals on the major travel websites.
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
StayManager, General Manager at Night Hotel Times Square, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
Dear Dovhoz, We very much appreciate that you shared your photos and experience on TripAdvisor. We hope to welcome you back in the future. You noted in your comments that you had checked out STAY while in Los Angeles. I would like to point out that we are not affiliated with STAY in LA. Please contact us directly to take advantage of the benefits of our repeat guest program.
Best wishes,
Christopher Mallon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Such a lively atmosphere, staff were extremely friendly and helpful, very clean room, such an amazing location was minutes away from everything. Definitely made my first trip to new York memorable, would definite recommend and return here in the future.

• Stayed August 2011
We wish you had stayed longer Hva91! Please let us know when you would like to return and we will assist with the accommodation arrangements. In the interim you can check out the hotel on Facebook. There are tons of hotel options in NYC and we truly appreciate that you chose Stay. Best regards,
Canton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I was supposed to stay at the Roomate Grace Hotel, but when I got there I found out that they had some issue with pipes and had to close some rooms, so they sent me two blocks over to Stay.

Pros: Exceptional staff. Everyone was so nice, friendly and helpful. Room was very clean, had a flat screen TV and a Bose wave radio. It's on 47th between 6th and 7th, so was very convenient for Broadway shows and lots of good dining. Couldn't hear any street noise or traffic, halls were generally quiet except I think I might have been near an ice machine or something. The bed was very comfy, but pillows a little too flat for my liking. Concierge will arrange for Airlink shuttle to the airport for $20. Took 90 min. Cheaper than a cab which is $50 I'm told.

Cons: Poor lighting in the room and in the lobby. In my room I couldn't even see well enough to put my make-up on. The room was very small, but for one person, acceptable for a couple nights as a place to crash. Only one available outlet in the room worked and it was on the far side of the bed by the window. No room to setup an ironing board there. Plug in the bathroom didn't work either, so couldn't use the blow dryer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
DB, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are happy that overall you enjoyed your experience but do wish that you had not run into the glitches with the wall socket and lighting in your guest room during your stay. We would love to make it up to you on your next visit to NYC. Please contact me at cmallon@stayhotelny.com , so that I can assist with your accommodation arrangements for your next visit.
Tromso, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stayed for four days, and I can't come up with any gripes with the place whatsoever.

The room was large enough, contained all necessary facilities, bathroom large enough, safe in the bedroom, enough place to hang up my clothes, clean bed, clean linen, desk and chair in bedroom, everyone who worked at the hotel provided me with a comfortable experience. They guys in the reception area provided me with advice for my stay in the NY area, directions, ordered my friends a cab saturday night so they could return to their place at greenwhich village (Man , those cabs were hard to come by...or rather, get a hike with.) Silent quarters and large flatscreen TV, a modern clean comfortable experience.

Cleaning personnel were very helpful when asked for extra soap and shampoo by pen and post it note (provided by the hotel.) They did a clean and thorough job at my room every day.

Even from the moment when I arrived at the reception area to find I forgot to open my credit card for use in the USA, everything went smooth sailing from there on..it wasn't really a problem, I could pay later on that day

They even returned my lost and found 'harry potter' pencil by fed-ex when I asked for it....haha. Silly me.

Staff and support functions on email work fine and everything was good enough or better than expected

This place definitely deserve the 3+ or four star ranking, I opt for the latter....I have been living in London on a 3+ hotel where my room was the size of a credit card and the tube ran under my spring bed several times a night...I believe it was called the 'free massage' feature....but not so with this hotel. Thank goodness for that

I promised myself I'd mention names in my review but I have forgotten ...all I remember are smiling faces and helpful advice. Sorry about that :)

Thank You, Stay hotel, you made my first-time new york experience a very comfortable one :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
We look forward to your return Steinsopp!
Cheers,
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We've been to Stay on West 47th twice and will return because of the quality of the rooms,, moderate price and general convenience. At first glance, Stay is not especially promising. It's exterior is B-flat plain and its lobby is often dominated by loud music coming from the lobby level bar. But the reception staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are really exceptionally nice, if on the cozy side in size. On both our visits, which spanned into the weekend, we paid less than $200.00 a night, including all taxes, etc. for a double room.
TIP: Ask for a room on the back of the highest floor possible to completely avoid any of the music coming from the first floor bar (or not, if you enjoy the club scene environment).

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you BlueNWashington! We are thrilled you enjoyed your experience at Stay. Stay. connected with us on Facebook.
Best regards,
cmallon@stayhotelny.com
Venice, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

the hotel is clean, the rooms are in the middle of new york so small but comfortable, the view of the room facing the inside but to see the courtyards of the houses in New York is still an experience. the noise of the pub on the ground floor of which is mentioned in other reviews in effect does not exist! the staff is friendly, helpful and polite. when we return to New York without a doubt we will return to the hotel stay!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Thank you gid66! We look forward to your return.
Cheers,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I had a reservation and quaranteed my late arrival with a credit card. I noted in the reservation that my flight would land at 11:30pm (JFK). They called cell as I was disembarking the airplane to ask if I were coming to the hotel - I said yes, of course.

I arrive to be told that there is only one room left, and not the king I had reserved. Its midnight and I'm tired having flown from west coast for business. I'm now told I've been "upgraded" to room with two fullsize beds - what? I'm 6 feet tall (only) and yet my feet hang off the end of the bed with my head against the headboard. Not comfortable. Furniture so tight its almost impossible to sit at the desk. The bathroom is a different story. Lets just say your entire bathroom kit fits in sandwich bag or no room.

Last, the Aspen Social Club which adjoins the lobby and under my "upgraded" room (and many others) is hosting a private party wherein the DJ (a very unimaginative, and simply put, not very good DJ) was allowed to crank the volume well past their small lounge "loud music" threshold and put the music loudly in my room. Yep, cut right through the sleeping pill.

I called the front desk at 11 (wasn't upset) and was told an hour more...fine. 12:30am comes and it gets louder. I call back to the front desk - no hotel manager on duty (pretty common in the evening here) So, with no adult on deck to take care of business, its left to the bar manager to think about the hotel guests this magical Thursday night. Oh, not to be.

I am now told by the front desk at 12:45am that it will only be another 5 - 10 minutes as there are hardly any patrons left. Ok, cool. What?! - now the music gets even louder...until 2am.

I've stayed here before, put clients up here and recommended ad infinitum. Well , I truly regret those days are over. The management has lost customer quality control. I love music and hotels with DJ'd lounges, but I've never been to one that totally disregards its paying guests. Sad and not a great business model.

But hey, the front desk called me to say that for my inconvenience, they would comp my to little bottles of water that I drank in my room. I'm always ready to see the phenomenal customer service reach-out and Rocky-like comeback. This restores my faith and I am inevitably happy because of this great, we-care-about-our-guests effort. Hmmm, well two little bottles of water was their master stroke.

I'll not stay here again, and rather than recommend, I will instead actively refer friend and clients elsewhere. Shame really. And to all a good night.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear travwellfriend, I was disappointed to learn of your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience we caused you. New York City is the city that never sleeps, but we are committed to making sure our guests sleep soundly. I know that sincere words of regret and apology cannot make up for your disappointing visit. However, I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact me at ---- if you would like assistance with arranging a return stay.
Christopher Mallon

Been to Night Hotel Times Square? Share your experiences!