“Just what we needed!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Off Soho Suites

Save Saved
You added Off Soho Suites to your Saves list
Off Soho Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Rivington Street, New York City, NY 10002 (East Village)   |
Ranked #336 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Just what we needed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My sister, my son and I stayed here. We purposely moved hotels so we could be the other end of Manhattan and grouped our activities to suit. Everything was excellent, from check in to check out - when they arranged a town car to the airport. The housekeeping was more than we expected - but we did leave a tip each day with a thank you note :) Location was brilliant within walking distance to Chinatown, Little Italy and Greenwich Village. The suite gave us room to spread out. I used the laundry which was helpful. There is a Wholefoods just along the street which was great too. Rooms are a little tired, and could do with some attention as far as paintwork etc (looks like there had been some major patching) but it was clean and we thought the price was right!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

- The wifi signal was very unstable. Both my Android and iPhone 5 couldn't connect to the wifi. Connecting to my PC and Mac was slow.
- The hair dryer is the weakest I've ever seen. If you have long hair, it takes a long long time to dry your hair.
- No soft pillows. The pillows were way too high for me. I couldn't sleep well.
- There were two windows but no sun light.
- Not LGBT friendly.

The bottom line: With this price, you can find somewhere better.

Room Tip: Just don't stay with this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel was a great find. For the price I expected a shoebox sized room but they provided a very large 2 BR room suite with a big private bathroom and kitchen. The room was clean and the service superb! The fitness room is small but adequately supplied and the lobby was spacious with strong wifi signal. The hotel is a very easy walk to Little Italy and Chinatown, and 4 blocks or so from Grand subway station.

There were some relatively minor drawbacks. The decor is dated. The in room wifi signal was too weak to use. The neighborhood is a bit run down, and there's no insure parking (no surprise in NYC). But these minor things dont change the fact that this is a clean, safe, comfortable, spacious and well-run hotel that is an incredible value.

• Stayed June 2014
WEllington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I'm a travel agent who travelled to New York with a friend and struggled to find options that had two twin beds. I had read some earlier reviews and was a bit concerned but couldn't really fault the place. A bit dated (kitchen )but it really is a reasonably priced alternative to expensive New York hotels. We loved having the extra space of an apartment and the ability to come home (after pounding the streets for hours) and have something to eat before heading out.
It could be noisy at night with street cleaners etc as we faced onto the street from the bedroom but nothing too bad.
Friends had suggested staying lower Manhatten and I'm so glad we did. The location of Off Soho Suites was just perfect. You can't fault the Location with many good bars, shops and restaurants a short walk away. Whole Foods is just around the corner if you want to eat in.
Willie, Gabe and the other gentleman who worked their couldn't have been more friendly or helpful.
I will happily recommend it to my clients and friends

Room Tip: I booked a deluxe and didn't see their lower category apartments. We stayed in 603 which was gr...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is a bargain. A two room United with kitchen accomodates 4 adults. Decent comfort, good beds, ok kitchen and bath plus a pleasant lounge with wi-fi.
No extras but great value and super location if You like to stay in lower Manhattan.

• Stayed March 2014
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We were a group of four women who visited NYC for fun over 4 days. We very much enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The hotel is close to Chinatown and Little Italy and the walk to two of the subway stations was about 2 blocks. Noise level was good because the hotel is off the main thoroughfare. All three gentlemen who worked there were very helpful and cheerful when we asked any questions. They immediately came up to help us with the fold out bed and everyday, did a great job cleaning our room- our dishes were even washed. One of the ladies used the exercise room and needed the treadmill fixed- the gentleman immediately corrected the situation.
The suite had "character"- there was a window with a fire escape -overlooking a neat alleyway with a replica of the Statue of Liberty. The bathroom was good sized- had shelving which was great for 4 women. The kitchenette had a full size fridge and surprisingly a gas operated stove. There was a microwave to heat up leftovers.
If you are looking for a contemporary facny 5 star hotel, this is not the place. This is a htoel that is like a comfortable slightly worn easy chair- nothing fussy but very welcoming.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Lima, Peru
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

A group of us, from the international offices of our organization, were put in this hotel for a global meeting in NYC.

First off, their service was not initially very good in the reception. I was told to wait a few minutes to check in and the person at reception left me there for about 20 minutes. I had to go back and remind him I was waiting, and he just gave me the key and let me up. However, they were very nice about receiving my lost suitcase later that week.

The room I was put in (luckily) was one of the deluxe, it was a mini apartment, a room with a double bed, bathroom (with tub), kitchenette and sitting room. However, it was a bit dated, and fairly clean, but could have been better. The heating system was a bit old, and it turned on automatically (or so they said), and there were times that it got really cold, and I had no control over the thermostat.

I had trouble sleeping the 4 nights I was there, due to this constant noise of driers. One night there was a party in the room next to mine, and I could hear everything.
The location is pretty good, it is close to Chinatown, and it’s got a nice neighborhood a few blocks down; and there is a subway station about 1.5 blocks away.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Off Soho Suites? Share your experiences!