“You pay what you get” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Off Soho Suites

You added Off Soho Suites to your Saves list
Off Soho Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Rivington Street, New York City, NY 10002 (East Village)   |
Ranked #346 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Montreal, Canada
“You pay what you get”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The location of this hotel is good – it is easy in and out to LaGuardia & JFK Airports via the Williamsburg Bridge. There is a City bike station (shared bicycle system) in the Roosevelt Park across the street.
The room was spacious by New York standards. The room also has a full- sized kitchen which I did not use much because I was only staying for 2 nights. And the Wi-Fi in the room was unsteady. Overall the room looked somewhat worn to me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The location of this place is right in a hip neighborhood where you can find the who's who of the brands present (Gucci, Armani etc). You can find some great places to wine & dine within walking distances. The suites are average and have kitchen if you prefer saving on food cost..

Room Tip: remember to ask for a limousine taxi back to airport. @ $55 for us this was the cheap option for a g...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Lodz, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Hotel looks nice till you reach your room that seems to be leprechaun size. The twin room i had shared a bathroom with other room next door. Bathroom was ok - bigger than my room but lots of staff didn't work ( lamp, heardryer etc ).
Location is great but still this place is not worth its price.

• Stayed March 2013
Martinsville, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

First let me say that the staff are all very nice and helpful however I would not stay here again. The room was as expected. The kitchen was soooo outdated and the refrigerator was spray painted white even on the inside and was pealing. The dishes, utensils, microwave , toaster were spotless. If the kitchen area and bathrooms were modernized it would be a great place. The lobby was decorated beautiful but that was as far as the decorating went. My room had a smoker previously and I called the front desk and they tried to get the smell out by using a deodorizing spray but all it did was make it worse. Had to put the air conditioner on to try and get rid of the smell but it didnt work and was so cold that I had to sit in a chair for the entire evening with my coat on until I could leave when the sun came up. Everything smelled of smoke. I had a horrible reaction, huge headache and lost my voice few two days. I had to have my coat professionally cleaned and launder everything I took with me that I didn't even wear. Was told to park a few blocks away and I would receive hotel rate but when I picked up my car I was charged $50 and was told that was the hotel rate???? sounds a little fishy to me.

Room Tip: Ask if this is a smoke free location if you are sensitive to smoke.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This place looks really cute online but is a bit more scrappy in reality. The location is okay and its affordable considering New York's price levels. But the rooms are not super clean and the ceilings creak from the rooms above. The one bedroom suites are spacious enough however and I didn't mind sleeping in the quiet inner room on the futon sofa. It was actually pretty comfortable. My daughter had more trouble in the bedroom where street noise gave her a restless sleep. I would probably stay there again for the price value but its just average in my mind.

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time going to NYC. It was a trip several of my girlfriends and I took so we looked for a place we could pile up in and split the price. We wanted a place in a decent location that wouldn't break the bank.

Off Soho Suites is apartments turned to suites. Unless you were looking for it, you wouldn't even know it was there! It's in between other businesses but it's not an overly busy area. Easy access to lots of eateries, bars, and shopping areas.

The suite is very nice. Not too fancy but I never look for fancy. Spacious and clean for the most part. The glasses in the cabinets had some collected dust but that's about it.

Overall, it was a very great stay. I will visit NYC again and I'll stay there again!

• Stayed December 2012
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We got back to the UK this morning from a superb trip to New York, and it's a trip that was very much helped to be fantastic by Off Soho Suites on Rivington St - booked through Expedia it came to about £117 a night, which is as cheap as chips for New York. Yes, it's nothing flash, yes, it could be said to be very slightly shabby, but it's comfortable (really good bed and bed linen), it's quiet (well, room 206 is anyway, towards the back of the hotel), and it's incredibly well situated. We bought groceries from a couple of nearby places and cooked some of our meals in our kitchen (though you're in an area where great places to eat and drink are very thick on the ground), we had tea and coffee making facilities at any time of the day or night, and we also had pretty solid wifi, free. The guys on the front desk were very helpful, the laundry in the basement, while basic, was very handy, and they were more than accommodating about us having stuff delivered to the hotel (man, you can shop in NYC!). We'll be back to New York, hopefully later this year, and we'll definitely be back to Off Soho Suites.

Room Tip: Room 206 was on the quiet side of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Off Soho Suites? Share your experiences!