“Location, location, location...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Times Square

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Times Square to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Times Square
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   302 West 47th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #223 of 446 hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Location, location, location...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The location of this hotel was perfect! Travelling as a single female, I felt safe no matter what time of day or night. The price included a continental breakfast that was not extensive, but quite sufficient. The breakfast was held in the reception/lobby area and not conducive, but they’ve done their best. The staff was at all times attentive, charming and helpful. The hotel and rooms were spotlessly clean - always a very important factor. When in New York you don't spend much time in your room so it being very small was not an issue for me. The street noise levels were quite high. For those light sleepers I'd suggest earplugs. :-) I found the Econo Lodge Times Square a welcome haven after a hectic day's sightseeing and walking. Lovely! Thank you all. You are stars!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Lindi T, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Times Square, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Econo Lodge. Hope we will see you again!

628 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Plattsburgh, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here with my daughter and friends for two days of fun in Manhattan. I could not of picked a better spot. On one side Times Square and on the otherside 9th Ave with a wide range of great restaurants of varied price and cuisine, The staff was great and answered all of our many questions with a smile and enthusiasm. They let us leave our bags early and held our bags late to maximize our plans. The rooms were clean and the beds comortable. Will do it again on our next visit! Thanks again to the whole staff for the great experience and life long outstanding memories.:)

Room Tip: Get a corner room. Great people watching.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Lindi T, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Times Square, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Hello! Thank you for taking a moment of your time to write us this wonderful review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Econo Lodge Times Square. Its a great compliment for us to be a part of your NYC memories. Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Zanesville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed @ the EconoLodge September 25-28, 2012. Our room was on the 3rd floor. It was small, but very clean and quiet. The best part of this hotel was the front desk staff. We loved Trinita who was so friendly and helpful, but when she left for her own vacation, the replacement staff was equally eager to please! The location was convenient to the theatres and subway.This was our third stay at this hotel. We have stayed at larger more expensive NYC hotels, but will conitnue to stay at this EconoLodge on future trips!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lindi T, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Times Square, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We can't wait for your return either! We are glad the Econo Lodge Times Square is your hotel of choice while visiting New York City. Our friendly front desk staff is always eager to be of assistance. If you need help with any future reservations please do not hesitiate to contact me at lindi@econolodgetimessquare.com. See you soon!
Annandale, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Econo Lodge Time Square. This is our third time staying at
this hotel and we will be going back. The beds are great and location is great. Nice continental breakfast. Natasha and the other ladies at front desk was very kind and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
First and foremost, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing us as your preferred hotel while visiting NYC. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could assist you with all your needs.
For future reservation, please call me at 212-246-1991 or email me directly lindi@econolodgetimessquare.com.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I needed a room at the last minute during Labor Day weekend and almost everything was booked.
I called the Econolodge quite randomly, and the wonderful front desk person, Jocelyn, went to a lot of effort to hold a room for me.

I had a room on the second floor.
It was clean, had everything I needed, and I was well pleased.
The staff was very friendly, there was a little breakfast in the mornings, and coffee and tea.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our front desk Joselyn could accommodate and assist you with your needs. We are looking forward to seeing you soon. Thank you.
hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The room is tiny, the 'queen' size bed is a small double. They had an AC unit in the window and this prevented you from closing the window. SO noisy. I guess in the winter that wont be there so possibly a good location for the 'xmas shopping' kind of trip but not in the summer.

Staff are excellent, so helpful and the only good thing about the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Your candid comment is appreciated and I would like to offer my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I would like to personally discuss your recent stay, and hopefully you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith in us. I may be contacted at 212-246-1991, or lindi@econolodgetimessquare.com. In the meantime, we remain fully at your service and look forward to the chance of welcoming you back to the Econo Lodge Times Square Hotel.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel is so close to all that New York can offer, Time Square, The Top of the Rock, Empire State building. The hotel staff were superb, the room clean and breakfast just right to get you on your way for the day. As a traveller with mobility issues, I had booked an accessible room for my 9 day stay, I found the room comfortable, bathroom was fitted out with the correct rails and they even supplied a shower chair. I had booked a mobilty scooter and they arranged a recharge point close to my room, it really is a great hotel. I can't say enough about the staff, fantastic. I know when I get back to New York again, Econo Lodge Time Square is my preferred hotel. Also, bargin priced which helps the holiday dollars go further

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we would like to express our gratitude for the opportunity to serve and assist you while visiting NYC. We strive to provide and believe great customer service doesn’t cost extra. We hope and are looking forward to seeing you soon. Again, thank you for you kind words.

Been to Econo Lodge Times Square? Share your experiences!