“Efficient. Could have better acoustic isolation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pod 51 Hotel

You added Pod 51 Hotel to your Saves list
Pod 51 Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   230 East 51st Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Special Offer
POD Free Walking Tours
Ranked #224 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Porto Alegre, RS
“Efficient. Could have better acoustic isolation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Nice place with affordable prices and ok service. It was better than my expectations. Nevertheless, it could have a better acoustic isolation among rooms. It also have a nice bar at lobby level. You can watch nfl and have a draft beer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Halifax Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed 3 nights in a Queen bed pod. Yes it is tight especially the bathroom/shower but it was clean and comfortable.

Staff was friendly and we took advantage of both the complimenty drink next door and the walking tour.

5 ave, time square, Grand Central station all within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were very happy with our choice of The Pod. We new in advance the room and especially the bathroom would be small, so we didn't mind. Most of the clientele were young or European visitors. A perfectly convenient location. Especially liked the bike rental on the next corner.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed here with my daughter for five nights. The room was small, as we expected, but really good value and all the staff were pleasant and helpful. The main attraction was the location, we visited many of the sights on foot or by subway.

• Stayed December 2014
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I spent one night at the Pod hotel with a friend and the following day i decided to leave my suitcases at the reception. We went around the city and bought some stuff and when we came back with our tickets they told us that our bags were not there...

They invited us to stay one more night while they tried to arrange everything. The bags were stolen by a guy from AirLINK travel, their shuttle company that goes from Pod to the airport. On the video footage from the hotel we can see how he takes the bags and leaves.

With this footage my friend and I thought that they were going to get our bags or at least pay us back. Its been 4 months and I just received my first third of what they said they were going to pay. The suttle company doesnt answer my emails.

Whats more, while we were staying that extra night at the place , (obviously without paying because our money was in the suitcases)m, the staff treated us like dogs because we were not paying. Even one receptionist laughed at our situation...

Ive never had such a horrible experience before, and Im happy to spread the word about this awful service

P.s: the breakfast is terrible

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed in a single room with shared bathroom for only one night. It was small but cozy, and the staff was welcoming. It was a bit noisy, as the corridors are quite narrow, but I didn't have any trouble falling asleep.

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
boston, ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband & I stayed here for a weekend & had an enjoyable visit. I had little interaction with staff, but those I did talk with were friendly. We had a queen room which was clean, comfortable & small; the bathroom was perfectly functional & very clean but again small. Small meaning that I couldn't even stretch out my arms, & my husband had to dry off after his shower in the bedroom, but it fulfilled its purpose. The bed was comfortable - I like a hard bed. the door to the bathroom is right by the head of the bed & the toilet is right inside the door so you should have some level of comfort with whomever you're staying with to avoid any awkwardness. The walls seem to be thin with little soundproofing so there's some noise from the corridor & surrounding rooms. The location is very good, (between 2nd & 3rd) it's close to the subway, many attractions are walkable & there are some fun restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Pick your type of room carefully. Some are bunks/singles with shared bathrooms.