“Small but great room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pod 51 Hotel

You added Pod 51 Hotel to your Saves list
Pod 51 Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   230 East 51st Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Special Offer
POD Free Walking Tours
Ranked #225 of 459 Hotels in New York City
“Small but great room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Pod 51 has a great location and we had a great view from our room on the tenth floor. Our room was located at the back of the building, where we were not bothered by any street noise.

We stayed in a queen pod, which was bigger than expected. We had enough room for our (large) suitcases and plenty of storage space. The bathroom was tiny, but again, big enough for us and very efficiently furnished. Overall, the room had a modern and clean feel.

The only negative points for us were the poor wifi signal in our corner room and the lack of available elevators.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The hotel is very cute and clean. The hotel rooms are exactly shown how they are in the pictures (except for the room size). The size of the room didn't bother me even though I was with two other girls in the bunk bed room.

I think there were 4 bathrooms with showers that were shared with other guests on every floor. At first I thought that it was going to be a problem, but there was never a time where I had needed to wait. In your room there's a small light that shows who's in each bathroom, which was very convenient.

I also liked how the hotel offered free tours around the city (each day was a different place). I went on the Greenwich village/ High Line Park/ Washington Square tour. These tours also give you opportunities to talk with other guests in the hotels.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Great service; had a room with bathroom down the hall which was not as inconvienient as one might think. Only downside is that the wireless signal in the room (7th floor) was very weak and kept disconnecting; in this day and age simply not on. Great roof top garden.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Ventura, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The small size of the room is only a problem if you need space by the sink, which had about as much counter top as the bathroom of an airplane. Tip: Just a little down the street, next to the synagogue, is a pocket park with a waterfall. Open to the public, it is a peaceful, green spot to read or bring take-out food.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Excellent Value - I always request a double with a private bath. Think of it as a cabin on a cruise ship and you'll get the picture of the size of the rooms. Clean and neat. My fave, midtown location close to the subway and lots of restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: I ask for a high floor to stay above the traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DC Metro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My friend and I stayed in one of the rooms with bunk beds. It was small but clean. There was a sink in the room to brush your teeth and wash your hands so you didn't have to go and use the shared bathrooms.

There is also lights over your room door that tells you which shared bathroom is vacant on your floor(4 of them). When someone locks the door to one of the bathrooms, a red light turns on inside your room so you know it's occupied and which one it is.

There are many bars and restaurants with a few blocks as well.

Overall, the price is great for the location and cleanliness. The only negative is that there isn't an exhaust fan inside the bathrooms. It can get stuffy in there.

Would stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I thought I had a great trip at a great hotel. Good budget option. Seemed very clean. Great location. Unfortunately on the train home from New York I noticed some bites on my arm. Through the next couple days the developed into lots of red itchy bumps consistent with bed bugs. Two and three bites in one area that spread into one red area. I am absolutely covered in these. My husband who did not go to NY with me does not have a bite. So far no signs of bringing them home with me (thank god) but it can take up to 2 weeks for them reproduce and mature enough to start feeding. I called the hotel and no one ever called me back about this. This has been such a stressful situation and I would advise everyone to never stay at this hotel.

Stayed July 2014

Been to Pod 51 Hotel? Share your experiences!