“I loved the hotel!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1568 Broadway, 47th Street, New York City, NY 10036-8201 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Times Square Spring Sale!
Ranked #117 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“I loved the hotel!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2005

When we first arrived, we were greated by a friendly doorman and rececptionist at the lobby area. In no time at all we were in our suite relaxing. I loved it and would defiently go back again. Another good side was the restraunts and defiently the location.

• Stayed June 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,062)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
south carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2005

Our first vistit to NYC, was great. Saw "The Lion King". It was a really great show. This hotel is spacious. Very clean and friendly staff. Elevators were quick. Security is good on the first floor. You must show your key even to enter the building. Concierge was a little stuck-up. Breakfast buffet is over-priced@17.50. Order a-la-carte. Got a rate of 249 a night, but cost 299 after taxes and fees. Beware of taxi drivers in unmarked Lincoln town cars. Got ripped off one time. Paid $40 for a fare from Penn staion that should have only cost $7. Doubletree is in a great location. Nearby restaurants include, McDonalds, Bubba Gump Shirmp, TGI Fridays, Appleby's. I'm already making plans to stay here again next year. All in all, it was a great trip. Street vendors are willing to bargin. Got a yankees baseball cap for $5. McDonalds value meals are $5. Planet Hollywood was a little pricey. Toys are us is a must see if you have children. Took the Grayline tour. It was well worth the money. Get there early to see Empire state building or statue of Liberty. Experienced very little wait time for Empire, but the wait for Statue of liberty was almost an hour. Watch your back. There are a lot of people in NYC. But it was well worth it. LOVED the Doubletree!!!

• Stayed June 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2005

This is a great location and all rooms above floor 15 have been renovated. They are working down to the bottm so it will all be renovated soon..Just ask to make sure you get one of those. Beds are heavenly with down comforters and 5 pillows/bed(2 are down 2 are reg and 1 extra) Spacious bedroom area as well as sitting area. 2 Large TVS microwave, coffe maker, fridge. Large well lit bathroom. Very quiet altho heart of Times Square. Staff very helpful. You receive warm chocolate chip cookies upon arrival. We had to store our bags and laptop for a few hours til we could check in around 1(which is still early) Security excellent. Storage room where luggage is very secure. Must show room key or ID for access above Lobby. This eliminates gawkers who come in and tie up the elevators like they do at the Marriot Marquee across the street. Longest wait for an elevator was 30 sec and the hotel was sold out. Went to have cocktails at the Marriott and waited 10 minutes. Concierge very helpful as well. We did not dine there so can't comment. There is a 3 story McDonald's restaurant right next door(if you have picky kids) Prices are same as everywhere else there. Many dining choices nearby. Subway right out the front door too. We would definitely stay here again. We paid $349/nt(with tax it was really around $400/nt) The convenience and comfort was well worth it!

Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2005

We stayed for four nights recently and we definitely loved the location as first timers to NYC. We took in a lot of Broadway shows so it was perfect.
The hotel has just recently undergone room renovations so all the furniture is brand new (although the desk in our room had a cigarette burn in it -- and we were apparently in a non-smoking room). Our bed was very comfy and the fridge was great for drinks and snacks. We checked in at 11 p.m. and went up to our room and I wasn't impressed as it looked nothing like the pics on the internet. As we soon figured out, we were in a handicapped room and thus that was the reason for the huge oversized bathroom which ate up a third of our total space. The bedroom was okay sized but the living room was very small and were unable to get around when the hide-a-bed was pulled out. I didn't feel like contacting the front desk and requesting a new room that late and in the morning we were anxious to get going so I let it slide. On our last day I chatted with the housekeeping staff and she showed me some of the other rooms and man, did I feel burned. Definitely let them know that you do not want a handicapped room, unless of course you require it, as the other rooms have much more space and almost had an apartment feel, whereas our room felt like a cramped hotel room. In retrospect, I should have requested a new room upon arrival. On the upside, we were facing Times Square which was great -- but really how much time do you want to spend looking out at the neon lights?
I found all front desk staff to be not the least bit friendly, especially upon checkout when I advised that we had not touched the minibar and charges had shown up on our bill. She did reverse them but not without a sigh.
On the second day everything in our fridge froze as there is no way to adjust it and it took a second phone call that night to get someone up to fix it. I had also requested an extra blanket and that took a day. Also, the cookies that I had heard so much about were not available the first two nights but on the third night we did receive them and they are absolutely divine! The concierge was not in the best of moods when I went down to buy bus tour tickets but then again, the obnoxious woman in front of me had made the concierge photocopy about 20 maps with not even a thank you. She was very nice the next night when I inquired about movie theatres and gave me a print-out of the area theatres.
We did eat in the restaurant one night and it was fabulous, although there was only one other table besides us there. Being as the hotel is so secure, I don't know if only guests of the hotel can eat there, but I would recommend it for a dinner before a show. Our waiter was great and very attentive without being overwhelming.
All in all, this would be a great hotel to stay at with kids or if you just want the extra space and want to be in the centre of it all, but make sure you don't get stuck in a small room like we did! If I was travelling just two people I would stay at the W or somewhere else in the area but since we really wanted the separate bedroom this hotel fit the bill. The price is not cheap, we paid $349 a night, and while it suited our needs I don't think I'll stay there again as for that money you can get a much more deluxe room in the same area.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2005

Our first visit to NYC and the location alone of this hotel is fantastic. Add to that the ground floor security, the friendly staff, the cleanliness and a corner suite and it makes this hotel very difficult to beat!!! (Almost forgot, they throw in fabulous cookies too).

Chattanooga, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2005

This is the second time we have stayed here in the last 9 months. Still the best hotel in the area...maybe in all NYC when you consider the value. You are getting a two room suite with frig. microwave,wet bar, 2 TV's, etc. Compare that to the trypical NY one room venues. Got a great room on the 41 st floor over looking 7th ave, Rock Center and even Central Park. To me...that was worth the price of the room. House keeping was excellent...sparkling clean each day. Jimmy at the curb unloaded our car upon arrival without a hitch and took care of us when we left to the point of stopping traffic on 7th ave so that I could safely pull out into traffic. Security...a must in Times Square....is professional and without flaw at both of our stays. We will be back in NYC and honestly I will not even reserach another hotel. I have been to a lot of hotels in my time and considering all things...this is STILL THE BEST. If you are looking for a over priced hotel with a bunch of snobs as guest and staff then don't come here.....please. This is a down to earth good value at a top of the line Hotel.

Wilkes-Barre, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2005

This is my favorite New York hotel. The only drawback is if you drive in there isn't parking at the hotel it's about a half-block away. But that's a five minute mini-problem.

The first thing I love is the security area on the ground floor. You tell the security guard your name and he checks to see if you have a reservation. If you do (or already have a key) you go up to the lobby on the third floor. The view from the lobby through the ceiling is cool. You can look up at the large televsion while you check in. And those Doubletree cookies alone are enough for me to look for Doubletree hotels while travelling.

Although, I stayed alone, I could see where families would like this hotel, as the rooms are more spacious than anywhere else I've ever stayed in Manhattan. I had a living room with a comfortable couch. In the bedroom a comfortable bed that I didn't want to get out of.The view I get may disappoint others, but I had a Peeping Tom's delight I was could look in at the office building across the way.

Also you can't hear a peep from the street and you're at the busiest intersection in the world. I was on the 20th floor and couldn't hear anything. Try that at some other Manhattan hotels.

The area is very hectic and there is something for everyone nearby. Two doors down is the Times Square McDonald's. Every tourist to New York should go there once for the people watching alone. And the prices have come down in the last couple of years. A few years back an extra value meal cost around $7 now it was just over $5.

If you are coming with small kids, I'd make sure to lock up the honor bar because a can of Coke at 3.50 may be out of some families' budgets.

The breakfast buffet, while it may appear expensive to an out-of-towner, is a bargain for New York. It has a great variety of meats, pancakes, fruits, and cereals.

I am actually impressed with the size of the fitness room. Most hotels that have complimentary fitness rooms only have maybe 2 or 3 pieces of cardio equipment. There must have been at least a dozen cardio machines and even some free weights. And it's in a great location to overlook the lounge.

If this is your first time to New York, you're coming with a family, and want to be in the center of midtown, this is the place that I would recommend.

• Stayed March 2005

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square

Address: 1568 Broadway, 47th Street, New York City, NY 10036-8201
#59 Business Hotel in New York City
#85 Luxury Hotel in New York City
#91 Romantic Hotel in New York City
#93 Family Hotel in New York City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:4 star — DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square 4*
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Times Square is the only all-suite hotel located on Broadway in the heart of Times Square excitement. Located at 1568 Broadway (47th Street & 7th Avenue), the hotel recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, New York City’s world-famous restaurants, shopping, museums and sightseeing. A TKTS booth, offering discount theater tickets, is directly across from the hotel. Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, The Museum of Modern Art, Fifth Avenue shopping, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Carnegie Hall and Central Park are all within walking distance. The hotel is just 15 blocks from Jacob Javits Convention Center, Penn Station/Madison Square Garden, Port Authority Bus Terminal and convenient to Grand Central Terminal and all (3) area airports.All of the hotel’s 460 two-room suites feature living room with sofa bed plus private bedroom and bathroom, Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree Sleep Experience bedding and modern amenities including two flat-screen televisions, wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, MP3 connectivity and large work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include newly renovated lobby with new check-in area, new Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, brand new Ad Lib lobby lounge, brand new Gingers Restaurant, morning Coffee Kiosk, room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary 24-hour business center. The hotel has 10,000 square feet of modern event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree New York City
Doubletree Times Square
Suites New York City
New York Suites
Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square Nyc
Doubletree Hotel Times Square
Doubletree Hotel New York City

If you own or manage DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.