After a horrible Super Shuttle ride from JFK that took nearly four hours in average traffic (partly due to the driver's attempt to deliver us to a different Double Tree) my sister and I were grateful to be welcomed by the Doubletree's very friendly doormen and efficient front desk staff. I had stayed at this Time Square Doubletree with my husband and son a few years ago and thouroughly enjoyed the convenience and excitement of the location.
This being my sister's first visit to New York City, I thought that it would be an ideal hotel for seeing the City highlights, and we paid the extra for a view of Times Square. After checking our bags with the bellman, we headed down the street to find a Wednesday matinee offering rush tickets. Thanks to the Doubletree's excellent location in the Theater District, we secured tickets to "Matilda" within minutes, and had time to scout out additional shows within a few blocks.
Upon return to the Doubletree, we met Daniel who gave us our keys and then took the time to talk about all that New York has to offer. He suggested ways to maximize our enjoyment of the Big City, provided instructions on how to get to the pier for our upcoming cruise, and gave advice about the best shows to see. It was all good information, and talking with Daniel was a treat. Plus, we got warm chocolate chip cookies. How could we not love the Doubletree Times Square?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Times Square is the only all-suite hotel located on Broadway in the heart of Times Square excitement. Located at 1568 Broadway (47th Street & 7th Avenue), the hotel recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, New York City’s world-famous restaurants, shopping, museums and sightseeing. A TKTS booth, offering discount theater tickets, is directly across from the hotel. Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, The Museum of Modern Art, Fifth Avenue shopping, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Carnegie Hall and Central Park are all within walking distance. The hotel is just 15 blocks from Jacob Javits Convention Center, Penn Station/Madison Square Garden, Port Authority Bus Terminal and convenient to Grand Central Terminal and all (3) area airports.All of the hotel’s 460 two-room suites feature living room with sofa bed plus private bedroom and bathroom, Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree Sleep Experience bedding and modern amenities including two flat-screen televisions, wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, MP3 connectivity and large work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include newly renovated lobby with new check-in area, new Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, brand new Ad Lib lobby lounge, brand new Gingers Restaurant, morning Coffee Kiosk, room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary 24-hour business center. The hotel has 10,000 square feet of modern event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- Doubletree Times Square
- Suites New York City
- New York Suites
- Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square Nyc
- Doubletree Hotel Times Square
- Doubletree Hotel New York City