“Excellent location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1568 Broadway, 47th Street, New York City, NY 10036-8201 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 15% off Rooms!
Ranked #110 of 449 hotels in New York City
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The hotel is right in the thick of the action, right at Times Square. When I looked out my window, I was overlooking Times Square and the TKTS booth, where you can get discount tickets for the theater. The room was huge, there was a nice couch and two large flat screen tvs in the suite. Very nice!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
bchoidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear LoriS22,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear your positive feedback. We always strive to exceed our guest expectations, and your satisfaction is important to us.

4,407 people have reviewed this hotel

1993
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (809)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed at the Doubletree when I visited New York. It is right in the heart of Times Square, which I thought would be fun. Not. This guy on the street outside commented to me about the Yankees when seeing I was wearing a Yankees hat. I just gave him a polite smile, but then he went into some crazy fit shouting about his disappointment in Cano and other players and then charged at me to grab my arm or something. There was no one around the front of the building no bell boys or doormen. I went into the hotel and went up to a worker to tell them about what just happened and they said, Well, this is New York. What?! Maybe I was too calm and they didn't take me seriously. They really don't seem to care about security at this hotel. Before this happened, I saw somebody who either really needed a shower or was a homeless person wandering around the halls. i was freaked out and upset with the hotel the rest of the stay and couldn't enjoy myself. Too close to all the crowd of Times Square, stay somewhere else set back a little, like the W. that place looked nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
bchoidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear 673JaniceS,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are very sorry to hear about your experience, and all comments we received from our guests are taken very seriously. The issues you mentioned have been discussed with our security team as the safety of our guest is our first priority. Moreover, we are currently checking guest room keys for 24hrs so that only registered guests are allowed to enter the building. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to make your stay the best it can be.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was a girl trip(sisters and nieces), this hotel has a great location, the room was clean and roomy. Upon our arrival they provided cookies that were warm and delicious. The hotel is steps away from the discount Broadway Plays ticket line. Starbucks coffee in lobby. The exercise room could use more equipment.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear your positive feedback. We always strive to provide a 5 star service to all of our guests, and your satisfaction is important to us.

warwick
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Ok soooo let me start by saying I'm not a hard person to please. However! For $575 of my hard earned money PER NIGHT you could at least make me happy ! Upon arriving there was only one person working the front desk, this should have sent up a flare regarding customer service, but I thought " ah, it happens" ...checked in ... Up to room .... Room clean , very plain decor nothing "special" at all ! For a Hilton Suite, I expected some taste in decor! Must all be at Paris' house! Bathroom had at least 6 longggg hairs stuck to the fabric shower curtain that didnt belong to my husband or I ! ..... Ordered room service .... Food was mediocre at best and extremely overpriced !!!! Ummmm Nine, yes I said NINE DOLLARS FOR A 16 ounce bottle of Nestle water ! And FIVE dollars for a can of Coke really ?? Ok I know I'm in NYC I'm no stranger to it, and the high cost of everything however this was a ridiculous, inexcusable , unjustifiable markup.... If I knew I was going to be charged nine bucks because someone took the elevator to my room , I would have taken the elevator to the street and bought it there where the same water was being sold for TWO BUCKS !!! ....out .... Sight seeing....ferry ride .... Back..(midnight).. Called front desk to ask if I could possibly get a cup of hot tea and a cold water and was told " nope sorry" nope? Ok is there a place that delivers ?? Please hold , 5 minutes later Mr. Nope ($575 cant even get an "I'm sorry Miss )came back with the name of a diner.... Renaissance Diner , AWESOME , QUICK GREAT PRICES !! ..........bed.... Morning .... Called for a luggage cart twice the bellman hung up on me with a tone and if that wasnt aggravating enough TWICE HE LEFT MY CART UNATTENDED FOR MORE THAN JUST A MOMENT ... Yes that's right the cart that carried my camera bag with expensive lenses inside , my iPad , my clothing , and everything else I owned for anyone walking by to help themselves to !!! The unfriendly, rude, could also have care less that she works for HILTON SUITES , the ones that charge an arm , leg , pinky finger and oh yes that $575 (at a discount i might add ! ) per night room charge acted like she was doing us a favor by checking us out until I had mentioned that I was going to leave this review and then she woke up and decided I was worth her time by then it was much too late for that! As the title says the view was spectacular and the only thing worth this stay !!! Stay elsewhere

• Stayed May 2013
bchoidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear lisa t,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize that you encountered an unacceptable level of service during your stay. We always strive to provide a 5 star service and exceed our guest expectations. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and the issues you mentioned have been discussed with our team. Moreover, we will make every effort to be sure our team deliver the highest service standards.

We deeply value your business, and we want to restore your confidence in our hotel. While there are many hotel choices in NYC, we sincerely hope you will consider staying with us next time.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed here with a family of five in mid-May.

We had an extended stay here of six nights, and were in a South facing suite on the 39th floor. The room, even at that height, still got plenty of street noise at times, but this is NYC, not Amish Country!

Rooms were clean and tidy, but honestly not a lot more space than some of the Hampton Inns we had stayed in - and housekeeping seemed to be scheduled at times that always clashed with when we were back in the room - most days between 3-4pm, when we had returned to freshen up and for the kids to use the toilet before we went out again. Yet on the day we checked out, we could not get late checkout past 1pm without paying for an extra night as that is when they were rostered to clean our room...

But those minor issues aside, we had a great time here: the staff in restaurant were brilliant with our children (especially Eugene the cook, with his Mickey Mouse pancake for my daughter!) And the rest of the floor staff were attentive with out being intrusive.

Check in was fuss free, and check out even more so - express key drop, after getting our final bill slipped under our door on our last night.

We were also able to leave our baggage securely stored as we had a late flight out on our last day.

And of course there was the warm chocolate chip cookie on check-in... !

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side face Times Square - so have the best view but the most noise. Low room numb...
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Nice hotel in the heart of NYC. Can be very noisy at night. Would go there anytime again. Appreciated to have two seperate rooms. Gym is also ok, sets minimal requirement. Breakfast buffet was ok, unfortunately there's no window

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
bchoidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear RotschZ,

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We spent 3 nights there last week for our Daughters 16th Birthday trip to NYC.
Great place right in the middle of Everything. Awesome service starting with Jimmy openning the door as we got out of the Taxi to him putting us in another on our way out of town.

Dear Mission_Friends,

Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 star review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear your positive feedback and kind words about our hotel and staff.

We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Operations Manager

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square

Address: 1568 Broadway, 47th Street, New York City, NY 10036-8201
#50 Business Hotel in New York City
#74 Romantic Hotel in New York City
#74 Luxury Hotel in New York City
#89 Family Hotel in New York City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:4 star — DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square 4*
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Times Square is the only all-suite hotel located on Broadway in the heart of Times Square excitement. Located at 1568 Broadway (47th Street & 7th Avenue), the hotel recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, New York City’s world-famous restaurants, shopping, museums and sightseeing. A TKTS booth, offering discount theater tickets, is directly across from the hotel. Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, The Museum of Modern Art, Fifth Avenue shopping, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Carnegie Hall and Central Park are all within walking distance. The hotel is just 15 blocks from Jacob Javits Convention Center, Penn Station/Madison Square Garden, Port Authority Bus Terminal and convenient to Grand Central Terminal and all (3) area airports.All of the hotel’s 460 two-room suites feature living room with sofa bed plus private bedroom and bathroom, Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree Sleep Experience bedding and modern amenities including two flat-screen televisions, wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, MP3 connectivity and large work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include newly renovated lobby with new check-in area, new Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, brand new Ad Lib lobby lounge, brand new Gingers Restaurant, morning Coffee Kiosk, room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary 24-hour business center. The hotel has 10,000 square feet of modern event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Amex, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree New York City
Doubletree Times Square
Suites New York City
New York Suites
Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square Nyc
Doubletree Hotel Times Square
Doubletree Hotel New York City

If you own or manage DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.