“It's good enough. . . .” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1568 Broadway, 47th Street, New York City, NY 10036-8201 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
New Year's Eve Packages!
Ranked #127 of 468 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“It's good enough. . . .”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Like most hotels in the Times Square area, this one is over-priced for what they offer. The rooms are clean enough, and the staff is friendly enough, but for the kind of premium cost, couldn't they throw in free internet connection? I am constantly amazed that the more expensive the hotel, the less likely it is to offer little amenities like wifi and coffee in the lobby, etc. It seems like a small thing to provide the conveniences that less expensive hotels summarily provide. Otherwise, the hotel is okay; the suite we had was comfortable except for the constant noise from the hallway. But it was really nothing special. . . . except for the location. If you want to be IN Times Square -- and this hotel stands on the spot where the Astors built the very FIRST Times Square Hotel at the turn of the 20th C -- this is it. From our window, my granddaughter was able to watch, mesmerized, the flow of humanity below and the antics of the M and M characters in the video projections playing on the M and M store.

Room Tip: The rooms facing North have particularly good TS views, but there is no way to escape the reality th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,143)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Hotel was in excellant shape. Staff met my requests for fragrance free cleaning as I have allergies and I simply notified them a few days before and again when I landed and room was ready for early check-in when I arrived. Maids were thorough and I left a nice tip for each of them. Plenty of extra towels and pillows as requested. Very quiet even though in the heart of Manhatten in Times Square. I go to the shows every night so TKTS booth just across the street to buy discount tickets or theaters are close to walk to same for hour before show discount and hotel is in the center of everything so if your tired it's easy to hop back to hotel for little pit stop and rest and go again. It might be a little more expensive but saves you time and energy which is important to get the most out of NY.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed here on business and would definitely return. The room was very spacious for NY, and I felt very secure with the way the entrance is set up. It was nice having a separate living are with the suite style room. I didn't try the bar, but it looked nice too. With so many great restaurants and things to do in the area, it was hard to stay at the hotel for too long!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed here for our second time. We are a family group of four so we booked a suite. The first time we were here the lobby was under improvement but it looks as dark as it used to be.
Staff professional but no more then that. We are HHonors but as we booked from a Travel Agency they said it was impossible to add points to our account. No intention to explain or find any solution. As we arrived early in the morning and it was too early to check in time, we used the lobby bathroom to change ourselves because we arrived from summer time to cold February morning. The bath was really so old, so dated that I thought it was not part of the hotel. It lacks cleanliness in every detail of it.Disgustin, really. Everything there was tired and shouts for improvement.
The suite was good but just that. Need more cleaning in the corners and the said bed sofa also looked dated.
I think everything needs an improvement.
Location can not be beat but I think I will try the other Doubletree(South TS), next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
bchoidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear AndreaF_11,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are very sorry your experience at the hotel was not satisfactory. We always strive to exceed our guest expectations, and the issues you mentioned have been shared with our team. As per Hilton policy, third party reservations are not eligible to add points on member’s account. Currently, we are planning to improve our lobby area and renovate our rooms completely afterwards.

We deeply appreciate your business with us, and we want to restore your confidence in our hotel. While there are many Hilton hotel choices in NYC, we sincerely hope you will consider staying with us in the future. We would love an opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of accommodation you have every right to expect from DoubleTree.

Brian Choi
Operations Manager
Santa Monica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I echo everyone else's comments about great location and facility and staff in general. And I have more specific praise to dole out. I'm getting over a breathing disability so travel always causes me great anxiety because I'm concerned about ensuring a good air quality situation in my room. I booked a Pure Room here. But still, I need a level of air quality even better than the usual Pure Room. Well, let me tell you, the head of housekeeping and head of engineering were so supportive of me when I spoke to them, that my anxiety melted away. They were proactive in suggesting ways to ensure the best situation for me in the room. Bottom line was, I knew if anything unexpected came up, they'd have my back and make things right. Turned out, everything was taken care of so perfectly, I didn't even have to contact them during my stay. Except to call and say thanks! Outstanding service above and beyond the call of duty!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Thank goodness we stayed here. We not only were able to watch the Super Bowl in comfort with half price drinks but had access to printers and pcs at no extra cost so were able to print of basket ball game tickets with no problems.

The staff were friendly and because we were getting married got an upgraded room including free wifi.

The location and vies are the best on the strip and if you don't want the expensive foot you can alway use the less expensive coffee / bar reception area (which I did).

• Stayed February 2013
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Don't get me wrong, I would stay here again in a heartbeat, but I had at least one problem with every room. Also, the service was not consistently great, but it was mostly great. My rooms were wonderful, but the first had a fridge that was not working and it made my leftovers from dinner one night smell very bad. Also, the door did not close completely on its own as I have grown used to hotel rooms doing. The door was at the end of a hallway one had to go down to get into the room so it was easy to walk away and have no idea the door was open.. and it was open several times when I went to go out of it and once when I came back to go in.

I stayed here three separate weeks in a row for a business trip. The third week I only stayed one night and had the smallest room. It was so hot I couldn't stand it. I opened windows and turned the heater off and it cooled down (in February) and got too cold. Unfortunately, I was only there one night and with my plans changing all of a sudden I forgot to report it to the hotel management.

Regardless of these problems, I loved the place. The staff was very welcoming and very professional. The rooms were will appointed with nice furnishings and not dated or tired. The location was amazing. I was right in Times Square and close to everything I could imagine to do in the evenings after work. The breakfast buffet was quite good, but I travel enough I get it for free because what they charge is outrageous for what you get.

When I have to go back to New York for work I will almsot certainly stay here if it is at all convenient to where i need to work. I would also stay here as a very first choice if I was in New York for vacation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business