“Consistently Very Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1568 Broadway, 47th Street, New York City, NY 10036-8201 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 15% off Rooms!
Ranked #110 of 449 hotels in New York City
Boston, MA
“Consistently Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The location is great especially for first-timers and those going to a show. I've been to this hotel a few times most recently in Dec. 2012. I find the rooms clean, spacious, quiet and comfortable. Some of the rooms have Times Square views that are attention-grabbing. You should know that this hotel is right in the heart of Times Square so there is a lot of activity right outside the hotel doors. If you want to break away from the crowds, just take a quick right outside the hotel doors and walk up 47th ST to Sixth Ave. The lobby is a little quirky, requiring a short elevator ride from the street level to the lobby (where a second elevator bank takes you to your room. I like it for the added security. Bottom line its close to all the theaters and walking distance to Rockefeller Center, shopping on Fifth Ave, and about 12 blocks to Central Park.

There are many hotel options in the area so I usually check to see who has the best rates (and good reviews on tripadvisor). Doubletree Guest Suites in Times Square is one of my go-to hotels for value comfort and cleanliness.

Room Tip: Join Hilton Honors. You will get points for stays and occasionally get upgrades. The Times Square...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

4,407 people have reviewed this hotel

1993
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (809)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our family - two adults and three young kids stayed Jan 1-4, 2013 at the Doubletree. Based on previous reviews I was worried about being 'in the thick of things' being right in Times Square, but I shouldn't have been. I've been to NYC a few times before and have to say while it is busy, it is really the BEST location. Less than 10 blocks to Central Park, 4 to American Girl, subway is right out the door - as is the theatre to see Annie; it's right next door! We had a fabulous time.
A few things that cannot be overlooked: cleaning staff said good morning and made eye contact each time you passed; the check in desk (while VERY busy on Jan 1) was staffed well so we waited only a few short minutes; each time I called down for something (with kids it was at least 4 times!) I got what I wanted, quickly and with a smile. The doormen were pleasant and held the door open and were professional and courteous.
BEST of all, and I mean BEST of all because my son was very upset the night before because of it.... Jamaica, from the front desk went out of her way to find someone with a mini screwdriver to remove the plastic frame around his new toy limo. At first she couldn't find the maintenance guy, so she asked the man who manages the alarm systems to do it for us. My son was soooo happy! It honestly is these little things that make or break a great customer experience and I say Doubletree did it so well. We will be staying here again in future.

Room Tip: We loved the 40th floor. Can barely hear the street! Loved it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I visited Manhattan the last week of November 2012. My reason for visiting was business, but I figured since it was the start of the holiday season I would take the family along. They wanted to see the typical NYC sights, and attend the lighting of the tree at Rockefeller Center (which was a nightmare that I don’t recommend even though we did end up seeing the tree lit.)

My difficulty was finding a hotel in Midtown that would accommodate a family of four providing enough space for my wife and a 4 and 2 year old and on top of that meet my budget of less than an average of 450/night.

There were not a lot of hotels in midtown that accomodated my demands- many met the price, but the room was pretty much a < 250sq/ft room with two doubles if that. The doubletree; however, provided exactly what I wanted and then some offering a decent sized fridge, a microwave and two separate rooms. It was easily the largest room I found in Manhattan for the price/location, and on top of that the room was clean and the service very friendly. Subway lines were convenient and pretty much anything you wanted was within easy walking distance.

The room itself was spacious, even when compared to non NYC hotels, providing a living room, a bedroom, and a mini ‘kitchen’. Our suite offered large windows in both the living and bedroom that had a offered a pretty cool view of times square. The kids and I spent a lot of times watching all of the lights/traffic and people. We didn’t note any noise from either other guest rooms or outside (I think we were on floor 34), obviously the lights of Times Square kept things bright all night so we utilized the blackout curtains which worked well. The living room featured a sofa bed which was about average as sofa beds go. I wouldn’t have wanted to use it all week, but the kids didn’t mind.

I do have some tips/tricks.
I drove to Manhattan and I used the parking provided by the hotel. The hotel website does not explain how parking works so I will. When you arrive you basically pull up in front of the hotel on Broadway, its pretty busy as expected. Staff will unload your baggage and take your car it seems regardless of if you ask for valet or not. Self park is 35, valet is 45. Please note that unlike other hotels I have stayed the parking was not billed to my room, you have the option at check out to pay for Valet or self park. Neither service offered in/out, so I opted for self-park and the only difference was I walked myself over to the parking lot which was just around the corner on 47th, handed the attendant my parking ticket and paid there saving myself 60 bucks. To some it may not be worth it, but to me I saved 60 bucks driving myself about 150 yards. I drove around the corner and the bellhop and family was standing there waiting with my luggage.

The breakfast at Gingers is so/so and expensive, about 30 bucks per person. I tried it once and it didn’t seem anyone was there without free breakfast vouchers or HHonors gold/Diamond comped. Skip it- there are a ton of cheap options for breakfast within a block. I didn’t try the room service as so many other options were just outside.

All in all well pleased with my stay and would return if visiting midtown again.

Room Tip: Premium Times Sq. view was very nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have visited this hotel in 2012 but never wrote a review about it. I was surfing and wanted to share my experience then. Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in a spacious suite, very comfortable and the service was great. Excellent location just adjacent to Times Square and the view from the room at a high level was marvelous. I do recommend this hotel if staying on Times Square.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
marietta, ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

ok, the rooms could use some updating, but there were 3 of us traveling and the room size was great. it is great to have a separate living room. they also have a mini fridge and microwave. the location is very convenient and was surprisingly quiet. it is a very busy property, but we had no issues with any of the other guests.

Room Tip: try to get a room in the curve of the building on the upper floors. great views and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
sao paulo, brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel is located at Times Square. As usual, DoubleTree suites are larger then regular Hilton rooms, and they are actually larger then most of the hotel rooms in Manhattan. Other then that, this place follows DT/Hilton standards for breakfast (adequate, not exceptional) and service (also good, but not exceptional). It is an exceptional base to explore Manhattan if your interests are centered around the Time Square / 5th Ave shopping area and the Theather District. If you need rest (better stay in SoHo or TriBeCa), or are annoyed by partying and confusion, do not even think on staying there; that is not your place (remember you would be at the heart of Times Square).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Spent the holidays at this hotel with family. Room was nice, personnel attentive. Location cannot be beat, you step right into Times Square. Lobby gets crowded from time to time but New York City is crowded so that is part of the experience. Was able to easily walk just about anywhere we wanted. Metro stops where amazingly close and convenient. Really great experience!

Room Tip: Request one with Times Square view. Absolutely amazing location!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square

Address: 1568 Broadway, 47th Street, New York City, NY 10036-8201
#50 Business Hotel in New York City
#74 Luxury Hotel in New York City
#74 Romantic Hotel in New York City
#89 Family Hotel in New York City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:4 star — DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square 4*
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Times Square is the only all-suite hotel located on Broadway in the heart of Times Square excitement. Located at 1568 Broadway (47th Street & 7th Avenue), the hotel recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, New York City’s world-famous restaurants, shopping, museums and sightseeing. A TKTS booth, offering discount theater tickets, is directly across from the hotel. Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, The Museum of Modern Art, Fifth Avenue shopping, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Carnegie Hall and Central Park are all within walking distance. The hotel is just 15 blocks from Jacob Javits Convention Center, Penn Station/Madison Square Garden, Port Authority Bus Terminal and convenient to Grand Central Terminal and all (3) area airports.All of the hotel’s 460 two-room suites feature living room with sofa bed plus private bedroom and bathroom, Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree Sleep Experience bedding and modern amenities including two flat-screen televisions, wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, MP3 connectivity and large work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include newly renovated lobby with new check-in area, new Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, brand new Ad Lib lobby lounge, brand new Gingers Restaurant, morning Coffee Kiosk, room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary 24-hour business center. The hotel has 10,000 square feet of modern event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Amex, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree New York City
Doubletree Times Square
Suites New York City
New York Suites
Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square Nyc
Doubletree Hotel Times Square
Doubletree Hotel New York City

If you own or manage DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.