“Always warm and friendly service,one of my Fav in NYC!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1568 Broadway, 47th Street, New York City, NY 10036-8201 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Ball Drop VIP Package!
Ranked #108 of 459 Hotels in New York City
virginia
“Always warm and friendly service,one of my Fav in NYC!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

this is one of my favroite hotels in NYC. There is enough room to breathe. Living room, frig,great location, friendly staff, hot cookies. It is a must stay at least once while in NYC. Among the hilton properties this is my favorite, but also the most expensive. You pay for the space. The front desk staff greats your quickly, warmly, the bell hops hail taxis for you quickly. I usually stay here for business but staying for pleasure is usually a great treat because of the close proximity to the theatre district and all that Times Square has to offer.

Room Tip: get a room on the front side of the hotel so that you can look down at times square instead of the s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (957)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Everything except the cigarette smoke was excellent: the staff was courteous and helpful and professional, the price was fair and the value was good; the location was superb; everything was great EXCEPT the the parlour section of our suite REEKED of cigarette smoke in this non-smoking hotel at times. Not all of the time, but most of the nights that we stayed during our mulit-night stay. The smell was coming through the ventilation. It was horrible. It was also not the hotel's fault; someone upstream of us was violating the hotel's non-smoking policy and we were "enjoying" the consequence of it. We were staying there during the NY eve hooplah so the hotel was full and so we did not ask for, nor did we expect to get, a different room. I called the front desk about it and they thanked me for my input, and then that night we were cigarette smoke free. But only that night. Then it happened again.
So, I would give five stars and highly recommend this property to anyone who does not mind being a second hand smoker in a "non-smoking" property. But I would give a zero to anyone who expects a truly "smoke free" residence. That is why I rate, "three stars".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
bchoidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear sybrib,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with cigarette smell in the room. This is not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. The issue you mentioned has been discussed with our team, and we will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. Thank you again for your feedback, we sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to make your stay the best it can be.

Oceanside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Rooms were smaller than expected but still nice. Unfortunately the front desk service was not up to par. Room rate was incorrect and they refused to correct....we checked out a day early expressing our unhappiness and front desk staff did nothing to try to rectify, including the manager Tito. Pretty disappointing for a Hilton Gold member.

Dear CarrascoMom,

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. We are sorry that you were disappointed with your interaction with our front desk team. We always try to make each guest experience a great one at the hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. We would really appreciate if you can provide more information on your stay, so we can investigate and follow up with you.

We deeply value your loyalty as a Hilton Honors Gold Member, and we want to restore your confidence in our hotel. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you will give us another opportunity to make your stay the best it can be.

San Angelo, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at other hotels in New York- and while the rooms were spacious, not much else was good. I guess it is true-- bigger isn't always better. Service, as well as cleanliness of the rooms and public areas was sub-par. Not impressed. The only plus-- bellmen and security were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012
bchoidtnyc, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Laura S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the cleanliness of our room and public space. Dirty rooms are not typical at our hotel, and we have shared your comment with our team. Moreover, we will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. Thank you for your feedback, we hope you will give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Queens, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I chose the Doubletree Times Square as a place for my fiancé and I to spend our first night together as an engaged couple. Looking back, it was the best hotel decision I've ever made.

Before arriving at the hotel, I called the front desk about 10 days prior to let them know of my plan. Amanda Berman was the lead on executing a perfect plan. I told her what I wanted to do, which was a quasi-cliche idea (rose petals from the door to the bed, chocolates, roses, champagne, etc.) Originally, I had a standard room that didn't overlook Times Square. But after telling Amanda my plan (and HHonors Diamond status), her overwhelmingly amazing customers service skills kicked into high gear.

She gave me a list of amenities, and told me to choose whatever I wanted. Brownie point #1. She then told me she would upgrade me to a Conference Suite, which was a higher floor (37) and overlooking Times Square. Brownie point # 2. She also partnered me up with Colette to coordinate the flowers and rose pedals. Brownie point #3.

As I had hoped, the evening went as perfect as it could. Of course, my girlfriend said yes which was most important. But the room was beyond spectacular. Most hotels can take care of that. But what was different during this visit was what Amanda did beyond what I expected. She turned a great night into an unforgettable evening that I will always remember. She should be praised for her customer service skills and considered for a promotion!

If you're considering what I did with your future Mrs. (or Mr.), I HIGHLY recommend the Doubletree Times Square. If Amanda helps you, expect nothing less than a wonderful and accommodating experience. Thanks again!!

Room Tip: If you have the extra dough, upgrade to the Conference Suites. They are high up, corner suites, with...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed for two nights to catch a show - parents in King and two teenagers on fold out couch. Since the bedroom is separated from the sitting room, this worked better than two doubles we have gotten at other hotels when travelling.

Staff was great - from the front desk who aided us in ensuring another room in our party was on the same floor, to the bell men to aided us getting the car situated (not easy!), and to the maid who gave us more towels and coffee!

Hotel is currently hard to spot due to work on the outside and the valet is on the street on 7th Ave (about 3 car lengths so many double parked), so be careful. Another challenge is getting there - we missed the above described slot, so we circled the block. MISTAKE - there are no left turn signs off 7th onto certain side roads (small signs on light pole - not easy to spot with all the lights and other signs!). Got a ticket (cop was helpful describing how to get back to hotel!).

Great proximity to Times Square and theater showing Annie (our intended target right next door!).

Didn't eat here due to cost - better options with more NYC color within a few blocks (EZ Deli or Cranberry Deli).

Only reason not top rating is lack of Executive lounge - don't expect at other properties like Hampton Inn, but a Doubletree and it's pricing should have this available.

Stayed at about 6 or 8 different places in NYC Theater District - this is now #1 on my list.

Room Tip: Higher is better - especially off Times Square
ridgealnd, ms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed at this hotel, in addition to its being in a great location, and the fact that the rooms are suites, want to commend the guest services manager. Ms. Amanda Berman took care of some issues for us after the male front desk manager wouldn't talk to us (even though the front desk staff tried to help and were extremely helpful). She is awesome and turned our attitude from upset to strong advocates of this hotel. Amanda also gave us an "insider's view" of things to do and see. Will be back!

Room Tip: ask Amanda
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square

Address: 1568 Broadway, 47th Street, New York City, NY 10036-8201
#56 Business Hotel in New York City
#71 Romantic Hotel in New York City
#75 Luxury Hotel in New York City
#98 Family Hotel in New York City
Hotel Class:4 star — DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square 4*
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Times Square is the only all-suite hotel located on Broadway in the heart of Times Square excitement. Located at 1568 Broadway (47th Street & 7th Avenue), the hotel recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, New York City’s world-famous restaurants, shopping, museums and sightseeing. A TKTS booth, offering discount theater tickets, is directly across from the hotel. Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, The Museum of Modern Art, Fifth Avenue shopping, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Carnegie Hall and Central Park are all within walking distance. The hotel is just 15 blocks from Jacob Javits Convention Center, Penn Station/Madison Square Garden, Port Authority Bus Terminal and convenient to Grand Central Terminal and all (3) area airports.All of the hotel’s 460 two-room suites feature living room with sofa bed plus private bedroom and bathroom, Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree Sleep Experience bedding and modern amenities including two flat-screen televisions, wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, MP3 connectivity and large work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include newly renovated lobby with new check-in area, new Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, brand new Ad Lib lobby lounge, brand new Gingers Restaurant, morning Coffee Kiosk, room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary 24-hour business center. The hotel has 10,000 square feet of modern event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree New York City
Doubletree Times Square
Suites New York City
New York Suites
Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square Nyc
Doubletree Hotel Times Square
Doubletree Hotel New York City

If you own or manage DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.