The staff at the Cosmopolitan Hotel is what really stands out - even for a stay where the rooms were lovely and with a location that can't be beat.
You can argue that if you want a more midtown feel, South Manhattan may be a little far off, but you're close to Battery park and even closer to River Terrace, where you can enjoy great morning runs, it's a great hotel. And for first-time visitors, it means either having to learn to use the subway or walk and take in the sights, sounds and smells of the city.
We asked the staff about transportation, laundry and various room issues, and they were always courteous, kind, and very helpful.
The rooms were clean, but small, which is fine, as you don't plan on being there too often. I wouldn't go there with small children who need to be in the room more (e.g. for naps); you will need a bigger hotel for that.
There is no breakfast at the hotel at all, but they are very willing to bring takeout to your room, and in addition to a Starbucks at the corner of W Broadway and Chambers, there is a deli right across the street and a very good restaurant, Edwards, a bit further up W Broadway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exciting neighborhood of Tribeca, the Cosmopolitan Hotel -Tribeca offers exceptional service, upscale amenities and a prime location. Historic Tribeca and neighboring Soho are at the epicenter of the New York City art, shopping and restaurant scene. Greenwich Village is within walking distance as well as Wall Street and the Financial District. In addition to providing a firsthand experience of the unique New York City downtown culture, the Cosmopolitan offers easy access to all New York City attractions with the Chambers Street Subway station conveniently located just steps from the hotel. The Cosmopolitan Hotel's personable staff ensures guests have a memorable experience while visiting New York City. The hotel offers an array of upscale amenities such as Frette linens, CO Bigelow bath products, iPod docks, room service by Kitchenette, complimentary Wi - Fi and the New York Times. Guests can enjoy the hotel's state of the art Fitness room as well as a full service Starbucks on hotel premises. Our accommodations can suit every need from standard and deluxe rooms to junior suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and Tingo so you can book your Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hotel New York City
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca