Checked in the first night and found the room to be too small - not even space to out two suitcases on the floor. So I went down and asked if they had anything else, they helpfully showed me a room that was split on two levels with a loft area for the bed which i accepted. However when I got in I found it made me fee very claustrophobic, couldn't even sit up in bed without hitting the ceiling. Not really the hotel's fault, they had shown it to me and I had agreed. So again I went down and asked if I could have my old room back which they did without any complaint. The next night they moved us to a much better room, again with no complaint, they even arranged for our bags to be moved between the rooms while wee were out. It's that kind of service that really makes the difference in a hotel. Downsides - The rooms had noisy air con and there was quite a lot of noise from the street but this is New York City so you expect it at this price point. The area itself is ten minutes from the 9/11 memorial which was really moving and similar distance from the tour bus pick up point, Chambers Street metro is literally by the hotel entrance and there is a handy Starbucks below the hotel. The area lacks much choice of restaurants but you can't have everything. Really pleased with this hotel and would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exciting neighborhood of Tribeca, the Cosmopolitan Hotel -Tribeca offers exceptional service, upscale amenities and a prime location. Historic Tribeca and neighboring Soho are at the epicenter of the New York City art, shopping and restaurant scene. Greenwich Village is within walking distance as well as Wall Street and the Financial District. In addition to providing a firsthand experience of the unique New York City downtown culture, the Cosmopolitan offers easy access to all New York City attractions with the Chambers Street Subway station conveniently located just steps from the hotel. The Cosmopolitan Hotel's personable staff ensures guests have a memorable experience while visiting New York City. The hotel offers an array of upscale amenities such as Frette linens, CO Bigelow bath products, iPod docks, room service by Kitchenette, complimentary Wi - Fi and the New York Times. Guests can enjoy the hotel's state of the art Fitness room as well as a full service Starbucks on hotel premises. Our accommodations can suit every need from standard and deluxe rooms to junior suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hotel New York City
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca