While this is not the most trendy or luxurious hotel you will find, it offers very good value for the price.
We really liked the location at the tip of Manhattan in Tribeca. When we woke up the first morning, it took us about 15 minutes to walk to the tip and whish Lady Liberty good morning.
There are lots of shops and resautrants close-by, of course.
The room was very clean and had everything we needed. We have to say, though, that the furniture wasn't very modern or high-quality, but pretty simple (other than it appears on photographs). Still, it was very well kept.
The whole hotel with all the hallways etc. looked very "New York" to us. Everything is relatively narrow, including the lobby. But is has a lot of charm.
The staff in the lobby was brief but friendly. The cleaning personnel also was very friendly and did their job very well!
We would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to spend time in New York. Also the price seems to be pretty good for what it offers compared to other hotels in NY.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exciting neighborhood of Tribeca, the Cosmopolitan Hotel -Tribeca offers exceptional service, upscale amenities and a prime location. Historic Tribeca and neighboring Soho are at the epicenter of the New York City art, shopping and restaurant scene. Greenwich Village is within walking distance as well as Wall Street and the Financial District. In addition to providing a firsthand experience of the unique New York City downtown culture, the Cosmopolitan offers easy access to all New York City attractions with the Chambers Street Subway station conveniently located just steps from the hotel. The Cosmopolitan Hotel's personable staff ensures guests have a memorable experience while visiting New York City. The hotel offers an array of upscale amenities such as Frette linens, CO Bigelow bath products, iPod docks, room service by Kitchenette, complimentary Wi - Fi and the New York Times. Guests can enjoy the hotel's state of the art Fitness room as well as a full service Starbucks on hotel premises. Our accommodations can suit every need from standard and deluxe rooms to junior suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmopolitan Hotel New York City
- Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca