“Great staff, small room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca

You added Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca to your Saves list
Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   95 West Broadway, At Chambers Street, New York City, NY 10007 (TriBeCa)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #258 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Manila
“Great staff, small room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Pros: Great staff, nice cafe on site. Cons: no amenities, tiny rooms with paper-thin walls, bad location if you are seeing the typical sights. Thank god I didn't have loud neighbors, because i heard everything they said and did. It wasn't awful but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Jeff B.,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay. We are happy to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful. Please note the hotel is within a ten minute walk to all of the downtown tourist sites, and is just three subway stops from the midtown sites. The number 1, 2, and 3 subway trains are right outside our door. We do have a variety of room types and layouts that we hope you will return to try, Please contact me directly so I can make a future reservation for you.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Eagle River
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I am from Alaska, and this was my first time in New York City. I was very apprehensive about this visit. I was in NY to testify as a witness in a Federal Trial so someone from the attorney's office arranged for my place to stay. Boy was I lucky they picked this place. The rooms are small, but they are clean and neat. Everyone was very nice and helpful, and helped put me at ease.

The hotel is very close to 2 major subway lines, and it was very easy to get to Times Square and Central Park. I was fearful about traveling on the subway, but it was great and much easier than I ever dreamed it would be.

I love Geocaching, and I was able to find several caches within walking distance of the hotel. I spent a day Caching in Central Park, and that was incredible! I was amazed how quickly I was able to get to Central Park from the hotel. I walked 1 block east, and caught the C train, and was at Central Park in less than 15 minutes!

The staff of the hotel really came through when I was leaving. The day I checked out, the hotel staff allowed me to store my luggage with them while I went to the Federal Court House to testify. My plane was leaving from LGA at 6:35 pm. At 5pm I was still on the witness stand. I called the hotel as soon as I was able, and they had my bags on a cart and helped by pushing the cart across the street and then down the middle of the street to my waiting car. I made it to the plane with 5 minutes to spare. I would never have been able to make it without everyone at the hotel helping me!

I also really liked the little restaurant, the Cosmopolitan Cafe, next door. The food there is excellent and not very expensive. I had blue berry pancakes for breakfast, and they were served with freshly harvested REAL maple syrup! It was the best place I ate while in the City.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear akerdoc,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a detailed review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your specific mention of how convenient our location is to all the major subway lines and how quickly you were able to get around Manhattan. We are also happy to hear that our staff was very helpful, and that you enjoyed the Cosmopolitan Cafe. We hope you will return to New York City, and that we can welcome you back in the future.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We were aware of its "boutique size" and as long as you know it's going to be small you honestly cannot beat this place anywhere in the city. The price we got was amazing! It is located in the heart of Tribeca and surrounded by many hip/chic places to eat within walking distance. We valet'd the car and that cost was reasonable to for our 2 night stay. Super easy for us to take the subway and roam all around the city. It was clean and cute and most importantly the staff was incredible! Super nice, professional and accommodating. They upgraded our room when I had put in a request for a quiet one. This was perfect for our needs and we will stay here from now on.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear livewire44,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that our staff was very helpful and that you enjoyed the neighborhood as well as the convenience of the location. Please stay in touch with us, there are many exciting changes planned for the near future.

Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

this is a good choice. Just keep in mind that the room and bathroom, are small. Everything, except the mounted flat screen tv, is small, even the entryway into the bathroom. Advantages: 1) If you have to park a car, they take care of it for you. 2) The restaurant next to the hotel, the Cosmopolitan Cafe, has great food, coffee, and charm. 3) The subway is steps from the hotel door and takes you right to Times Square. 4) There's a Starbucks steps away.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear DCTraveler0313,
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay. We appreciate you pointing out the many conveniences and advantages of staying with us. Please note that we do have a variety of room layouts and room types, and hope that you will return to give them a try. Please contact me directly so that I can make a future reservation for you.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Although the room was a bit small, the furnishings were top rate. Great bath. Very helpful and friendly staff, but would not recommend the attached cafe. Very convenient, with a subway stop just outside the front door. We were very happy with our stay.

Room Tip: We booked a room with a double bed and fold out love seat for my son and I. The fold out is not too...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear KatieGinNC,
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Cosmopolitan Hotel - TriBeCa. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with your room and that our staff was friendly and helpful. Please follow us through our website and social media, we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here on a long weekend trip. Really nice hotel, very accommodating.

The staff were really lovely too!

We were upgraded to a double room with a sofa and en-suit. I think the other rooms may be a bit smaller but ours was perfect and had everything we needed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear IckleVT,
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you had a lovely weekend with us and that our staff was accommodating. We look forward to your return, please stay in touch with us through social media and by subscribing to our website so we can keep you informed about our upcoming exclusive offers.

Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed in a small room on one of the higher floors. Was a bit noisy, but it's New York. Front desk was rude at times depending on the shift. Unhelpful all the time. Room smelled like bug spray. Bed was suspicious. Relatively clean, but the minimum a hotel should be is clean whatever the price. If you don't care about the room and you're not spending time there the it's fine. However, don't use this room while on business. Internet was bad and you couldn't feel relaxed there.

Room Tip: Higher the floor, the better
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Rachelle S, Director of Sales at Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear WacoWoody,
Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor. Please note that in the year that has passed since you were here we have upgraded the hotel and have raised our level of service significantly. We are pleased to say that we never had a bed bug issue and we have a thorough maintenance program in place. The rooms are not sprayed for bedbugs. We hope that you will return so that you can experience the improvements and changes, please contact me directly so I can make a reservation for you.

Director of Sales

Been to Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca? Share your experiences!