“Did not expected it to be as good as it was !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Skyline Hotel

You added Skyline Hotel to your Saves list
Skyline Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   725 10th Avenue, At 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Parking and Savings!
Ranked #275 of 459 Hotels in New York City
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Did not expected it to be as good as it was !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

My wife and I and two more friends stayed for three nights to run the 2014 NYC Half Marathon.
Since we've got in we were kindly welcomed. It was clean and smelled clean. The heater and the a/c where functioning properly.
It's location near was a fair walkable and friendly distance from Times Square !
Nice and quiet.
Will REPEAT !!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
MHUREWITZ, General Manager at Skyline Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
We love when we are able to exceed expectations. We have been working hard to continue to improve our product with the new elevators, renovation of all the public space, new phone systen, new free internet service coming June 1st and we will continue to listen to our guest comments to guide us in the future.

Mark Hurewitz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Napanee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Found this hotel to be conveniently located to the Pier (as we stayed here prior to a cruise) and to Times Square. Room was clean, although I much prefer a duvet cover to a bedspread and for that reason I cannot give this hotel five stars. Hotel staff was amazing and very friendly, especially the concierge (Larry) who steered us in the right direction for dinner.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I believe you said it all, good clean property with friendly staff.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I really liked the rooms at the skyline. For a hotel without a reputation, it wasn't that bad. It reminded me of buildings in London where the outside does not really represent the inside. The outside of the hotel needs some updating, although this is NY, so may not be useful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We are pleased you were happy with all the changes inside the hotel. I fully understand your comment about mixed emotions, as the face of the building outside does not tell you what is waiting for you. We are exploring what we can do to improve our curb appeal.

Derry Lononderry
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Checked in for an extended St Patricks day break. The Check-in desk team provided a prompt but unfriendly service (both females, though I noted the other reception team were much more friendly - and don't continually chew gum!). Our room on the second floor was clean yet dated. Both bedside lights did not work and apart from the many long hairs in the bath, the room was acceptable. Our bathroom was tiny, fortunately neither my wife or I are too big-it was actually difficult closing the door to use the toilet. However, an abundance of fresh, soft, fluffy towels and excellent heating system. The lifts to the bedrooms are nothing short of disgusting with the carpet soiled and sticky. Ice machines and vending readily available on corridors. The pool area was clean and functional though staff were neither efficient or friendly. Hotel location is good - less than 10 minutes to Times Square but be prepared to pay ten dollars per day per device for internet. I asked my wife if she would return to the Skyline. She hesitated for only a moment before saying "I don't think I would like to!". The only meal we had at the hotel was breakfast which was quite good and had a reasonable selection.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
They say timming is sometimes everything. first, thank you for your positive comments. Now, to the things that were not acceptable. This week we have just updated the last rooms to be completed in the building on the second floor. all of these rooms received all new bedding, featuring our down comforters and triple sheeting, together with new carpeting. we also recently had two new elevators installed in our west building and next month we are renovating the elevators you experienced. This will complete the inside of the hotel which has been renovated.

i hope you read this response and contact me so i can offer you another stay in the hotel you expected to stay in.

Best Regards,
wirral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel in sept 2009, will be arriving this Sunday 16th march, we are back because we found this hotel to be friendly and great value for money, the area is good and we walked for miles , Hell's Kitchen food is the best and great value , last time I visited it was for my daughters 21st birthday this review is long over due, this time a couples 4 day break with my husband , really really looking forward to seeing if the hotel is a good as last time, see you soon

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
MHUREWITZ, General Manager at Skyline Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Another reason why to stay at the Skyline Hotel, the great food and bars that are in our neiboorhood of Hells Kitchen. It is nice that you are visting us again in a few days.

Looking forward to your stay,
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We travelled in October 2013 and stayed for 4nights at the hotel. The hotel is in the Hells Kitchen district and was only about a 5-10min walk to Times Square. There are some lovely little bars & restaurants in the area. The hotel itself is great - the swimming pool is a lovely treat after a long day in the city - with some amazing views across the new york skyline. We were fortunate enough to be upgraded and had two lovely large quenns beds, the room was of a very good size and was very clean. One of the lifts were out of service when we stayed but this made no difference to us. The reception staff were extremely friendly and helped us when needed with directions & suggestions to places. Would definately recommend this hotel whilst staying in New York and wouldn't think twice about staying again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Our neighborhood is what makes are Hotel even more special for our guest. Thank you for choosing us and look foward to your return.

Best regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We sooo wanted to like this hotel. We came in on a red eye, arriving early on Saturday. No room was avail, but they let us stow our bags, and were told to come back after Noon.

That's when I noticed it. Dust. EVERYWHERE. The lobby floor/rugs were dirty, the couches old and tired. This hotel has seen better days. There WAS someone vacuuming with what I can only describe as a "vintage vacuum". It was making sound, but didn't seem to be sucking anything up. Geez. What would the rooms look like?

When we finally got a room, the WINDOW in it was cracked OPEN (no screen - just open). The (old) heater, blowing cold air. We were sooo tired we didn't bother to call and ask for another room. The bedspreads are quilted, polyester spreads (like, from the 70s). Bottom sheet wasn't a fitted sheet, and was not tucked in. There was steel wool surrounding the pipes in the bathroom - you know, the type you put in so MICE cannot pass through a hole? Yeah. That type. The toilet backed up, but thank goodness didn't flood the bathroom. It DID take about 30 mins for someone to come up to fix that. The furniture was scratched, two single plugs (in the lamps) and double in the wall (we had to unplug the light to plug in a phone to charge).

We went to dinner, arriving back about 9:30pm. THAT was when the fun started. Yelling! Crashing sounds! Drunken laughter! Music! Shouting! People coming and going! Lots of people! Security coming up! IN THE ROOM NEXT DOOR! and OUTSIDE OUR ROOM! We watched TV, tried to ignore the mayhem, thinking these people would surely be going out soon, right? It's NYC after all! Our kids finally fell asleep, but I couldn't sleep. Finally, about 1:30am, either they stopped or I fell asleep. Not sure what happened. The walls are paper-thin, and the room next door was obviously the location of a pretty big party.

At checkout, I mentioned "we had a very horrible experience" staying there and the person at the desk said "Oh, I'm sorry. Was that the 2nd floor?" and then "It IS NYC and it's Saturday night". Then said I should have called, and they'd send security, or call the police. So it's MY fault? And they obviously KNEW about it. WHY is it MY fault?? This was WELL beyond what anyone should have to tolerate. I should have asked her to comp our room....but I just wanted to leave.

I am truly sorry to write something like this - we are not fancy hotel people - quite the opposite - we save our money and try and get a good price on a decent hotel room. And in NYC, sure - this is short money - but we cannot recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I would love to have an opportunity to discuss your comments on the phone. Since i do not know who you are, please call me if you would. I am surprised to hear your comments and negative experience of the hotel. I do know that your comments about another guest causing a disturbence in the hotel where true, but our response was not exactly as you stated.

Been to Skyline Hotel? Share your experiences!