“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Skyline Hotel

You added Skyline Hotel to your Saves list
Skyline Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   725 10th Avenue, At 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #271 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Sydney, Australia
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

New York at Christmas time is amazing, this hotel was close to all the wonderful things. 5mins to Times Square, and metros within a few minute walk and you can be anywhere very quickly.
The hotel was nice, rooms were big compared to some places we have stayed. We stayed with a small baby so missed not having a microwave to heat bottles etc, but hotel restaurant have us boiled water when ever we needed it, so just take an urn :-)
We spent 6 nights here and loved every minute, not a single complaint about the hotel :-)

• Stayed December 2013
MHUREWITZ, General Manager at Skyline Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
We are happy we contributed to making your holiday visit more enjoyable. It is so nice to see that we provide a great experience for you and your family.

Best regards,
Mark Hurewitz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Caguas, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed with my family at the Skyline Hotel on January 10-14, 2014. We found the hotel & hotel room to be clean and neat. The staff were very friendly, in concierge, the check in staff, the guy who helped us with our luggage was super helpful. His name was Remi. My dad's luggage's zipper got stuck and didn't open, so Remi called the engineer to come help us. Like 5 minutes passed and he came back to the room because the engineer was very busy so he offered to assist us, so we wouldn't be kept waiting. Also, he recommended us a breakfast place nearby that was very good: Giorgio's.
The hotel has a great location! Walking distance to Times Square & Rockefeller area. We walked everywhere, except when we went to Wall Street and brooklyn bridge, and another day that we went Uptown and to the bronx. (Went on the subway).
There's various places nearby to have a quick eat and also, have a fancy dinner. There are 24 hour quick marts, and CVS nearby. Also, there's a good restaurant in the hotel, $16 all you can eat & drink breakfast buffet. We ate there twice, out of 5 days.
We come from a tropical island, so we always sleep with A/C, and like the heater in the room was on all the time, we asked to turn it off. A staff member came and helped us with that. so we slept with the window a little bit open and with the cool a/c on. :)
I do really recommend this hotel, and i would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There were some remodeling going on in the up floors (we were on room 419), and on our last night we...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Friendly staff mention made my day. I agree, that Remy is always there to help. It is nice to hear that everything went well on your trip and we look forward to a future return.
Warm regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the skyline between the 2nd and the 9th of jan this year! Really friendly good service( with a smile). Rooms clean and very comfortable. Really nice beds! Didn't try the gym or pool. But after long days exploring the city it was the last thing we needed! Great location only a few blocks from time square. We fell in love with New York so we have booked to go back in September and guess where we are staying?? Can't wait to return!! Keep up the good work!
Kind regards the wheelers
Lymington, England

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
We look forward to your return in September, when we hope to provide another memorable experience and add to your NYC visit.

Best regards,
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the Skyline from 14th Jan to 19th Jan and the hotel was great value for money. Around 10-15min walk to Times Square and other attractions, which was perfect for us as it was our first time in New York so being centrally located meant we could find our way around easily. The rooms were spacious and clean, so cant fault them at all. Across the street there is the Skyline deli and Fat Sals pizza - both great for snacks! Overall for the price we paid we were very happy with facilities and location and would definitely stay here again!

On behalf of the Skyline Hotel, Skyline Deli and Fat Sals Pizza we would like to thank you for the nice comments. Part of the positive experiences our guest have is not just about the hotel, but the wonderful neiborhood we are located in. This is what makes us special.

Warm Regards,
Salisbury, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed last night. Positives:
1. I sent emails with questions and they responded quickly.
2. Room ready when we got there.
3. Parking was awesome and cost $10 - in NYC? Crazy!
4. GORGEOUS lobby.
5. Check-in staff were super sweet with our kids and set the tone for our trip.
6. Room was a Superb with double beds - was the size of an average hotel room. Bathroom was nice, large, and clean.
7. Complimentary shampoo & stuff was nice quality.
8. View of the Empire State Building. Um, wow.
9. Maybe 5-10 minute walk to Times Square.
10. indoor pool on roof is clean, nice, and the views - holy cow.
11. Mexican restaurant in-house that also does room service.
12. Several delis across the street; my husband ran out for breakfast and it was good NYC deli coffee, excellent bagels, and they had a good selection of groceries (snacks for later for the kids.)
13. SO QUIET - we live in literally rural farmland, and we heard nothing from the street or upper floors and slept great.
14. Comfy beds. My kids are weirdly picky about this, and slept like rocks.
15. Fridge that was VERY cold in room, working safe in room, and dreamy water pressure in shower.
16. When we left, the guys grabbed our car quickly, it really was $10, they were nice about the kids needed to get loaded and strapped in, and the car was in great shape.
AND...
17. THIS IS SERVICE: my son left his stuffed animal he is super attached to in our room. I called frantic and left a message at the front desk. Housekeeping found it, called me back, quickly made arrangements to mail it to me, and sent an email confirming it, all within about an hour. Who does that for people anymore?

When we got home, the kids wanted to go back so badly we looked for cheaper hotels in NJ and Brooklyn. You know what? Skyline, when you factor parking, is within $30 of the cheapest, scary places, and Skyline is primo. We all agreed we are going to save a little each week to make a much longer trip back, and we will stay nowhere else but Skyline. My husband, who at first thought it was a little pricey ($192/night with the taxes and everything, +$25/night incidentals that they get held on your card and refund if you don't watch movies, etc.) just said, 'That was awesome, I say we stick with them from now on."

No, it's NOT the Plaza. Duh. But trust me, I lived in NYC for 10 years, I know from the Plaza, and this is as close as you will get for this price. And the employees are flat-out just good people.

Room Tip: We did the supreme double bed. It was great. Specifically, we were in room 411 in the newer building...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really want to thank you for taking the time to let the world know the great experience we were able to provide you and your family. I would love to use your review as a marketing tool .

Best Regards,
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Me and my Wife stayed here for 5 nights from the 9th December, the only thing I'm going to moan at is when we arrived we were not on there system for the booking but for the day after, we had to sit in reception for 20 mins for them to sort it out, would of been nice to of been offered a drink, but it did get sorted out and all was ok.

Hotel was clean, staff were fine but that's it,our room was on the 6th floor a great view of the Nyc skyline, the hotel concierge was spot on very helpful and the Bell Boys keep your cases for you when you check out for $1 per case which was good.
The first night we were so tired we dined in the Meemo sports bar which is attached to the hotel to be honest the food was good I had the Meemo burger that was spot on, washing it down with a pint of blue moon, I would recommend trying this restaurant.

It's a great location only 10 mins walk to Times Square, aprox 20 mins to Central Park, if you want to eat a little cheaper but still good food I'd suggest eating on 9th Avenue between 44/54th street.

In a morning we just grabbed a coffee and a donut from the shop across the street on the corner of 50th street, which was good but cheap.
Our trip to NYC was a 3 day sightseeing and 2 days shopping trip, we did everything from 7:30 in a morning not getting back to the hotel until 10pm, did ground zero, Empire State, top of the rock, Central Park inc ice skating, the American museum of national history, and a helicopter tour.
We did the hop on hop bus for 3 days did that on the Grey line bus company, we used to get on 8th avenue nr to 47/48th street which is where there office is, we did the Brooklyn tour where you get on that bus where you get off at ground zero just swap busses, I would defo recommend that.
We did a whole day shopping on the Friday and half day Saturday.

All in all I would stay at this hotel again, I've stayed in worse I've stayed in better nothing special but clean and a good nights sleep, that's why I've gave it an average rating.

Room Tip: Just ask for a high floor room for a good view, our room was clean and spacious
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MHUREWITZ, General Manager at Skyline Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
It is nice to hear what a great vacation you had in NYC. We hope rto see you again.

Regards,
manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Hotel Location is good can walk to Broadway / Times Square etc, hotel itself is an awful place, I think there are prisons that are of higher standards than this place. We went with my disabled son (15) and my nineteen year old daughter and we were supposed to get a family room separate beds for the kids only to walk into a room with two double's and when we complained they sent up the worlds oldest cot bed, our daughter ended up sleeping in the bath for the five days we were there. There are far better and cheaper hotels to be found on Tripadvisor, I would avoid this place like the plague, dirty accommodation, ignorant staff seen cleaner pig styes

Room Tip: Book a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MHUREWITZ, General Manager at Skyline Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I always like to respond to both positive and negative comments with understanding all of the circumstance of knowing all of the fact of the guest stay. We were able to look up your email and found your name, Sean Addison, so we might better understand how your reservation was made and why you felt so negative about the hotel. Unfortunately, there was no one who stayed under the name associated with the email from trip advisor . We also checked any reports that would be a link to the problems you described and found nothing. We would welcome further contact to discuss the accusations that you felt compled to write about in your review. It is hard for me to believe that you would use the statement that the staff was ignorant and that we mislead you on type of accommodations that were given.
Looking forward to better understand who you are and what the issues were,
Mark Hurewitz

Been to Skyline Hotel? Share your experiences!