“Okay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St

You added Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   440 West 57th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #334 of 458 Hotels in New York City
U.K.
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

When you are a tourist in New York, you really only need a comfortable room in a good location, this it, just south of Central Park, and plenty going on in easy walking distance........I have to say that I prefer Soho, with a nice village atmosphere, but this is a good hotel, lively bar can't fault it.

Room Tip: They are all comfortable, to the best of my knowledge
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I've used this hotel a few times now, as its in an area I really like, not too loud, but in a prime spot not far from everything.

The rooms aren't big, but that's the nature of New York hotels. They are comfy, clean and the staff friendly.

I'd happily stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed here for 4 nights and had a great time! The bedroom was big for NYC and had 2 double beds, the shower was suffice. The reception desk staff were very friendly and offered lot's of advice on getting around the City! The Dining room staff, could not do enough for you, very friendly and courteous! Nice Bar to have a drink in! Lots of floating staff to help you in general. The location is just great! You could pay a lot more money to stay in this location, however this hotel fits the bill for your stay!!

Room Tip: Choose a high floor, better views of the City!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Jasmin O, Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear TyroneBoston,
Thank you for taking your time on posting this review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn-Midtown 57st. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your 4 night stay with us and received excellent service from all of our staff. We take great pride in giving our guest the best service possible while they stay with us and we hope you can visit us again soon the next time you are in New york City.
Michael Melendez
Guest Service Supervisor
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I recently stayed at Holiday Inn. This hotel is ideal for attending any conferences/expo happening in Javits center as it's just 5 mins by taxi. Hotel is good in terms of room and cleanliness. However, Wi-Fi is horrible here as it doesn't work most of the time. They have two Wi-Fi networks and one with midtown is good but other one is bad. Hotel Restaurant which serves Breakfast is good in food quality but very poor in service. Overall I would rate it as average

Room Tip: Take odd room as Wi-Fi is good in that wing. Insist on Stay with Breakfast as breakfast is generally...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Jasmin O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Rajivkagrawal,
Thank you for taking the time out to leave us your comments. It's always great to hear that our guest are satisfied with their stay and to know what needs improvement so that we can continue to provide excellent service. I apologize for the problems with the wifi and for the poor service you received at our restaurant. I will pass on your comments to the restaurant manager so that he can take measures in correcting the problem. I am happy to share that we updated our internet server and our wifi is now working excellent. Please visit us again so that we can provide you with a better hotel experience.
King regards,
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I traveled for 16 hours today in a snowstorm. I get to the Holiday Inn at 57th Street, a hotel that I have stayed at in the past, but apparently in a "different" part of the hotel. It's hot as all get out in here - like 100 degrees hot. I can' find the thermostat....so I call the front desk.....I'm told that the only way to cool down the room is to "open up the window". The suicide windows that open by two inches. AND IT'S A BLIZZARD. OPEN UP THE WINDOW they say. NO A/C, NO FAN, NO THERMOSTAT. OPEN UP THE WINDOW. What, are we in a youth hostel?

NEVER EVER AGAIN. This place is ridiculous. OPEN UP A WINDOW. I'm looking forward to not sleeping tonight because I'm legitimately sweating my skin off. Thanks for nothing crappy Holiday Inn Midtown. NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: A tip? Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Dear Holly R,
I would like to thank you for sharing your comments and the experience you had while at our hotel. I am truly sorry that your experience was not satisfactory and the response you received from our staff in regards to your hot room seemed uncaring. Their response should have been to advise you to shut off the heat, not to open the window during a blizzard or to send up our Engineering to correct the problem. I will speak to my staff to ensure that they understand that was an unacceptable response. I hope you can give us another chance to provide you with the excellent customer service we are known for. If there is anyway I can rectify this situation, please email me at vigo@nyc57.com.
Selangor Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Great location with plenty of food, pharmacies & supermarkets. We only booked the hotel for its location to the university my daughter was enrolled in. The hotel is old and there's not much to expect for a Holiday Inn chain. The room was clean but could do with an in-room safe rather than safe deposit boxes that were stacked on top of another located in a room just off the reception area. Initially I was not even asked to sign for a box eg room no, guest name etc until the next day when I wanted to access the box & the staff realized the mistake made by the previous staff member. The hotel needs to address this, I felt a little safer but not 100% safe leaving my valuables there but I was not going to walk around nyc with it. As for the high speed wifi as stated, it needs to be rephrased as snail paced-with frequent drop out instead, unless you happened to be awake at 3 am.

Stayed January 2015
Jasmin O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear mkjs66,
Thank you for taking the time out to write your review. Your comments are greatly appreciated and they will help us to address what needs improvement. I am pleased to hear that our location was perfect for your needs. I would like to apologize for the issue with the safe box. We are in the process of putting a in room safe box to all 600 rooms. I am happy to say that we recently updated our wifi. I hope that you will visit us again so that we can provide you with a better hotel experience.
london england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed here for a week in January 2015. I in fact mistook this hotel for another during a hurried booking session. Unfortunately this turned out to be a misfortune. Were this not a Holiday Inn I doubt it would attract much custom. The room was, as others have said, in poor decorative state, wifi was intermittent, walls thin, public areas unattractive. There was a cupboard door whic hwas rusty and dangerous and insufficient hot water in the mornings. On the plus side it was not expensive, fairly well situated (especially for Lincoln Center) and the beds were very comfortable. But I would not stay here again. Oh, we found the staff perfectly pleasant if one makes allowance for the usual NY brusqueness.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back, they said that Tower B is better. Essential to insist on a refurbished room...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear UKandFrance,
Thank you for your comments. I am happy to know that you were satisfied with our rates, the comfort of our beds, our location and our friendly staff. I am so sorry that you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room. Most of our rooms have already been renovated and we are in the process of finishing the remaining rooms. We also updated our wifi. I hope that you would visit us again in the future so that we can provide you with a better hotel experience.
Front Service Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St? Share your experiences!