“Great location and value for money ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   440 West 57th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special New York Savings!
Ranked #326 of 453 Hotels in New York City
“Great location and value for money ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is ideally located for anyone planning a short stay in New York.
Just a few minutes from the subway at Columbus Circle means that all areas of Manhattan can be reached very quickly; Central Park is a 5 minute walk away too.
The buffet breakfast is good value for money and the drinks are reasonably priced. The gem in the hotel though is on the roof - sitting by the roof-top swimming pool is an ideal way to relax after a busy day sightseeing / shopping in Manhattan.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jasmin O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Jason C

Thank you for sharing your review. It's great to hear how you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Midtown. Thank you for sharing the location points and our roof top pool. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Front Services Manager Jasmin Ortiz-Cruz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Front Desk Staff was not that welcoming no greetings just checking in? The bartender was a little preoccupied with one particular guest it took longer than normal to acknowledge me when I sat down at the bar then she took my order no greeting just what are you having? she didn't introduce herself then back to the other guest. This was around11 PM so no doorman normally there is someone helping with the luggage.Morning shift at check out was much better so no harm done just wanted to share a quick feedback I still like the hotel will come back again maybe I will check in earlier next time..

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Jasmin O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Jerico S

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I sincerely apologize for your experience with the front staff at check-in and with the bar staff during your arrival. I regret the impression it caused not seeing a doorman available at 11pm and I sincerely apologize the service was not pleasant. I am happy to hear your experience was great during the check-out process and that you will be returning again during your next visit to NYC. If you will like to discuss further details to help us improve in areas needed please e-mail me at mail@hi57.com as it is our goal to always provide excellent service. Once again, I sincerely apologize and hope to have the opportunity to speak with you.

Tonbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A very good mid priced hotel on West 57th Street. Only used it for a place to sleep and for this it was great. Bathroom/shower adequate but OK. Comfortable beds. Good sized room. The rest of the hotel was not to my tastes but as we were never there not a problem. easy location for the subway, close to Central park and walking distance to many midtown attractions.

Room Tip: We were on the 12 floor which was great.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear BruceGP

Thank you for sharing your review of the Holiday Inn Midtown. I am happy to hear you found the accommodation provided to be very comfortable. I am sorry to hear the décor was not to taste and we hope with the new look in the near future will be pleasing. We thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Midtown and genuinely hope to see you again in the near future.

Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The price charged for this hotel was somewhat cheaper than other hotels of a similar standard in the NYC, so that instantly made it seem to be good value for money for a three night stay. Check-in was courteous and efficient with a properly designated queue for Priority Club members. I had a room in the South Tower (overlooking W56th St), whilst my friend (who had booked independently) had a room in the North Tower (not on the street side). No noise issues from outside in either room - those overlooking W 57th St would be noisier. Both were comfortable rooms - mine was larger, and worth the extra cost. Air-con was adequate - it was 80F+ outside and the room was just about cool enough to sleep in. We ate in the bar one night where the service was curiously offhand without being unfriendly and had the buffet breakfast one morning, which seemed to be good value. Didn't venture up to the pool as it was not open at 7pm when a swim would have been welcome. Lifts fine on the way up, but every morning, I ended up going down the emergency stairs and my friend had a long wait to get down as there were not enough lifts for the number of rooms in either tower (North Tower definitely worse). Other reviewers have commented on a strange smell in reception - to me this seemed to be over-strong cleaning chemicals. Good location and easy access from Subway. I'd happily return here if the price was right.

Room Tip: Larger rooms seemed to be worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Hampshire-resident

Thank you for your feedback of your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Midtown. It is great to hear your experience was pleasant and found the newly renovated room comfortable. I apologize to hear the bar service was off and have shared your comments with the food and beverage Director. Thank you for sharing the front desk staff experience being courteous and efficient our team is happy to know you had a great check-in experience. It's also very wonderful to hear you would happily return and we are happy to have you as our valued guest for a return visit. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience.

United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed for 5 nights at this hotel in September. It's a good location within easy walking distance to 8th Ave and Central Park.

A clean and friendly hotel that it exactly what we needed. We didn't want to hang around the hotel and were out all hours of the day. I would stay here again.

STAY HERE IF......you need a good location for easy access to main attractions and sights. Good staff service, clean and tidy.

GO ELSEWHERE IF.....you want a "hotel experience"..i.e hanging round the pool, modern lobby and eating area etc.

This place is a hotel with nothing special about it. I'd visit here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking 57th St. You get good light in the room and experience a little of NYC li...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear dw43_12

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our good staff service and cleanliness at the Holiday Inn Midtown. It's great to know you got what you were expecting from a hotel such as a clean and friendly hotel and happy you chose us. It's truly wonderful to know you will come and stay at the our property again and we genuinely look forward to your return visit.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I took my son to school but instead of staying in jersey where he would attend school I decided to take both kids to NY. The location is awesome within walking distance of everything. My kids enjoyed the scenery. When you enter the hotel it's very nice and deceiving , when we asked the front desk attendant said that this nice for new York standard. The room was cramped my son is 6'9 he had to sleep cross ways the bed the bathroom was so small can hardly turn in the bathroom... the TOWELS where DISGUSTING. .. HAD TO BUY OUR OWN. The parking is a total rip off I have an suv and was charged for oversized rolling my eyes.
I would never recommend this hotel to anyone at this price or even free.

• Stayed September 2014
Dear KimPosh

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I sincerely apologize your stay was less than comfortable due to the accommodation provided for you and your two sons. Unfortunately, we do not have two king size beds in one accommodation. I was surprised to hear about the towels and have immediately shared your comments with our Housekeeping Director. I regret the impact of your experience at our property and parking facility. Our property offers a discounted price at the parking garage and for oversized vehicles it is an extra charge and we are genuinely sorry this may have been an inconvenience during your stay with us. We genuinely try our very best to provide the best discounts in NYC. Once again, I sincerely apologize for your experience and hope in the near future you will give Holiday Inn/IHG hotels another opportunity for an overall pleasant stay.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I'm giving the Holiday Inn an average on account of the good location, comfortable (but dated) room, and the fantastic house keeping ladies. However if it weren't for these things, I would've given this hotel a terrible. The door and pool staff are the rudest I have ever witnessed. We stayed for two weeks and did not get so much as a hello or goodbye during our coming or going, the gentleman out the front of the hotel won't even hail you a cab. They are too busy gossiping with each other or leaning up against the counter on their cell phone to acknowledge any hotel guests. Be aware of the pool staff also, the pool closes at 6 each evening, but it seems that they will tell you it's closing hours earlier, just so that they can have the rest of the day off! If you want a comfortable, central, affordable hotel, this is the place! Just don't expect any kind of service from the lobby staff at all.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear CHHE6193

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. I appreciate you sharing your feedback in regards to service and in mentioning our fantastic housekeeping staff. I am happy to hear your room was comfortable and sincerely apologize for feeling unwelcomed with our pool and bell staff at our property. I have shared your feedback with the team and we deeply apologize for your experience during your stay with us. We regret the impact it caused and genuinely hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our improvements. We value you as our guest and sincerely hope to see you again to make it right.

Front Services Manager Jasmin Ortiz-Cruz

Been to Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St? Share your experiences!