I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I was a little worried because it was priced so much lower than other hotels in Manhattan but my fear was proven unfounded. It is definitely an average large commercial hotel with a lot decent amenities and a great bonus: a roof top swimming pool!
The pool hours are not the best if you will be out sightseeing all day. It closes at 6PM. Too bad as it would have been a wonderful treat to go up there at night to cool down and see the city lights. But we took advantage of the pool all three days of our stay for an afternoon dip. There is a bar for drinks and a tiny grill with very basic food; only good if you are very thirsty or starving. The pool is well maintained, clean, and there are a few potted palm trees around. It is a nice atmosphere up there with great views. There are a lot of chaises and picnic tables under umbrellas. The crowds come and go. Sunday was packed (they sell memberships to locals) but Monday and Tuesday were pretty empty.
The hotel has a large busy lobby with a nice lounge for the evening. We went there each night of our stay for some after drinks before bed. We did not use the restaurant or the fitness center so I can not comment.
Our room, which was a renovated double deluxe room was decent and very spacious, especially by New York standards. There is definitely a need for repairs and upgrades through out the hotel which seem to be in progress at the moment. The morning we checked out every square inch of the huge lobby was over run by boxes of head boards for the room upgrades. They were unloading trucks of these out front. I guess there is no good time to do that but it was a bit uncomfortable. Our toilet in our room had difficulty flushing. The wall paper in the hallways was coming apart at some seams (not dramatic but noticeable). The over all feeling to me of the hotel is a large, clean, commercial tour group hotel with all the amenities you need to be comfortable but not luxurious.
All of the staff were friendly and very helpful.
I would definitely stay here again if the price stays the same. It is a great value for location and amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, The Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street is conveniently located to famous New York attractions. Just three blocks from Central Park and Carnegie Hall with Lincoln Center nearby. Situated within the Theater District, a Broadway show is a moment away. Fabulous shopping at Tiffany's, Niketown, Fifth Avenue, and 57th Street boutiques. JFK Airport and LaGuardia Airport are only 45 minutes away from this Manhattan hotel location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Venere, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Otel, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown New York
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn Times Square
- Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street
- Holiday Inn Midtown Manhattan
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manhattan Midtown