I stayed here early December for 5 nights with 2 children aged 11 and 9. I did hear noise such as toilets being flushed etc from the other rooms but that was about it. We were on the 16th floor and the view was beautiful from our hotel room Our room was a bit dated but the tv with lots of channels was great and the double beds and pillows were very comfortable.
The breakfast in the restaurant was lovely and the children were free which was great. We ate lunch one of the days also which was very nice. The hostess didn't seem to enthusiastic when greeting us and showing us to our table each morning.
There is a very nice little gift shop and the ladies working there were very nice. Reception staff were also not very enthusiastic or happy looking i thought. One of the receptionists when i asked him to make a call to confirm our pre booked transfer back to the airport said he would do it later as he had people to check in which i thought was rather rude. I then went to the concierge who informed me that he would telephone for me but it would require a tip. he also gave me incorrect directions to different places twice and continuously tried to sell me theater tickets that i hadn't asked about. There was always a big queue at the concierge desk and at one point a half an hour wait.
I did find a lot of the reception staff very unhelpful. It was raining very heavily on one of the days and i asked one of the receptionists would she have any kids board games or something for my two children to do and she laughed at me and said "no we have nothing like that" and walked off. Another time i asked a different receptionist for a bottle of water as i could see the other receptionists giving them to guests and she said to me that if i wanted water i could drink the water from the tap in the room.
We still had a great holiday in new york but i dont know if i would stay here again. I was a bit nervous travelling on my own with 2 children and i chose this hotel because its well known. I did feel safe in the hotel but i didnt find some of the staff very warm or helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, The Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street is conveniently located to famous New York attractions. Just three blocks from Central Park and Carnegie Hall with Lincoln Center nearby. Situated within the Theater District, a Broadway show is a moment away. Fabulous shopping at Tiffany's, Niketown, Fifth Avenue, and 57th Street boutiques. JFK Airport and LaGuardia Airport are only 45 minutes away from this Manhattan hotel location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Venere, BookIt.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Otel, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown New York
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn Times Square
- Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street
- Holiday Inn Midtown Manhattan
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manhattan Midtown