“Good Location, Good Price, Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   440 West 57th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Special New York Savings!
Ranked #326 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Location, Good Price, Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you're looking for one of the few well prices hotel rooms with multiple beds in NYC, this is your place. The rooms were well sized, the location was very good, and the staff was very helpful. Upon arrival I found out they didn't have a room with 2 beds left, however they quickly offered me two 1 bed rooms instead - free of charge. The entire time I was there I was happy with the staff and felt safe. What I really liked about the location was that it was close to Time's Square and Central park - but far enough away to escape some crowds. Plus it's super convenient if you plan to use the Subway a lot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Jasmin O, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear BujTravels B,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the Holiday Inn Midtown on 57th street! We truly appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear you felt safe and comfortable throughout your stay with us. Our staff takes great pride in providing excellent assistance to all of our guests, so I will be sure to pass your kind remarks along as they will be thrilled to hear you found them helpful. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback! We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Great base to stay in NY - met all our needs , special mention to Newlove helping us with our luggage & organising taxi . Rooms clean & serviced daily, lifts need to be updated , great pool just didn't have time to use it

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Julie R,

Thank you very much for your positive review! We are very happy to hear the Holiday Inn Midtown met all of your needs, and will be passing your kind words along to Newlove who will be very happy to know you mentioned him. Please know I will be sending your feedback regarding our elevators to the Director of Security as well, so they can look into the issue further. We thank you again for your comments, and hope to have your as our guest again in the near future!

Nashville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed our first two nights in NY right in Times Square...then moved over to this hotel, so this place was a bit out of the way. We had a hard time finding food...we had picky kids with us...so we had to walk a distance to go to places they would like to eat at. The hotel is old... dated...low ceilings...and the AC is not very strong. We asked for a fan, and that fan was wonderful...I slept good...I am kind of wondering if there were bed bugs? I had little bites on me those two days we stayed after I woke up. Makes me sad because the place has potential... the rooftop pool is great, clean... quiet, COLD...there is a bar up there with grill that is so reasonable that we ate lunch up there once. We were there the night they filmed an episode of Americas Got Talent of a swim team, and got to be part of the audience...that was wonderful!! Probably wont stay here next time, there are just so many places to pick from, closer to the heart of things. But some people would love the location and the quietness that affords.

Dear vabbey,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Please e-mail us with further details to mail@hi57.com, attention Manager.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have been to New York twice and stayed here both times and will definitely be looking to stay again next year for my third visit.

The first year we went was just as the pool opened on the roof for the summer season and there was nothing better after a long day of tourist events than to go for a dip amongst the sky scrapers, great addition to the hotel!
On my first stay here we had a room that slept 3 across two GIANT beds. As a group of friends this didn't bother us at all as we were used to sharing beds on other trips! And the beds were so big you didn't even know someone else was in there!!

Rooms are very big, when speaking to other travellers in other hotels they explained their room was a biz with a bed, these rooms are so so big and comfy that they make the stay even better.

The second time I stayed here we had two rooms between five of us (not joined) however the first night our room had a very strong cigarette smoke smell (despite us asking for non smoking rooms) and a stag party opposite were incredibly loud. However after speaking to the front desk the following morning all of our party were moved to two joined rooms with interlocking door that we could open and it was more like a suite! The room was even bigger than the last time, beds were comfortable and huge yet again and the room smelt better. The front desk could not have done enough for us, they were helpful, apologetic and didn't make us feel bad for complaining.

Location. Is brilliant. Ten min walk to Times Square and Central Park, subway stations nearby, Brooklyn. Diner just up the road is amazing for breakfast defo go there!

Great service booking us cars to take us back to the airport - felt like a celeb the cars were so posh :) and at same price as a taxi it made the end of our holiday!

Last time I was there some parts were being refurbished but I never had any problems with any part of the hotel, even the bits that were tired and worn as it was obvious the management were in the process of updating.

Good little bar by the lobby with wifi too.

All in all I would 100% stay here again and hope to in April as I know I can guarantee a great stay

Room Tip: If you go last week of may/first week of June the pool opens for the summer and its lovely up there...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Jasmin O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Gemma H

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review and we are extremely happy to know that you have stayed with us twice and we are extremely delighted to hear that your planning your third visit to NYC with us due to our service, accommodation and your overall stay experience. We appreciate the opportunity given to us in fixing any problem areas during your first visit and we genuinely appreciate your comments on how helpful and apologetic our staff is at the Holiday Inn Midtown. We genuinely are happy to know that you will 100% stay with us again. We look forward to your next stay.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is my second stay in this hotel. It's location is extremely convenient and the price is right for a trip to NYC where EVERYTHING is a money pit...
Room was very clean.
Beds are comfy (however, sheets are a bit too bleached...smell permeates a wee bit), but better clean than not.
Our shower was adequate...however, there were plenty of towels as needed.
Hotel staff are friendly and accommodating (except for the women tending the bar....ouch....they are less than smiley)...concierge is highly knowledgeable and approachable.
The pool looks great, if you can get to it...it opens at 10 and closes at 6. Ridiculous hours.
The breakfast restaurant is pretty good if you prefer or need to eat before heading out...regular, "white bread" fare where kids under 12 eat for free...
Just a quick and fun walk to Hell's Kitchen for a great dinner and lots of action; a short jaunt to Times Square....great location. I will book here again.

Room Tip: apparently, one of the towers is being renovated....ask about that before booking.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear KelliHelpert

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Midtown. We are happy to know that this is your second stay with us and we genuinely appreciate your feedback. It's absolutely great to hear how the location is extremely convenient , the price and that our staff is recognized as friendly and accommodating. I sincerly apologize for the lessthan smiley bar tender at the lounge and I will notify the Food and Beverage Director for further improvement. I'm sorry about the pool hours not being longer than 6pm but I really do hope that you were able to at least enjoy the pool during your stay.

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed in the hotel Jul 22-27 and from the beginning it was a great experience. I made three reservations, one with points, one with points and cash, and one with cash only, I phoned ahead to let the Front Desk know that the three reservations were actually for one stay. Robyn told me on the phone that she would watch out for them. Later in the same day I followed up by email, and Robyn replied that she had seen the reservations and had merged them as per my request.

A few days later I made a request for a renovated room that was quiet, city view was not as important. Again a followup by email was made by Whayner.

We had a problem with our airline arrival, due to LaGuardia closing due to an airliner mishap. I phoned the Hotel to inform them, and they told me "No Problem" we have the room blocked for you. Very calming to hear that in the middle of our airline crisis.

We arrived (finally) one day late, and we got checked in with a minimum of fuss. Off to our room, and it was everything we asked for, a corner room, newly renovated. In fact, there were some workmen in the hallway that had to move every time we needed to get past, and they were polite and friendly.

The location of the hotel is very nice, we were two-three blocks away from the SW? corner of Central Park and within a block or two of the subway stations. Last time I was in NYC, I stayed near Times Square, and this location was MUCH better.

The night before it came time to leave, I talked with the Front Desk and asked about the "No Show" policy due to our late arrival. The Night Manager gave me the contact info for the Accounting Office, and the I ended up talking with Magdalana? in accounting the next morning She put me on hold for 2 minutes ( I suppose to confer with someone else) and then informed me that the Hotel would be reversing the charges for the first night due to MY problem. They certainly didn't have to do that, and Holiday Inn has certainly earned a new level of loyalty from me and everyone I talk to. I'm a small businessman, and I know how often you hear complaints, but you don't hear good feedback as much.

THANK YOU HOLIDAY INN MIDTOWN!!!

Dear Brian G

Thank you for your review and taking the time to metion the details of your pleasant experience at the Holiday Inn Midtown. We are pleased to hear that the service provided by our staff made a Great impression and has earned your loyalty with our Holiday Inn brand/IHG hotel. It's always a pleasure to hear such positive feedback, Once again thank you for your time and comments.

stavanger
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Value for money- nice size on rooms - location was great. coffe and tea maker make me always happy .
Could agree on coments about the pool closes an hour or two too early . Close to Centra park and underground - but a nice 10 min walk to Thimes Square and Broadway .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jasmin O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear StavangerHanne

Thank you for your response and feedback. It's great to know you were able to enjoy the pool area and your comments regarding the pool hours will be shared. Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. We hope to see you soon again.

Front Services Manager Jasmin Ortiz-Cruz

Been to Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St? Share your experiences!