I have been to New York twice and stayed here both times and will definitely be looking to stay again next year for my third visit.
The first year we went was just as the pool opened on the roof for the summer season and there was nothing better after a long day of tourist events than to go for a dip amongst the sky scrapers, great addition to the hotel!
On my first stay here we had a room that slept 3 across two GIANT beds. As a group of friends this didn't bother us at all as we were used to sharing beds on other trips! And the beds were so big you didn't even know someone else was in there!!
Rooms are very big, when speaking to other travellers in other hotels they explained their room was a biz with a bed, these rooms are so so big and comfy that they make the stay even better.
The second time I stayed here we had two rooms between five of us (not joined) however the first night our room had a very strong cigarette smoke smell (despite us asking for non smoking rooms) and a stag party opposite were incredibly loud. However after speaking to the front desk the following morning all of our party were moved to two joined rooms with interlocking door that we could open and it was more like a suite! The room was even bigger than the last time, beds were comfortable and huge yet again and the room smelt better. The front desk could not have done enough for us, they were helpful, apologetic and didn't make us feel bad for complaining.
Location. Is brilliant. Ten min walk to Times Square and Central Park, subway stations nearby, Brooklyn. Diner just up the road is amazing for breakfast defo go there!
Great service booking us cars to take us back to the airport - felt like a celeb the cars were so posh :) and at same price as a taxi it made the end of our holiday!
Last time I was there some parts were being refurbished but I never had any problems with any part of the hotel, even the bits that were tired and worn as it was obvious the management were in the process of updating.
Good little bar by the lobby with wifi too.
All in all I would 100% stay here again and hope to in April as I know I can guarantee a great stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, The Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street is conveniently located to famous New York attractions. Just three blocks from Central Park and Carnegie Hall with Lincoln Center nearby. Situated within the Theater District, a Broadway show is a moment away. Fabulous shopping at Tiffany's, Niketown, Fifth Avenue, and 57th Street boutiques. JFK Airport and LaGuardia Airport are only 45 minutes away from this Manhattan hotel location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown New York
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn Times Square
- Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street
- Holiday Inn Midtown Manhattan
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Manhattan Midtown