“Holiday Inn Midtown/57th Street” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St to your Saves list
Booking.com IHG
Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   440 West 57th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #320 of 447 hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“Holiday Inn Midtown/57th Street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is my second stay in this hotel. It's location is extremely convenient and the price is right for a trip to NYC where EVERYTHING is a money pit...
Room was very clean.
Beds are comfy (however, sheets are a bit too bleached...smell permeates a wee bit), but better clean than not.
Our shower was adequate...however, there were plenty of towels as needed.
Hotel staff are friendly and accommodating (except for the women tending the bar....ouch....they are less than smiley)...concierge is highly knowledgeable and approachable.
The pool looks great, if you can get to it...it opens at 10 and closes at 6. Ridiculous hours.
The breakfast restaurant is pretty good if you prefer or need to eat before heading out...regular, "white bread" fare where kids under 12 eat for free...
Just a quick and fun walk to Hell's Kitchen for a great dinner and lots of action; a short jaunt to Times Square....great location. I will book here again.

Room Tip: apparently, one of the towers is being renovated....ask about that before booking.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jasmin O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear KelliHelpert

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Midtown. We are happy to know that this is your second stay with us and we genuinely appreciate your feedback. It's absolutely great to hear how the location is extremely convenient , the price and that our staff is recognized as friendly and accommodating. I sincerly apologize for the lessthan smiley bar tender at the lounge and I will notify the Food and Beverage Director for further improvement. I'm sorry about the pool hours not being longer than 6pm but I really do hope that you were able to at least enjoy the pool during your stay.

2,260 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed in the hotel Jul 22-27 and from the beginning it was a great experience. I made three reservations, one with points, one with points and cash, and one with cash only, I phoned ahead to let the Front Desk know that the three reservations were actually for one stay. Robyn told me on the phone that she would watch out for them. Later in the same day I followed up by email, and Robyn replied that she had seen the reservations and had merged them as per my request.

A few days later I made a request for a renovated room that was quiet, city view was not as important. Again a followup by email was made by Whayner.

We had a problem with our airline arrival, due to LaGuardia closing due to an airliner mishap. I phoned the Hotel to inform them, and they told me "No Problem" we have the room blocked for you. Very calming to hear that in the middle of our airline crisis.

We arrived (finally) one day late, and we got checked in with a minimum of fuss. Off to our room, and it was everything we asked for, a corner room, newly renovated. In fact, there were some workmen in the hallway that had to move every time we needed to get past, and they were polite and friendly.

The location of the hotel is very nice, we were two-three blocks away from the SW? corner of Central Park and within a block or two of the subway stations. Last time I was in NYC, I stayed near Times Square, and this location was MUCH better.

The night before it came time to leave, I talked with the Front Desk and asked about the "No Show" policy due to our late arrival. The Night Manager gave me the contact info for the Accounting Office, and the I ended up talking with Magdalana? in accounting the next morning She put me on hold for 2 minutes ( I suppose to confer with someone else) and then informed me that the Hotel would be reversing the charges for the first night due to MY problem. They certainly didn't have to do that, and Holiday Inn has certainly earned a new level of loyalty from me and everyone I talk to. I'm a small businessman, and I know how often you hear complaints, but you don't hear good feedback as much.

THANK YOU HOLIDAY INN MIDTOWN!!!

Dear Brian G

Thank you for your review and taking the time to metion the details of your pleasant experience at the Holiday Inn Midtown. We are pleased to hear that the service provided by our staff made a Great impression and has earned your loyalty with our Holiday Inn brand/IHG hotel. It's always a pleasure to hear such positive feedback, Once again thank you for your time and comments.

stavanger
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Value for money- nice size on rooms - location was great. coffe and tea maker make me always happy .
Could agree on coments about the pool closes an hour or two too early . Close to Centra park and underground - but a nice 10 min walk to Thimes Square and Broadway .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jasmin O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear StavangerHanne

Thank you for your response and feedback. It's great to know you were able to enjoy the pool area and your comments regarding the pool hours will be shared. Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. We hope to see you soon again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Nice hotel in a good location. really friendly and helpful staff. very clean and comfortable. At first I was worried that this hotel wouldnt be in the mix of things, as i always like to be right at the heart of all the action, however I was pleasantly suprised by this hotel. It was in a nice part of the city, and really central for a walk in the park, or a visit tio Times Square. You wont be disappointed staying here!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Picnic76

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive review regarding your recent stay with us. The staff is extremely happy to know you had such a pleasant stay due to the service and hotel location overall. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Kaliua, HI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

OK- so I read the reviews and thought I was being strategic--I reserved our room ahead of time, asked for a renovated room, was a member of the Holiday Inn travel club, etc. etc. And yet, and yet--
Instead of writing a novel I'll keep this brief--
Driving: this is a very easy hotel to access, just off Henry Hudson. Easy in, easy out. We had a parking package which was very convenient.
The room: when we arrived it was pouring, in the middle of a heat wave...Our first room, in the South tower, did not appear to be renovated-DARK, DAMP but the AC was great. It The room also smelled like mildew and cigarette smoke. Since these are huge triggers to my allergies and asthma-- I needed to ask for a move.
All that was available at this time were rooms under the 8th floor in the North tower. Fine we took a brighter room facing the street. This was about it for amenities.
The AC never, ever got above tolerable-as in, the heat and humidity weren't terrible but we were never comfortable. The carpet near the TV, where we had our duffle parked, smelled like smelly sneakers--so moved it under the desk. The Wi-Fi only worked if we held our phones up and stood near the door. The bathroom was dark and strangely apportioned- you could not close the door unless you moved past the toilet-- but there was a strange amount of wasted space to the left of the toilet. The lighting was like something out of a bad movie-- dim and yellow. Won't even go into the rest of the details- although the toilet will remind you of a public facility.
Pros: The pool was a great highlight for our kids- and since it had been raining earlier- there was no one else there, which for the 4th weekend was pretty unusual. It is an all cash-bar, so be prepared.
All in all, the location was extremely convenient- we could walk to and fro from Lincoln Center. However, I will gladly exchange convenience for comfort and value,so next time around I will opt for the Marriott at Times Square.
I didn't even go into the elevator that we all went into--and got stuck in...and needed another hotel patron to pry open to help us get out...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jasmin O, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear momsadreamer

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. All details wiill be shared with all our staff and Executive office to improve all necessary areas, and again I genuinely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and will take the appropriate steps to avoid a similar situation in the near future.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Sincerely

Front Services Manager, Jasmin Ortiz-Cruz
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Ok rooms small bathrooms. Ac worked well. The pool should have been open longer hours due to when we were out all day and came home at 8pm. Nice staff. We(4) stayed there in the end of july 2013. Lot of nice breakfast places round the corner. We used Morning Star actually on the north corner of 9.th avenue and 57.st

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jasmin O, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Trondnornann,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are happy to hear you enjoyed some of the many restaurants in our area! I apologize that you found our bathrooms to be less than satisfactory, as well as the pool hours. Though our rooftop pool does close a bit early at 6pm, I hope you were still able to enjoy it at some point during your stay. Please know we are currently undergoing renovations in all of our rooms, and hope you will stay with us again in the near future so you can enjoy our fresh and new furnishings.

Tara Pizzi
Guest Service Manager
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family stayed here in July 2013, on the hottest week this summer in NYC! I had read reviews before arriving about the AC not working too great, and this was true; but it wasn't hot in the room, it just never got really cold ... we were on the 8th floor in the south tower. Also, while we were there NYC recorded its highest power usage in one day in history, so I wasn't surprised. The girls loved the rooftop pool, although it was VERY hot sitting up there. :)

The room was nice, and the beds comfortable. The biggest downside I would say was the bathroom which was a very strange configuration - you could barely turn around in there, but perhaps we had a room that hasn't been remodeled yet?

Still, a great location for the money - we walked to Central Park, to American Museum of Natural History, to FAO Schwarz, to Times Square, a lot of places. Best value breakfast around is at the Morning Star Diner across the street - try the pizza bagel for $3.95. Its fantastic!

We would definitely stay again if going back to NYC.

Dear avgm1972,
Thank you for your review and giving us the opportunity to learn from your feedback. We are so happy to hear you were pleased with our rooms. In terms of our bathrooms, some rooms do have different configurations than others, and we are always more than happy to take any requests you may have if your travels bring you back to New York City. We hope you will stay with us again, and allow us to make your stay more comfortable. Please know I have passed your comments regarding our AC units to our Engineering Chief so they can look into the situation further. Again, we thank you for your time and chosing the Holiday Inn Midtown.

Tara Pizzi
Guest Service Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St? Share your experiences!