We stayed in the hotel Jul 22-27 and from the beginning it was a great experience. I made three reservations, one with points, one with points and cash, and one with cash only, I phoned ahead to let the Front Desk know that the three reservations were actually for one stay. Robyn told me on the phone that she would watch out for them. Later in the same day I followed up by email, and Robyn replied that she had seen the reservations and had merged them as per my request.
A few days later I made a request for a renovated room that was quiet, city view was not as important. Again a followup by email was made by Whayner.
We had a problem with our airline arrival, due to LaGuardia closing due to an airliner mishap. I phoned the Hotel to inform them, and they told me "No Problem" we have the room blocked for you. Very calming to hear that in the middle of our airline crisis.
We arrived (finally) one day late, and we got checked in with a minimum of fuss. Off to our room, and it was everything we asked for, a corner room, newly renovated. In fact, there were some workmen in the hallway that had to move every time we needed to get past, and they were polite and friendly.
The location of the hotel is very nice, we were two-three blocks away from the SW? corner of Central Park and within a block or two of the subway stations. Last time I was in NYC, I stayed near Times Square, and this location was MUCH better.
The night before it came time to leave, I talked with the Front Desk and asked about the "No Show" policy due to our late arrival. The Night Manager gave me the contact info for the Accounting Office, and the I ended up talking with Magdalana? in accounting the next morning She put me on hold for 2 minutes ( I suppose to confer with someone else) and then informed me that the Hotel would be reversing the charges for the first night due to MY problem. They certainly didn't have to do that, and Holiday Inn has certainly earned a new level of loyalty from me and everyone I talk to. I'm a small businessman, and I know how often you hear complaints, but you don't hear good feedback as much.
THANK YOU HOLIDAY INN MIDTOWN!!!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown New York
- Holiday Inn Midtown
- Holiday Inn New York
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Manhattan
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn Times Square
- Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street
- Holiday Inn Midtown Manhattan
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, The Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street is conveniently located to famous New York attractions. Just three blocks from Central Park and Carnegie Hall with Lincoln Center nearby. Situated within the Theater District, a Broadway show is a moment away. Fabulous shopping at Tiffany's, Niketown, Fifth Avenue, and 57th Street boutiques. JFK Airport and LaGuardia Airport are only 45 minutes away from this Manhattan hotel location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Otel, getaroom.com, Amex, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.