We stayed at this hotel on March 15 and March 16, 2013. We purchased the room via Priceline and got a very reasonable rate for St. Patrick's day weekend, though our reason for visiting was to see family there on vacation from Germany.
Overall for this hotel:
Clean, spacious (for a NYC hotel room), comfy bed. Can't complain.
We used the valet parking for the hotel. $27 for 24 hours is a steal in NYC. Use it. This is not in and out parking; give them your car, pick it up when you leave and that's it. This hotel is so centrally located, you can walk anywhere you need to go. There are always cabs.
Super quick. We were prepaid due to priceline but regardless we were less than 5 min and on our way to our room.
Room 1828. Top floor facing 57th street. We had a queen sized bed (no kings available...sold out). Bed was comfortable, pillows not so much. They have firm and soft. Unfortunately, I got the firm, hubby got the soft (we switched the next night). I had a hard time sleeping but I lived. It's not the hotel's fault; I could have asked for more.
The ceiling was a little bit of a mess but it's an older hotel. Walls were ok, carpet ok. Nothing in there was enough to complain about. I've definitely seen worse. No one ever said this was a 5 star hotel. Don't expect that.
Bathroom was small, but it served it's purpose. Good water pressure, nice hot water. Shampoo etc was Bath and Body Works. Good stuff.
Room was a little warm when we got in there so we opened both windows and went to dinner. Was fine when we got back.
Super small. I did not like that, but no reason to give it reduced marks for that. It is what it is.
Location, Location, Location. 15 min walk to Times Square, another 15 to Empire State Building, 5 to Central Park, 10 to Carnegie Deli. How could you complain?
All in all, a great weekend, nice hotel for the price. We would stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown New York
- Holiday Inn Midtown
- Holiday Inn New York
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Manhattan
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn Times Square
- Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street
- Holiday Inn Midtown Manhattan
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, The Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street is conveniently located to famous New York attractions. Just three blocks from Central Park and Carnegie Hall with Lincoln Center nearby. Situated within the Theater District, a Broadway show is a moment away. Fabulous shopping at Tiffany's, Niketown, Fifth Avenue, and 57th Street boutiques. JFK Airport and LaGuardia Airport are only 45 minutes away from this Manhattan hotel location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Otel, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.