“good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St

You added Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   440 West 57th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #334 of 458 Hotels in New York City
england
“good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

we stayed here for 6 nights & it was average for what we required.The location is very good which is close to central park ,broadway ,times square etc.the room we stayed in was in need of a makeover with little space to hang any clohes up & quite cold aswell {heater didnt work}.we had a buffet breakfast here only the once & that was enough..!!! The main bar area is spacious with an average selection of beers,The bar food was limited & rather dissapointing.most staff were friendly & polite but it sometimes felt as though it was a chore to access the hotels secure safe area.....I would recommend going to nearby bars & restaurants for a better selection.On a plus side the hotel is in a quiet area away from the hustle & bustle of the main attractions but in a short walking distance... PS take comfortable footwear with you,as you will need them

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear petertoonarmy1971,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It is very nice to know that you liked our location. On the other hand, please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We traveled to new York for my daughters 16th birthday. We stayed at the holiday inn which we were impressed with for the value. The rooms were spacious and comfy. Bathrooms could be cleaned a but better but overall we were pleases. Would definitely recommend this spot to friends and family.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

If you are looking for a good location with fair price a good option is the Holiday Inn Midtown in New York.
The staff is polite and tells you good tips about Midtown Manhattan and New York in general.

You will be near enough to theaters, Times Square and at the same time escaping the hustle and bustle of the Broadway area in a walking distance.

Good rates and quality!

Cons:
Avoid smoking rooms!

Room Tip: Avoid smoking rooms or you`ll be smelling like stale smoke. Terrible!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Myself and my 3 girlfriends booked a room here on a Saturday night in January 2013 to celebrate my birthday. The hotel lobby was pleasant. However, we waited in line for 35 minutes to check in, which was very uncomfortable with all of our luggage. We had requested a corner room and were pleased to find that the hotel was able to accommodate our request.

When we got of the elevator on our assigned floor we were displeased to find unclean and outdated hallways - a used room service tray was left outside of one room and remained there for at least 4 hours. We booked a room with two double beds and they were extremely small (perhaps the size of a standard bed - definitely not a queen size). The beds were also very firm and, as I prefer a softer bed, this was uncomfortable.

As we were getting ready for our Saturday girl's night out we played some music on the small clock radio provided by the hotel and laughed and talked (as friends typically do). We are all college grads and a few of us have our master's degree and we just wanted to enjoy the weekend in NYC. At 8 o'clock on Saturday night we were surprised to receive a stern knock on the door from hotel management telling us that they had received a noise complaint and to be quiet or they would ask us to leave. My friends and I thought that this was particularly harsh language. Especially, as this was the first time they asked us to be quiet and also because it was 8 o'clock on a Saturday night! We did lower our voices and continued to get dressed. At 10 o'clock there was another noise complaint. We assured the manager that we had been trying to be quieter and that we were about to head out anyway and would be sleep after we returned. Now I do respect other people's comfort, but at the same time it was early on a Saturday night and we were not playing any loud music, and since we paid for our room just as other guests we should be able to enjoy our stay within reason.

In short, I would be hard pressed to stay at this hotel again and I certainly would not recommend the establishment to a friend. The front desk and housekeeping staff were pleasant. However, the cons far outweighed the pros. Next time, we will spend a bit more money for a more comfortable hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Jess3737,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I appreciate the compliments on our hotel staff. However, I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay as we always strive to provide a unique experience to all our guests. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to the condition of the room accommodations you received and issues you encountered during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Zelyn N
Cannock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Booked this as we were only staying for one night and needed a good quality hotel that was fairly cheap.

Great value for money. We had a room with 2 queen beds. Rooms are spacious and extremely clean. Beds were very comfy with a choice of different firmness of pillows. Bathroom was clean.

Great location. It only took us 5 minutes to walk to Times Square.

Would recommend to anyone staying in NYC

• Stayed June 2012
Tacarigua
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Pros: Great location, great price, clean

Cons: Terrible staff, mediocre food

Good place to crash if you just need a bed to sleep, avoid interacting with staff except for check in and check out and make sure to eat out, minus those issues excellent value for money. Not in a rush to return, there are a lot of other options in their price range so when I visit to manhattan again next month I'll give somewhere else a try. Almost certain I can find better service and food elsewhere, even if by accident.

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Kofi J,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient and your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service and food selection. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I haven't gotten to the hotel yet but the service over the phone for the front desk already has me not wanting to come back. I am a 22 year old cancer patient and I needed something somewhat close to Sloan Kettering. My conversation with the lady at front desk was disappointing, I needed to change one of the days because my flight changed. The lady apparently didn't appreciate this and was extremely rude. I'm not canceling my entire stay because I need the location but if I could already base my stay on how the woman at the front desk alone has acted.. I give it 1 out of 10. I've worked at the holiday inn previously in my town for 3 years and people do NOT act like that. I have enough to worry about without a rude employee adding to it. So thank you to whoever ruined my night.

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Ruthiedavenport,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am deeply sorry about the inconvenience you may have experienced with our reception staff. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience with us.

Pam G.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St? Share your experiences!