I'll begin with the Pros then the Cons.
I stayed at the Holiday Inn for the weekend, as I was on a class trip. We arrived to the hotel at around 11, and the staff were very helpful in getting us all to our rooms as quickly as possible.
Considering this is a Holiday Inn, I was very pleased with the room. I shared with 1 girl and we had more than enough space, especially considering it is a New York Hotel. We had a flat screen TV and the beds were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was small, but it was to be expected for New York. There is also a shop downstairs that stays open until 12 (very convenient if you're like me and forget your toothpaste). The location of the hotel is great. There is a starbucks about a 3 minute walk away. It is 5 minutes from Central park and about 8 from Times Square.
The room was nice, however they do need alot of TLC.
The inside of the closet seemed to be falling apart, and the toilet would not flush when we arrived. We called the front desk and someone arrived within 15 minutes. The water in the shower was always hot, although pressure was a bit of an issue. I'd also say the walls are very thin which might affect you greatly if you're a light sleeper, but it wasn't that bad for me. I would ask for a room on a LOW floor. The elevator was slightly frightening for me, as it semeed it could stop at any moment and a classmate of mine actually said she was stuck in it for a few minutes one evening.
I can't speak of room rates as my school booked the trip however, all in all you come to NY for the city not the hotel. I would definitley come back and/or reccomend this hotel to anyone.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown New York
- Holiday Inn Midtown
- Holiday Inn New York
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Manhattan
- Holiday Inn Nyc
- Holiday Inn Times Square
- Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street
- Holiday Inn Midtown Manhattan
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood, The Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street is conveniently located to famous New York attractions. Just three blocks from Central Park and Carnegie Hall with Lincoln Center nearby. Situated within the Theater District, a Broadway show is a moment away. Fabulous shopping at Tiffany's, Niketown, Fifth Avenue, and 57th Street boutiques. JFK Airport and LaGuardia Airport are only 45 minutes away from this Manhattan hotel location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Otel, getaroom.com, Amex, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.